Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John (John K.)'s escrow service (previously known as johnthedong)  (Read 54056 times)
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:36:46 PM

+1 to this great guy and his escrow service. Thanks. Smiley
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:42:07 AM

Whew, I'm absolutely bogged down with escrow requests. Please resend your PM if you see me not responding for the moment.
Also:

I do require a fee (of 1.5% depending on the complexity - long terms ones for 2.0%+) for more substantial trades now (50+BTC) to deal with the extended risk. An escrow that requires no fees for bigger deals is either someone who's really good(as he is effectively looking at negative ROI with the risk) or someone who will run if any problems arises. (getting hacked etc)
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Please resend your PM's if you find me not responding in 1-2 days. I'm getting an increased amount of PM's lately.  Lips sealed
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:19:40 AM

Hi, is the escrow service for the chips still available
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:23:27 AM

Hi, is the escrow service for the chips still available

Yes, of course. Please consult the thread for the amount to send and the address.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:20:27 AM

Hi, just wanted to put a good word in for John. Bogart sold me some videocards, and John was kind enough to escrow my funds while Bogart shipped to me. Was my first escrow, and everything worked flawlessly.

Good guy, I trust him. Thanks! A+

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:02:56 AM

Hi, just wanted to put a good word in for John. Bogart sold me some videocards, and John was kind enough to escrow my funds while Bogart shipped to me. Was my first escrow, and everything worked flawlessly.

Good guy, I trust him. Thanks! A+
Thanks again for everything. (and posting in this thread Grin )
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:02:45 AM

Done a public group buy for around 782.1~BTC - whew: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:34:10 AM

With the recent surge in Avalon/BFL/FPGA escrows and a recent auction I held (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189248.0) , I might be slow in responding to escrow requests. Please resend me a PM if I don't reply within 1-2 days.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:27:42 AM

Bought some video cards from SuperTramp, and John escrowed for us. I've used John's escrow service twice now, and everything always goes smoothly. Thank you, John!

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:33:27 AM

Bought some video cards from SuperTramp, and John escrowed for us. I've used John's escrow service twice now, and everything always goes smoothly. Thank you, John!

Thanks for the quick and painless transaction!

PS: I usually release funds faster than I issue new escrow tx's - so do not panic if I don't get back to you fast even if I'm online. (I get a mountain of PM's daily and it takes time to work through it)  Embarrassed
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:41:52 AM

Holy crap, foofight, Si Robertson and other sockies are scamming people using my escrow contract. Please verify that you have obtained the escrow contract (with address) directly from me AND that the signature IS VALID.  Angry
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:04:58 PM

PS: I believe I have replied to all required PM's apart from the lengthy ones - if I missed you please drop me another PM again.  Smiley
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:53:16 PM

I am quite busy today, and will come back later to check the PM's. Sorry for the delay.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:53:01 AM

I am quite busy today, and will come back later to check the PM's. Sorry for the delay.
*looks at full three pages of unanswered PM's and faints*
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:00:39 PM

Note that I am requiring a pre-paid 1% unrefundable fee paid to my signature address before I will issue escrow contracts for altcoin to BTC exchanges with amounts <50BTC . It's a PITA dealing with the mass of cancellations I get after taking the time to GPG sign and send out the contract. (6th cancellation in 2 days so far)  Angry
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:29:46 PM

Note that I am requiring a pre-paid 1% unrefundable fee paid to my signature address before I will issue escrow contracts for altcoin to BTC exchanges with amounts <50BTC . It's a PITA dealing with the mass of cancellations I get after taking the time to GPG sign and send out the contract. (6th cancellation in 2 days so far)  Angry

If it's a PITA, feel free to tell them that while you don't endorse me, and can't vouch for my trustworthiness or reliability, you are aware that I'm willing to hold escrow in these transactions.  If you want the transactions as a revenue stream, let me know and I'll delete this post.  I'm not trying to step in on any income/business you might be trying to build.  Just trying to help lighten the load of the PITA transactions for you.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:38:00 PM

If it's a PITA, feel free to tell them that while you don't endorse me, and can't vouch for my trustworthiness or reliability, you are aware that I'm willing to hold escrow in these transactions.  If you want the transactions as a revenue stream, let me know and I'll delete this post.  I'm not trying to step in on any income/business you might be trying to build.  Just trying to help lighten the load of the PITA transactions for you.

Nah, I'm just doing this as a public service of sorts for the small exchanges as I normally do not charge any fees for small tx's like this unless the period of holding the coins exceeds a week or so.  Smiley I'm trying to automate most of the procedures though as I always issue a GPG signed escrow contract which eats through my time. Hopefully the fixed fee will deal with the cancellations now. Thanks for the offer again - I will keep this in mind if I cannot handle the load.  Grin
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:47:02 PM

Nah, I'm just doing this as a public service of sorts for the small exchanges as I normally do not charge any fees for small tx's like this unless the period of holding the coins exceeds a week or so.  Smiley I'm trying to automate most of the procedures though as I always issue a GPG signed escrow contract which eats through my time. Hopefully the fixed fee will deal with the cancellations now. Thanks for the offer again - I will keep this in mind if I cannot handle the load.  Grin

No problem.  I've been offering the same service as you, also as a public service.  I also always issue a GPG signed escrow contract (very similar to yours  Wink ).  I've built out an automated process for creating, signing, and sending the escrow contract, so it doesn't eat too much time.  I haven't yet gotten the volume of requests that you have, so it hasn't really been a burden yet.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:46:26 AM

41 unread messages.  Shocked

I will be back after lunch to process all of this - about 3 hours later. IRL stuff got me bogged down, sorry again!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: