Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitbay Announce First Decentralized Market Release (out of Beta)  (Read 3709 times)
funsponge (OP)

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:04:16 PM

Just seen this over at Bitbay;

-------------------------------

First Decentralised Market Release - APRIL 2016
Date:28th March 2016

April 2016 will see the official release of our first client. A faster and better version which will form the platform for all future templates and updates.

In addition to major enhancements the release will also fix all issues that have been reported by the users. The windows version is currently being tested by our core team.

Also, we have recently been in contact with Microsoft Azure and their requirements to join would delay the final release of the Bitbay client. We would rather complete the client and focus on its integration into other services. A more detailed post has already been made by David on Slack.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg14345443#msg14345443

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:49:06 PM

Interesting for sure!

I will keep an eye on Bitbay.

I could have stumbled upon a giant waiting to wake up!
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:26:23 PM

As I'm always short on time perhaps someone knows if this release of BitBay supports auctions?

Simple yes or no will do Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:31:20 PM

I wouldn't have thought Zimbeck would have done that just yet. I know hes a wizard but that might take him a year or two

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:32:24 PM

its not on the roadmap it seems

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg14346521#msg14346521

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:33:43 PM

Good news, I have been watching this one and hope to be trying it out soon.  Also good to see they are trying to get on Azure because at this point it will come down to who is NOT on Azure.

I love Bitcoin
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:36:03 PM

Thanks for the quick info! Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
funsponge (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:58:11 PM

yes pugman you got in before me

Here's the new Bitbay roadmap

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:27:32 PM

Here we go Ethereum Paradox again! BitBay is technobabble complexity (feature after unvetted feature being promised) without first explaining how they solve the scaling problem of a block chain.

PoShit consensus again.

Another child prodigy genius claim (Zimbeck redux of Vitalik).

None of these shitcoins are going to scale and remain decentralized.

These are just P&Ds.

The truth I am stating won't be vindicated until perhaps another year or two hence. So enjoy yourselves.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:32:49 PM

Here we go Ethereum Paradox again! BitBay is technobabble complexity (feature after unvetted feature being promised) without first explaining how they solve the scaling problem of a block chain.

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

The truth I am stating won't be vindicated until perhaps another year or two hence. So enjoy yourselves.

Nice to finally see someone that cares about scaling issues. I almost thought David is the only person that cares about that.
And since he cares about that he doesn't bloat the blockchain with markets.
funsponge (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:34:28 PM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

Bitbays Decentralized markets have worked in BitBay and Halo for over a year but were "in beta" to iron out bugs etc.
And its getting pegged so cant be pumped and dumped.

Why so negative.

If you want answers go to the Bitbay thread where David will answer your questions. How many crytpo's out there have an active full time dev willing to answer any question put to him?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:34:32 PM

Nice to finally see someone that cares about scaling issues. I almost thought David is the only person that cares about that.

No vetted white paper, means selling snake oil.

Bitbays Decentralized markets have worked in BitBay and Halo for over a year but were "in beta" to iron out bugs etc.

That isn't scaling.

When n00bs such as you don't even comprehend the meaning of the word 'scaling', then what is the point of me even trying to explain.

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:41:13 PM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

There's a few of us that care about it, myself included and of course TPTB (but I see you've already awoken the beast there Smiley )

Which leads me to my question of what is the scaling solution for Bitbay?   I didn't know that scalability was a key area of focus in that project  Huh

Radix - DLT x.0

Munti

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:45:05 PM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

There's a few of us that care about it, myself included and of course TPTB (but I see you've already awoken the beast there Smiley )

Which leads me to my question of what is the scaling solution for Bitbay?   I didn't know that scalability was a key area of focus in that project  Huh

You should ask David directly because I doubt I'm able to answer you at the level of detail you would like.
But basically making the decision to not run the contracts on the blockchain. He uses bitmessage instead.

While I'm at it, auctions will also come in BitBay. If you go to our thread there is a screenshot of a reverse auction
funsponge (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:45:54 PM

As I'm always short on time perhaps someone knows if this release of BitBay supports auctions?

Simple yes or no will do Smiley

Seems these will be added in time. Here's a screenshot of a reverse auction template that i got from the Bitbay thread

https://i.imgur.com/virQBTY.jpg
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:49:04 PM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

You should ask David directly because I doubt I'm able to answer you at the level of detail you would like.
But basically making the decision to not run the contracts on the blockchain. He uses bitmessage instead.

While I'm at it, auctions will also come in BitBay. If you go to our thread there is a screenshot of a reverse auction

I see...so hes using Bitmessage as a kind of side chain for contracts.  That's an interesting approach, I'll spend some time and check this project out in more detail.

Radix - DLT x.0

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:13:26 AM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

It's already vindicated if you care to pay attention. We're at the point where everything is a remake and we've seen it all before, including how the future plays out. Nxt, Bitshares, etc.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:15:41 AM

I see...so hes using Bitmessage as a kind of side chain for contracts.  That's an interesting approach, I'll spend some time and check this project out in more detail.

Interested to read your future analysis with citations.

Munti

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:12:01 AM

PoShit consensus again.

These are just P&Ds.

I see...so hes using Bitmessage as a kind of side chain for contracts.  That's an interesting approach, I'll spend some time and check this project out in more detail.

Join our slack if you like http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation
David is there almost every day, and he enjoys convos about the finer points in the tech. Would give him a chance to learn more about your project as well. I pointed him to it yesterday and he seems curious
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:58:54 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 12:11:38 PM by 3r197

What I like about Zimbeck's Halo tech is that it can be integrated with almost any coin. In fact, he plans on expanding it to other coins. Who knows... maybe one day Monero or Doge will have Halo tech built-in.

What makes BitBay different from the rest will be the rolling peg, 'user value protection' tech.
So not everything has been done already as this is no "Nubits" failed design; it's not even in the same 'ballpark'.

David's shooting for the end of the year to have it implemented. Merchants will finally have the stability needed to guarantee their marketplace profits and their clientele will finally have the assurance that they received their goods at the most fair price possible!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: