Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 09:25:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to build a community to participate in new use case projects  (Read 2605 times)
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 07:55:22 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 12:06:07 PM by Drachmae

Join the Project

Looking to expand the horizons further of the project and offer out tasks.

Content writer
Graphics web designer
Community organiser
PR & Marketing

I am looking for Crypto people to get involved around the the crypto aspect as I want to focus more on new use cases along with the Telecoms and Travel business services.

www.drachmae.org

Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 08:42:29 AM

Could be an option? but would it be a currency from scratch or colored coin? what would the benefits be?

So it's more realistic to leave everything open debate and get views and feedback.

Why dont you start a new coin and do an ICO/IPO ?

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:46:13 AM

If you can put some real services with real hotels and real plane tickets with competitive prices then this can be interesting business idea.
However if you planning to build some sort of timeshare trading mlm stuff, then I'd consider it as a scam.
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 08:56:48 AM

Not sure where you get MLM or time share from..

It's straight forward to get the member discounts you need to be a member, hence the privileges and benefits.

Principles are based on the membership being trade able incase you no longer want the membership you can sell it on to somebody that wants it.

The benefits are as listed in description. (can be paid in Fiat or crypto) Hotel or flights etc

If you can put some real services with real hotels and real plane tickets with competitive prices then this can be interesting business idea.
However if you planning to build some sort of timeshare trading mlm stuff, then I'd consider it as a scam.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:06:39 AM

I did not understand what is your competitive advantage against traditional travel service ? Grin
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:09:01 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 09:32:40 AM by Drachmae

Discounts and Benefits alongside being able to pay in Digital currency.

I did not understand what is your competitive advantage against traditional travel service ? Grin

sandiman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:19:06 AM

Discounts and Benefits alongside being able to in Digital currency.

Is it not possible to apply the same discount without the use of the blockchain?
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:21:19 AM

It's straight forward to get the member discounts you need to be a member, hence the privileges and benefits.

Principles are based on the membership being trade able incase you no longer want the membership you can sell it on to somebody that wants it.

The benefits are as listed in description. (can be paid in Fiat or crypto) Hotel or flights etc

Sorry, in my previous experience travel clubs with tradeable membership quite often turned out to be such things. I do apologize if your site isn't one of those businesses.

So, is your site a crypto gateway to existing travel services (like travelsupermarket in fiat) or you have your own contracts with providers?
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:27:12 AM

Service already exists in the marketplace via different channels for fiat, Therefore the addition of accepting digital currency is added value, Also by doing VIP memberships that can be traded over the blockchain making it limited and transparent adds a benefit value.

Also by looking at doing rewards in the format of Tokens to members enables the slow process of on boarding and educating no crypto user into crypto.

Hence why the Topic is for research if there is a demand to such a service in the crypto world and is there anything that be done via such a service to expand the user base in the crypto world to non crypto users.

Example to be used is how much does Ethereum spend on Travel to all the events etc that it attends??? would it be beneficial for Ether to be accepted as Payment mechanism? would Ethereum Smart contracts be viable for the traded memberships???

Opposed to just launching something it's better to let the open market provide insight to it?

Is it not possible to apply the same discount without the use of the blockchain?

Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:31:14 AM

Agreements are on the table via several channel partners, but the market demand and value has to be there.

Channel partners key interest is tapping into the benefits of the crypto world and blockchain services within the industry.

Hence why the following questions:

Which currencies should be accepted as method of payment?
Which blockchain, smart contract or Token based should be used for the VIP Membership?

No offence taken Snail2, But this is why Blockchain based membership could be viable for transparency and limited supply.
Which to the member provides benefits within itself.

Sorry, in my previous experience travel clubs with tradeable membership quite often turned out to be such things. I do apologize if your site isn't one of those businesses.

So, is your site a crypto gateway to existing travel services (like travelsupermarket in fiat) or you have your own contracts with providers?

sandiman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:36:46 AM

Service already exists in the marketplace via different channels for fiat, Therefore the addition of accepting digital currency is added value, Also by doing VIP memberships that can be traded over the blockchain making it limited and transparent adds a benefit value.

Also by looking at doing rewards in the format of Tokens to members enables the slow process of on boarding and educating no crypto user into crypto.

Hence why the Topic is for research if there is a demand to such a service in the crypto world and is there anything that be done via such a service to expand the user base in the crypto world to non crypto users.

Example to be used is how much does Ethereum spend on Travel to all the events etc that it attends??? would it be beneficial for Ether to be accepted as Payment mechanism? would Ethereum Smart contracts be viable for the traded memberships???

Opposed to just launching something it's better to let the open market provide insight to it?

I totally agree with you, I was just being curious because of my lack of understanding about your project. From what I have understood until now, I do not get the benefits to trade VIP place through a blockchain because:
-as far as I know, it is not a limited supply, thus everyone wealthy enought can be VIP if he wants to.
-I really do not see most of the travel institutions limiting the possibility to be VIP to customers, since it means less income.
-For the few that could limit VIP supply (for differenciation matters), why would they decentralize it? It means less income again from being able to sell VIP membership again if a previous customer cancelled is subscription.

As for the example you gave concerning ETH, it may be possible that in a potential future where cryptocurrencies have been more accepted by the general public that it can be used for travel. But why would we need a specific cryptocurrency for travel and not simply use bitcoin as example ?

Thanks for the interesting debate Grin.
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:44:41 AM

Ethereum I was using as an Example as they Travel everywhere at every event going from Fintech to bitcoin to meetups so they spend a lot on travel as a Budget. ( It can be any currency and that's the objective to explore) Market feedback

There is 2 ways to look at it for the membership:
Standard membership where you dont renew it and lose all the benefits which already exists in the marketplace
OR
VIP blockchain based that is traded so if you do not wish to renew it you can trade it to somebody else therefore you have a form of financial gain.

You could look at it like GYM and Golf Club membership you have to wait for somebody to leave the club before you can enter the membership. But by using the blockchain your limiting the amount of memberships and being transparent therefore provides a value interest to members.

I totally agree with you, I was just being curious because of my lack of understanding about your project. From what I have understood until now, I do not get the benefits to trade VIP place through a blockchain because:
-as far as I know, it is not a limited supply, thus everyone wealthy enought can be VIP if he wants to.
-I really do not see most of the travel institutions limiting the possibility to be VIP to customers, since it means less income.
-For the few that could limit VIP supply (for differenciation matters), why would they decentralize it? It means less income again from being able to sell VIP membership again if a previous customer cancelled is subscription.

sandiman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:54:23 AM

Ethereum I was using as an Example as they Travel everywhere at every event going from Fintech to bitcoin to meetups so they spend a lot on travel as a Budget. ( It can be any currency and that's the objective to explore) Market feedback

Standard membership where you dont renew it and lose all the benefits which already exists in the marketplace
OR
VIP blockchain based that is traded so if you do not wish to renew it you can trade it to somebody else therefore you have a form of financial gain.

You could look at it like GYM and Golf Club membership you have to wait for somebody to leave the club before you can enter the membership. But by using the blockchain your limiting the amount of memberships and being transparent therefore provides a value interest to members.

Yes I understand that but while using the blockchain and enabling users to transact directly amongst them, the "club" will lose money as not being the seller of the membership anymore, so where does it benefits from this situation?
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:03:20 AM

Let's say the club is no longer the seller the new applicant would have to pay a small setup fee.

He has purchased the position of the membership from another user to gain access to the club only now if he wants to use the benefits he does his account setup.

This is how Gyms and Golf Clubs also work

But there are variable ways to do this which could be token based or smart contract based

therefore if smart contract based it can be done in multisig so the club attach a transfer fee between users.

Again this is why I created the topic to see what the market says and suggests to do something innovative in the Travel industry as the all the discounts and benefits are there to be taken but in what format would work for the marketplace.

Example there is many types of smartcontracts: Eris industries, Ethereum and more out there so my view is to open this up to the potential end users for there feedback

OR

Yes I understand that but while using the blockchain and enabling users to transact directly amongst them, the "club" will lose money as not being the seller of the membership anymore, so where does it benefits from this situation?

sandiman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:13:24 AM

If blockchain hits mainstream use, they these clubs will propably have to go with it. But in the meantine, It will be harder for you to sell the project, even if us, user benefits from it (only speaking about limited club membership, not other possibilities).

But it is a great idea, I do like it. Grin
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:17:40 AM

Memberships is only one item, user cases are in the multiples which can be explored and to on board mainstream users.

I have come across clubs that have 500,000 users

But what alternatives can be pushed out also as buffer services using Digital currency and blockchain??

According to stats and figures there's is approx 1.133 billion international tourist arrivals worldwide per year, alongside this approx four Trillion USD per day traded in the following categories:
$1.490 trillion in spot transactions
$475 billion in outright forwards
$1.765 trillion in foreign exchange swaps
$43 billion currency swaps
$207 billion in options and other products

If blockchain hits mainstream use, they these clubs will propably have to go with it. But in the meantine, It will be harder for you to sell the project, even if us, user benefits from it (only speaking about limited club membership, not other possibilities).

sandiman

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:58:35 AM

Memberships is only one item, user cases are in the multiples which can be explored and to on board mainstream users.

But what alternatives can be pushed out also as buffer services using Digital currency and blockchain??

According to stats and figures there's is approx 1.133 billion international tourist arrivals worldwide per year, alongside this approx four Trillion USD per day traded in the following categories:

There is definitevely a big market here. The point of my negative question about your project was to see if you could come with positive/constructive answer, as if you already asked yourselves these questions (which looks like so). The biggest difficulty you will have to face may be with the business and not the end customer, you will have to give incentives to the business to use the blockchain. If you manage to do so, the adoption of your project could be much more easier.
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 11:04:59 AM

As mentioned above it can Go for Fiat anytime, What my objective is to see what would add value to both sides Users and Crypto.

Can the crypto be used as incentive to non crypto users and can crypto user benefit from the services that are already available to the fiat market.

Also scouting ideas to further expand on the travel sector as it's really not touched by crypto.

There is definitevely a big market here. The point of my negative question about your project was to see if you could come with positive/constructive answer, as if you already asked yourselves these questions (which looks like so). The biggest difficulty you will have to face may be with the business and not the end customer, you will have to give incentives to the business to use the blockchain. If you manage to do so, the adoption of your project could be much more easier.

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:38:07 AM

Apart from BTC you might want to use only some more established altcoins from the top 10. Alternatively you can take a look at some already existing btc/altcoin payment gateways or ripple.

Which blockchain, smart contract or Token based should be used for the VIP Membership?

Maybe using ETH is a bit too early in its current state. E.g. Counterparty is more mature and established.
Drachmae (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 11:52:38 AM

Ideally the club should support various currencies as it supports USD, GBP and Euro so a few Digital currencies makes a bit of sense also BTC obviously as it has the trading volumes but also Ether has volume too so looking at half a dozen digital currencies makes more sense  but which ones is the what needs to be reviewed for various reason as its also about integration  and so on as well.

Apart from BTC you might want to use only some more established altcoins from the top 10. Alternatively you can take a look at some already existing btc/altcoin payment gateways or ripple.

Maybe using ETH is a bit too early in its current state. E.g. Counterparty is more mature and established.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: