Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OT posts in Looking for people to store some of the forum's money  (Read 623 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:27:51 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 03:23:16 AM by John (johnthedong)

This post has been a bizarre post to me. I know I am the new kid, but it freaks me out to see you just taking the forums money and passing it out to your friends. I know you are highly respected but still a problem if you ask me(which I know no one is). The other things that seem to be major problems is talk of not requiring a 100% reserve requirement!? People saying that they would take a holding fee. wtf? I had recommended to the guy who gave out all of my information start a service verifying people who wanted the community to know who they are. I would recommend that anyone who holds community funds should go through a verification process. Name, Address, Line of Work, criminal record,online stores, business, maybe next of kin? basically release all of you information. I have done that to show I am who i say I am and if i f@#$ you over you know where to come to get your money.  Smiley    
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

This post has been a bizarre post to me. I know I am the new kid, but it freaks me out to see you just taking the forums money and passing it out to your friends. I know you are highly respected but still a problem if you ask me(which I know no one is). The other things that seem to be major problems is talk of not requiring a 100% reserve requirement!? People saying that they would take a holding fee. wtf? I had recommended to the guy who gave out all of my information start a service verifying people who wanted the community to know who they are. I would recommend that anyone who holds community funds should go through a verification process. Name, Address, Line of Work, criminal record,online stores, business, maybe next of kin? basically release all of you information. I have done that to show I am who i say I am and if i f@#$ you over you know where to come to get your money.  Smiley   

But no one wants to come get money, it cost more money to get the money back. And he isn't giving it to his friends if he is being completely transparent about it.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:35:49 PM

You are right no one wants to go get the money, but the threat that you can keeps most people honest. If 500 coins where stolen from me i would go after the guy who took them.  Smiley 
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:39:07 PM

I have done that to show I am who i say I am and if i f@#$ you over you know where to come to get your money.  Smiley    

No you didn't. You had it done to you involuntary on suspicion of being a scammer and you threw a hissy fit about it.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:46:30 PM

Wrong buddy I gave all of my information up, you just though I was a Liar you were wrong. Everything I said was and is true. I told the investigation guy that I would have paid him to tell the community that i was legit, just so i didnt have to go through all of the games you guys play.

Dude your throwing a fit right now since theymos didn't pick you, just own it and move on, there are better able people to handle funds for the forum.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:53:59 PM

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:54:23 PM

I dont want to be picked you would have to be stupid to want to hold that money, unless you are going to use it for something? Just making suggestions about how to store the money in a safe and transparent manor.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:56:38 PM

It is okay people seem to love or hate me I am used to it.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:17:22 PM

I think I might have a good suggestion on what to do with the forums funds. Why not set up a program where there is a communal pool of coins that members can borrow coins from with limits of course. Say you take the funds and do micro loans with a small interest rate available to all members of the community in good standing. Then have the limits raised for members with good credit. I say allow people to borrow the amount that they have contributed to the fund ,but let everyone in at a certain level. For example if you borrowed 10 and paid back 11 (or the equivalent in usd) then your limit would be raised to 11. The forums money can work for everyone. Before you trash my suggestion or say it is not possible ask yourself how it would be possible. Suggestions are welcome
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:33:25 PM

Does MPEx have a thousand active users each pulling hundreds of db queries and executing php commands on the site at the same time?

Actually, yes. What now, smartass?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:42:36 PM

I think I might have a good suggestion on what to do with the forums funds. Why not set up a program where there is a communal pool of coins that members can borrow coins from with limits of course. Say you take the funds and do micro loans with a small interest rate available to all members of the community in good standing. Then have the limits raised for members with good credit. I say allow people to borrow the amount that they have contributed to the fund ,but let everyone in at a certain level. For example if you borrowed 10 and paid back 11 (or the equivalent in usd) then your limit would be raised to 11. The forums money can work for everyone. Before you trash my suggestion or say it is not possible ask yourself how it would be possible. Suggestions are welcome

No one like this? You are all talking about how much fees you will take ( this is donated right?) This would be the most decentralized solution and the fund would grow not shrink. If you are worried about trust this is the best way to hedge against lost and theft. With no risk. If you only lend what has been paid in if someone walks they can only take what they put in.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:47:42 PM

Sublime please be quiet the adults are speaking.  Nobody supports loaning the forums assets to a bunch of microloan scammers. 

I swear scammers are so obvious to spot.  As soon as they even smell coins nearby their eyes light up with Bitcoin symbols as they think of all kinds of idiotic schemes to separate people from their coins. 
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:56:24 PM

Really, I am the one looking scammy. I dont want the coins, others have been drooling over the idea. I dont care. Why wouldnt he want to lend the coins out to the people who donated the coin in the first place. Why wouldnt he want to make money off the fund not lose it to you crooks. Trying to charge fees to hold the peoples donated money and i am the crook.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:26:00 AM

Give the money back to the donors at 1% they can sell the coins at 4% and make money it would give the forum liquidity and a easy source of fiat to spend on the site. Loans could be called back in at anytime if unexpected expenses arise. It would be completely decentralized and the members who donated could pledge the coins to be owned by the forum. The donaters could make money off the coins they hold for the forum and the forum could grow the pool of coins and cash. If the people who donated the coins get them back they are just holding coins that were theirs to begin with. If they pledge the coins to the forum and then wont return them as funds are needed then they could be blocked from the forum. This is a good idea just needs some refinement. I want to know what the big guy thinks? theymos what do you think?     
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:30:39 AM

Someone said free coins? i could use them.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:18:58 AM

I think that is why so many people perked up on this one. Someone is passing out coins holy shit. I really have zero interest in holding the forums coins and I would question the motives of anyone who would. I think letting the people hold their own contributions is the way to go even if you dont loan the coins out. I was just thinking of ways to put coins in peoples hand that was low risk and easy and would be good for everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: