Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:16:52 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 03:27:30 PM by Projects

Not too sure what is going on here - I did send the £500 - this is not the first trade I have done it is about the 3rd or 4th with him.
If I was going to scam why would I send an empty DVD case and just not send anything? It doesnt make sense.
I told him I did not have the tracking number which was true since the package got delivered due to family circumstances.
The post office was closed on Saturday and I posted it Monday.
Pretty dissapointed at how quick you put this thread up instead of trying to talk to me about it and I do not appreciate the abusive PMs either.
I have done thousands and thousands of pounds worth of trades - why would I ruin my rep for £500 and if I was going to do that why did I send you the other packages?
Something does not add up here.. awaiting your reply.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Projects

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:17:49 PM

Again very dissapointed about how quick this thread went up without trying to talk to me first.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:23:08 PM

Did you send the money inside a DVD case?

Projects

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

Did you send the money inside a DVD case?

Yes - like I always do.
Have done this 3 or 4 times previously for Matthew and never a problem and sent to other people this way too.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:29:53 PM

Yes - like I always do.

It is a possibility that this was the work of a greedy postman...

Projects

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:31:22 PM

Yes - like I always do.
Have done this 3 or 4 times previously for Matthew and never a problem and sent to other people this way too.

It is a possibility that this was the work of a greedy postman...

I have asked Matthrew if the post was tampered with at all but have not got a response.
I do not know what to believe here however I still cannot believe how quick he put up this thread without trying to work things out with me first.
He literally sent me 3 PMs about a hour ago - I was not around to respond so within 30 minutes up came this thread.
Not like this is the first time we have done a deal either.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

Never send money in the mail. The DVD case thing has not been safe for a long time. I've had several deliveries where DVDs or Games I ordered at other sites than Amazon were clearly tampered with en route. I guess mailmen like to watch movies too, though apparently not the ones I watch.
Projects

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 04:12:46 PM

Never send money in the mail. The DVD case thing has not been safe for a long time. I've had several deliveries where DVDs or Games I ordered at other sites than Amazon were clearly tampered with en route. I guess mailmen like to watch movies too, though apparently not the ones I watch.

I havent had a problem like this before this is the first time, if the mailman did expect a movie he got a big surprise I guess.
Still waiting for Matthews response in PM but this will be resolved - just incase anyone is wondering.
I am NOT a scammer.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:36:12 PM

I don't see how this can possibly be resolved, it's essentially one person's word against the other with a possibility that the money was stolen in transit.  This is why you never send cash in the mail. 

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

I would rather have seen a posting like:

Notice: I'm currently in dispute with the trader Projects in regard to a purchase of BTC via cash-in-the-mail. I received an empty package that should have contained £500. Until we've reached a satisfactory resolution to this matter, I personally advise caution when dealing with this person. I will update when resolution has been achieved.

Myself, I'm quite sure that Projects is not a "scammer"; I also have no doubt that matthewh3 received an empty package.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 10:15:16 PM

Special Delivery is guaranteed the next day before 1pm with insurance on that.  The fact he never gave me the tracking code like usual didn't concern me as we had traded before but with hind site I should have demanded it.  No tracking code has still been provided.  He said he is away from home so doesn't have access the the receipt with the tracking code.  Although why didn't he send the tracking code the day he paid for delivery (supposedly Monday) like he always does.  I should either get a full refund or he should be branded a scammer as at the end of the day I've paid him but he hasn't paid me.  I've been trading on the forum about eighteen months now and run the exGLBSE asset RSM.  Investors have had to put a lot of trust and faith in me for the last thirteen months.  Many asset managers ran for the hills with everyone's money on the closure of GLBSE and I did not.  Even tho I run a small asset and it would have probably gone unnoticed compared to some of the GLBSE closure robberies.

I trust Special Delivery and have used it many many times and not once was it not delivered the next before 1pm as guaranteed.

Projects

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 10:37:56 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 11:04:22 PM by Projects

Special Delivery is guaranteed the next day before 1pm with insurance on that.  The fact he never gave me the tracking code like usual didn't concern me as we had traded before but with hind site I should have demanded it.  No tracking code has still been provided.  He said he is away from home so doesn't have access the the receipt with the tracking code.  Although why didn't he send the tracking code the day he paid for delivery (supposedly Monday) like he always does.  I should either get a full refund or he should be branded a scammer as at the end of the day I've paid him but he hasn't paid me.  I've been trading on the forum about eighteen months now and run the exGLBSE asset RSM.  Investors have had to put a lot of trust and faith in me for the last thirteen months.  Many asset managers ran for the hills with everyone's money on the closure of GLBSE and I did not.  Even tho I run a small asset and it would have probably gone unnoticed compared to some of the GLBSE closure robberies.

I trust Special Delivery and have used it many many times and not once was it not delivered the next before 1pm as guaranteed.

Apart from the time I paid for Saturday guarantee and it was not delivered until the Monday ?  (I have proof on this also)
I have the tracking number at home and can provide that when I am back but I am not sure how that helps with anything. That just confirms the package has been delivered not what was in it.
After a LOT of consideration on this matter I have decided I will make this right for you even though you have provided me with no proof whatsoever and I am taking your word for this. I do however feel it is unfair for me to refund the 41.04 coins as you are asking since BTC has gone up in price since I paid for these coins last week and for me to purchase the coins to refund it would end up costing me £570. £500 loss is enough.
I propose the following:

1) £500 sent via western union so I have pick up confirmation. (I will pay the WU fee)
2) £500 deposited into any UK bank account so I have a receipt of deposit

I will not be sending cash in the mail again

I am not in anyway accusing you of anything here, however like another user said it is my word against yours . I know I sent the cash, I do not know if he did or did not receive the cash, however my reputation is untarnished and I wish it to remain this way. You say the package was well packaged and taped up, but I never taped up the package at all! I am just a little dissapointed with your attitude towards all of this considering I have reponded to every PM you sent me usually within 2 hours yet you put up this thread instead of trying to work it out in private. I never once said I would not resolve this so your whole attitude towards this is wrong, imho.

Let me know which you decide please.

mistfpga

Activity: 86
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 12:06:33 AM

Wait a sec,

Special delivery is insured upto 500 quid.  and covers cash sent in the post....

What if your item gets lost or damaged?

Vouchers, cash and jewellery are all covered for compensation with Special Delivery.

Use Special DeliveryTM by 9am and get up to £50 compensation for loss or damage. If your item is more valuable, you can get extra cover up to £2,500 for a small additional fee.

Use Special DeliveryTM Next Day and get up to £500 compensation cover for loss or damage. If your item is more valuable, you can get extra cover up to £2,500 for a small additional fee.

You’ll receive compensation if your item gets lost or damaged and when Royal Mail is at fault. You’ll need to provide your Certificate of posting and proof of value of the item sent, so make sure you pick this up when you post your item.

check it yourself...

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/special-delivery

Hope this helps. Smiley

(I have had many successful deals with projects and would recommend him.)

EDIT: Just checked with a mate, if you did not declare the value all is not lost, you can use a bank statement and argue your case. he had to do this for a wedding ring that got lost, and they paid out.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 12:52:43 PM

Projects has stated he will pay the missing funds into a bank account today.  I will update when he does.

mistfpga

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 02:17:49 PM

Projects has stated he will pay the missing funds into a bank account today.  I will update when he does.

Fair enough, but seeing as you started a scammer accusation, will you help him retrieve his/your cash via insurance?

This will settle the debate for all.  If he doesnt claim, he was in the wrong, if you dont help him you were the scammer.

Although I think that neither of you are in the wrong - so this should end with everyone happy.

EDIT: removed personal opinion/slight personal attack. (im not having a great day, sorry)
mistfpga

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 03:43:42 PM

If the post office pay out it'll be a miracle IMO.

Ex-Ebay powerseller here, I've yet to have any insurance ever paid out by the post office for lost/damaged in transit items (there was hundreds of them). Maybe things are different in the UK though.

For special delivery items in the uk, it is normal for the post office to pay out, and this has been my experience the two times I have claimed and the one time my friend claimed. (my claims were for perishable goods that were not delivered on time, his was for a lost ring)

However there were quite a few scams running against the postal insurance (like mobile phone insurance) so now to claim you normally need a crime number (you have to report it to the police), it is the same for mobile phones.  But with a crime number, a receipt and possibly proof of a transaction, he should have no problem claiming.  they take a while to pay out, but for 500 notes, I would. (this would also need matthewh3 to talk to the police, confirm it was empty, that he was expecting money, he sold something, etc.)

needless to say if you get caught making a false claim against the post office, you are screwed. really really screwed.  Same if you are caught stealing the post.  The police _will_ chase it up... postal crime is really serious in the uk.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

Problem solved  Grin

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:57:18 AM

Problem solved  Grin
So how is it going with claiming via insurance?

Or did you pocket the 1000 quids?
Billythekidcr

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:00:42 PM

pretty surprised to see this thread up....i've done 3 transactions with Projects and all have gone through with no problem & with great communication...hope everything gets resolved and it was just a misunderstanding
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: