Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: user "mixan" trying to sell trust  (Read 2072 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:13:49 PM

mixan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=195206
This is the conversation we had few minutes back.

Does it call for negative trust by DT members on his profile?

Got 0.33 BTC in stock Smiley Smiley
How much for that 0.33btc?
I don't like to pay such a high amount of 14%+ preev you are asking for though.
PM me a reasonable price instead.

Thanks!
Whats reasonable for you & how much do you need?
Well I am asking -25% of current preev rate.

cause if the exchange goes smoothly then you get my trust feedback and that will automatically give you a green trust rating, and with all your current positive feedback that should give you a +3 which will in turn get you more people wanting to trade with you.

Let me know what you think if not then we can work something out that we both can agree upon.

Mixan

Are you on DT?
No, but as you can see on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58698
I gave him a trust rating an now he has +3 and he did not have any previous feedback compared to yours, also he is only a junior member.
If you get trust from high ranking members such as me, that will give you more trustable members giving you their business.
If that's the case then I can sell you $1 BTC for $0.75 PayPal paid as goods & services.
For remaining amount, I would need preev.com + 15% paid as goods & services which includes all the fee charged by PayPal. I have given you discount otherwise I sell at 14%+ PayPal's fee which is 4.4%+$0.3
$1 for 0.75 or you mean 0.33btc for $104?
Just give me the price for the full 0.33btc so we can close this exchange fast.
I meant $1 worth of BTC for $0.75 PayPal.
For 0.33 BTC, I would need $160 PayPal paid as goods & services
So the green trust from me means nothing to you then?
$138 of preev rate for 0.33  Roll Eyes
Nah, I would better get it by trading honestly rather than paying some "tom dick harry" to get this green trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:20:15 PM

I only gave an offer for an exchange. He had a choice to refuse it.
Is there anything in error to ask if they want to go forward with this exchange?
I don't, if the exchange went successfully for both parties then I would give him a positive feedback, thus he would have a green rating to forward his trading prospects here.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:31:18 PM

Just pointing out that mixan's trust raitings have no effect and will appear  as untruseted by default. The only reason he sees the Jr. Member with +3 trust is because in your trust list, you are on your own list unless you remove yourself. Mixan technically is using trust to get him a discount, which is similar to selling trust. He also lied and said your trust would become green and +3, which is not the case. I don't think your trust becomes green till it's over a certain number (5? Not 100% sure). Also, trust ages to 10 points over time, one for each month so you wouldn't receive 3 points instantly, even if he was on DT

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:40:33 PM

lol his trust ratings won't give you any green ratings either. Btw at this point of time Green Trust ratings means nothing unless you're personally trusted by reputed members.Every other dude who closes a deal as minimum as 0.02 has green trust ratings.I would show you a few users who have repeatedly given trust ratings for deals worth 0.02.I have traded over BTC3 in this forum and still don't have any.You would know it better.I dealt with escrow.ms over BTC1 .never asked for feedbacks.Its general,people who'd have to trust you,they will anyhow.It barely matters..

The dude is actually trying to sell you trust.
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:42:11 PM

Just pointing out that mixan's trust raitings have no effect and will appear  as untruseted by default. The only reason he sees the Jr. Member with +3 trust is because in your trust list, you are on your own list unless you remove yourself. Mixan technically is using trust to get him a discount, which is similar to selling trust. He also lied and said your trust would become green and +3, which is not the case. I don't think your trust becomes green till it's over a certain number (5? Not 100% sure). Also, trust ages to 10 points over time, one for each month so you wouldn't receive 3 points instantly, even if he was on DT
Ok I was mistaken as I see the ones that I gave trust too as green. This was my error, I accept this. But, I was unaware of this so it was not selling trust.
I just pointed this fact (which was not right, I know) that is what would happen, is that selling anything?

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:46:30 PM

and now this guy started abusing also.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:55:40 PM

and now threatening to Dox me.

mixan
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:02:52 PM

Hiding behind a screen is not a shield.

You could of just told me yes or no. Simply put.

I have no more conversations with a person such as you.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 12:46:21 AM

mixan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=195206
This is the conversation we had few minutes back.

Does it call for negative trust by DT members on his profile?

Fantastic. Selling fake trust. I'll ponder this for a moment. Don't want to rush with judgement but it sure looks shady as hell, unless someone can provide a solid reason why this isn't worthy a neg.
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 4419

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:19:40 AM

Ok I was mistaken as I see the ones that I gave trust too as green. This was my error, I accept this. But, I was unaware of this so it was not selling trust.
I just pointed this fact (which was not right, I know) that is what would happen, is that selling anything?

Whether you were mistaken about how trust works or not, you still tried to use your rating or the trust rating you would give as a reason to give you a discount. You also plainly stated to sardasa that your rating would get others to trust him and trade with him. Basically yes youre actions are shady as hell. You deserve a neg rating so you dont try to pull these stunts in the future.

Personally the trust system around here is shit IMO. 1 guy can ruin your account for you. Obviously if youre not doing shady shit you have little to no worries but ive seen some pretty piss poor ratings lately. Kind of a shoot 1st and ask questions later type system we got going on.

I dont even worry about the trust crap myself. I been around awhile now managing signature campaigns, buying btc, selling btc, and getting or giving loans. I have received quite a few good feedbacks as well but none from anyone who carries weight.(not asking for any either just stating facts) My point is if you go about your daily business and keep your nose clean you will get what you seek ppl. No need to care about being the top dog or any other crap.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
wakhidNkcom

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Nkcom Collection Shop

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:22:36 AM

I think trust system on forum is broke it no real in real life because any1 or me or you can put good or bad trust.
maybe it can be take down and then no confision. to easy to make look trusty person when real a scamer
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 4419

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:29:46 AM

I think trust system on forum is broke it no real in real life because any1 or me or you can put good or bad trust.
maybe it can be take down and then no confision. to easy to make look trusty person when real a scamer
I dont wanna derail this thread and get way off topic so this will be my last post on the subject.

I dont think we need to lose the trust system. If you dont trust someone its totally fine to put your rating on them. Or at least pop a neutral rating up, but DT members need to consider all the evidence before popping a rating on accounts. For the most part they all do a good job.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
wakhidNkcom

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Nkcom Collection Shop

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:38:19 AM

I dont wanna derail this thread and get way off topic so this will be my last post on the subject.

I dont think we need to lose the trust system. If you dont trust someone its totally fine to put your rating on them. Or at least pop a neutral rating up, but DT members need to consider all the evidence before popping a rating on accounts. For the most part they all do a good job.

I sory. not mean to change subject. yes for most part the people on dt do good job but some do scam. it is no safe for us to trust the trust
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 05:43:30 AM

I only gave an offer for an exchange. He had a choice to refuse it.
Is there anything in error to ask if they want to go forward with this exchange?
I don't, if the exchange went successfully for both parties then I would give him a positive feedback, thus he would have a green rating to forward his trading prospects here.

You have no idea how the trust system works, do you?

https://archive.is/9tVPq

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:14:22 AM

unless someone can provide a solid reason why this isn't worthy a neg.

1) because he did not lie that he is on DT.If he isn't lying for his benefits then he is not a scammer.

2)

cause if the exchange goes smoothly then you get my trust feedback and that will automatically give you a green trust rating, and with all your current positive feedback that should give you a +3 which will in turn get you more people wanting to trade with you.

Let me know what you think if not then we can work something out that we both can agree upon.

That above statement show that he is not completely selling trust or is a shady person.

3) The OP is an obvious Butt-Hurt cause if he was so honest or nice person to make this thread then his next reply would have been -- "Oh no dude,you are selling trust which i think is shady and i shouldn't deal with shady people"-- but instead he was interested to get a positive if he is on DT or not (by asking it openly) & i am certainly sure that the transaction haven't gone through which is why the OP made this thread.

4)User asking for trust and user giving trust is not the same.The first one has the intent to scam & in this case it is the OP but the latter one shows the carelessness or thinking to benefit oneself/selfishness but not shady or scammy.

You have no idea how the trust system works, do you?
Your rating is a complete LIE.He openly said that he is not on DT,of course he himself is confused but that doesn't changes the fact that your rating is false & nor it gives you the right to put it as you want & particularly when there is evidence against it.

yo
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:35:52 AM

That above statement show that he is not completely selling trust or is a shady person.

I think its funny how you complicate obvious things.Maybe there are a few more statements you should have skimmed through .

I gave him a trust rating an now he has +3 and he did not have any previous feedback compared to yours, also he is only a junior member.
If you get trust from high ranking members such as me, that will give you more trustable members giving you their business.

So the green trust from me means nothing to you then?

3) The OP is an obvious Butt-Hurt cause if he was so honest or nice person to make this thread then his next reply would have been -- "Oh no dude,you are selling trust which i think is shady and i shouldn't deal with shady people"-- but instead he was interested to get a positive if he is on DT or not (by asking it openly) & i am certainly sure that the transaction haven't gone through which is why the OP made this thread.

Lol ,other false assumption.Did you check Op's thread where he does his exchanges ? I think he has better offers in line to cry over not successfully trading BTC0.33.I don't see any reasons why this shouldn't be posted openly.

4)User asking for trust and user giving trust is not the same.The first one has the intent to scam & in this case it is the OP but the latter one shows the carelessness or thinking to benefit oneself/selfishness but not shady or scammy.

Nothing shady or scammy here,its against the forum rules to sell trust.You can clearly make out mixan wanting to sell trust by closing a deal for cheaper price.In fact,he emphasized on Trust as a source as why this deal should take place and not the actual deal.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 02:06:11 PM

Sadasa asked me in the pm if I was dt, I said straight out "No"
Please look again at those pm's.
I did not claim I was part of the dt network.

#1 dont PM me, write here.
#2 You asked for -25%, because it will give green trust. You failed to understand that it would only change from your perspective. However selling a bad deal with you will get more deals from others because you will have a green rating sounds very much like trust selling to me.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:11:04 PM

Sadasa asked me in the pm if I was dt, I said straight out "No"
Please look again at those pm's.
I did not claim I was part of the dt network.

#1 dont PM me, write here.
#2 You asked for -25%, because it will give green trust. You failed to understand that it would only change from your perspective. However selling a bad deal with you will get more deals from others because you will have a green rating sounds very much like trust selling to me.
OK, I admit I was in the wrong there. I am sorry for this. But the user could of just said "No thanks" but he continued with asking if I was on the dt trust system. Which I said no. I did not try and impersonate anyone, which is what your negative feedback entails.
No, I did not know how this was selling trust just that I was stating a fact which was obviously wrong. Thank you for showing me the error in my ways.
I will not do this again.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 02:40:26 PM

Here is what I see:

1) mixan genuinely believed that his/her trust can make someone green and was trying to sell it for ~$50

or

2) mixan was aware that his/her trust is meaningless and was trying to scam the OP for ~$50

I'm not sure how to interpret sardasa's question "Are you on DT?" but since it ended with a "I would better get it by trading honestly" then I'm not going to worry too much about that.

1) because he did not lie that he is on DT.If he isn't lying for his benefits then he is not a scammer.

mixan lied by promising to increase OP's trust rating and tried to get $50 for something he couldn't possibly deliver, even if you ignore the whole "trust sale" issue.
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:16:32 PM

Here is what I see:

1) mixan genuinely believed that his/her trust can make someone green and was trying to sell it for ~$50

or

2) mixan was aware that his/her trust is meaningless and was trying to scam the OP for ~$50

I'm not sure how to interpret sardasa's question "Are you on DT?" but since it ended with a "I would better get it by trading honestly" then I'm not going to worry too much about that.

mixan lied by promising to increase OP's trust rating and tried to get $50 for something he couldn't possibly deliver, even if you ignore the whole "trust sale" issue.
Now you say that I attempted to scam in the false feeback that you just left.
Wow just wow  Shocked
The system here is broken. Full of lies just to pump up your credibility with what ever agenda you have in mind.
This is just sad  Undecided

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: