Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 1/3 plan  (Read 1931 times)
szuetam (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:37:06 PM

I just get it today

" A paid preorder placed recently/soon will likely ship in May.

Of course if we find that we can assemble and ship them sooner we will.

The 1/3 shipping plan refers to those preorders placed before July 23, 2012."

form BFL
I'm really pissed off because I placed my orders couple of days ago and make each piece separate order with separate shipment to increase my chances.

They clearly claim about their 1/3 shipping program on their web page.
Could someone from US tell me if it is possible to sue them if they won't include me in lottery?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:43:26 PM

From BFL's website:

What is your 1/3 shipping plan?

Because of the potential for massive disruption that our ASIC units may cause to the mining ecosystem, we are instituting a 1/3 shipping method for our first shipment of products to individuals.  So that no single person or handful of people are able to gain a material advantage over any other, we will ship all our available units at the same time to as many customers as we can.  This means we will likely delay shipping on our first units until we have accumulated enough stock to satisfy a significant portion of our initial orders.  This ensures that as many people as possible who are early adopters are equally and fairly treated when receiving our product. To that end we will be shipping our first orders as such: 1/3 of each product line (Jalapeno, Single SC and Minirig SC) will be shipping to new orders, 1/3 to upgrade orders and the final 1/3 will be shipped to a random selection of orders from the first two categories (both upgrade and new customers) received in the first month of orders (From 23 June 2012 to 22 July 2012).

Bold added by me.

You just bought an order now, so you are not one of their first pre-order customers. You are 6+ months late to the pre-order game, and you are whining and bitching and threatening to sue because you're not in the last 1/3 lottery?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:43:56 PM

It's always been quite clear that the 1/3 shipping plan applied only to orders placed in the first month.  If you're not happy with that, I suggest that you request a refund.  There have been no reports to date of BFL refusing refunds.

Even Josh admits that there's no real point to the 1/3 shipping plan now.  They're sticking to it only because it's what they originally announced.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:46:41 PM

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:52:22 PM

You just bought an order now, so you are not one of their first pre-order customers. You are 68+ months late to the pre-order game, and you are whining and bitching and threatening to sue because you're not in the last 1/3 lottery?

I fixed that for you.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:56:39 PM

The nerve.....  many of us have tens of thousands of usd worth of btc in orders back into june, and this guy is complaining and he just ordered the other day?  with btc at 20 bucks?  We ordered when btc's were 5-6bucks

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:04:59 PM

Don't know what to say... many of us here on bitcointalk have been waiting for atleast 6+ months for something. Come back and whine some more once you've waited that long. Or try ordering an Avalon unit lol.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:37:09 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2013, 08:51:20 PM by PuertoLibre

Today is Feb 6th.

The worst case ship date (to date) has been pushed back some.

From Late October.
To Early November.
Then Late November.
Then Early December.
Then December 10th 2012.
Then add 30 days till January 10th 2013.
At January 10th Add another 30 days to February 10th 2013.
Now add push back the date 8 more days, to February 18th 2013.

Latest push is to add 3 or 4 days on top of that to the 22nd.

-------------------------
Coins the term "Inflationary Delays®"
-------------------------

Don't worry, BFL customer took _75 Days_ extra like a champ when BFL customers were tired of waiting on December the 10th. Whats a few more days? Imagine if you had been told on December 10th that the chips wouldn't be ready until 75 days later? What would you have done?

It's a good way to retain the status quo.

March 2013, here we come. Be of good cheer. We Avalon customers are still waiting on ours. Wink

(see how I inserted that jab for equalizations sake?)

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:56:01 PM

March 2013, here we come. Be of good cheer. We Avalon customers are still waiting on ours. Wink

Both are better than where bAsic left off at? Right?

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
BlackPrapor

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

PuertoLibre,
Did you get your tracking number for the package?

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

You got me!

I cannot argue against that point. By the way, some Chinese customer said they received their Avalon unit. So the landscape of situations is changing it appears.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:07:41 PM

PuertoLibre,
Did you get your tracking number for the package?
I just checked in email, at site account etc. Nothing as of yet.

I think it is time to start a thread and get on the horn as to why Yifu hasn't even answered any tickets up to 40 yet. He is in New York and has the ample opportunity to do this.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 12:30:45 AM

Could someone from US tell me if it is possible to sue them if they won't include me in lottery?

Dude, if you're in the U.S. then you can sue your mother if your cock points to the left a bit

o.0

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
v3miner

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:53:35 AM

Dude, if you're in the U.S. then you can sue your mother if your cock points to the left a bit

o.0

Damn really? Is there a statue of limitations on this? Gon' get PAIIIID!
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:12:28 AM

o.0
Damn really? Is there a statue of limitations on this? Gon' get PAIIIID!
I'm gonna be rich!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:06:43 AM

Avalon is for sure better than bASIC. The step from one ASIC to lots of ASICs is small and cheap.

Unfortunately BFL did not yet master this first step to one ASIC. It's still open if they do not follow Tom.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:17:32 PM

Avalon is for sure better than bASIC. The step from one ASIC to lots of ASICs is small and cheap.

Unfortunately BFL did not yet master this first step to one ASIC. It's still open if they do not follow Tom.

Agreed. At this point I'm merely suggesting if you want to hop off the train, you can. BFL is refunding those that want it. However, if you paid with BTC to Tom, my understanding is most people are holding their hands out still waiting for their money.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 2111

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:45:51 PM

I cannot argue against that point. By the way, some Chinese customer said they received their Avalon unit. So the landscape of situations is changing it appears.

Heh. If so, they'll have it torn apart and a clone up on DealExtreme for $13 by the end of the month.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:43:21 PM

Heh. If so, they'll have it torn apart and a clone up on DealExtreme for $13 by the end of the month.

Avalon is a Chinese company... having an ASIC chip doesn't mean you can clone it by having the physical chip.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 2111

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 06:00:52 PM

Avalon is a Chinese company... having an ASIC chip doesn't mean you can clone it by having the physical chip.

I don't know enough about ASICs to say. I thought a lot of the ASIC thing was down to the fabrication though and I know that can be copied if the desire is there (which realistically, there probably isn't).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: