Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sobre ASICs e mineração de bitcoins  (Read 2028 times)
rudrigorc2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:30:57 PM

http://www.btcmu.info/articles/128-miner-speculation-avalon-s-look-to-the-future.html

Written by WKNiGHT

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for spelling mistakes or grammar errors.

A few days have passed since the announcement of the second batch order from Avalon went live. However, speculation is thrown throughout the forums on where peoples first batch orders are. I wanted to address this as learning a bit about Yifu and how he feels about Bitcoin might answer some questions.

Again this is about what I have read and how I interpret Yifu's actions to the Bitcoin project.

Yifu was always focused driven in making a FPGA miner in which was low power with high results. The low power was critical to many people as power rates are very expensive in different countries. Bitcoin needs a distributed network. If people can only afford to mine in the United States then it makes it very difficult to be a distributed network around the world.

Next came Butterfly labs announcement of ASIC. Yifu was never interested in ASIC until ButterflyLabs announced it. He felt that allowing on company to monopolize the network with the ASIC release can put to much control on one company. Yifu and his team decided to work on the ASIC project we see today.

At first he was going to be last out of the gate with his product however his team had real shipping numbers with real results. This is why he was first to market with the ASIC chip. Focusing on his product and not focusing on what the next guy is doing or how many pre-orders they had.

First to market, where is my batch #1 order many people are asking for status updates. Jeff, a Bitcoin developer was first to receive his machine. Sent DHL or video and testing. Yifu did this not only to prove his units where real but to support a Bitcoin developer that has given much to the project. Next, Yifu himself flew to New York with a Avalon in tow to personally give the Bitcoin Foundation there unit. This was him showing the Bitcoin foundation he is true to project and is here to secure the network.

Right there.. I said it.. secure the network. Guys and Gals.. This isn't about MONEY. This is about securing a Bitcoin Network. Everyone should be paid for there part in helping keep the network secure. Your GPU, your FPGA, your ASIC all adds to securing this Bitcoin Network and the project itself. We are at the cutting edge of technology. Securing the network is in critical stages. This is why Avalon has posted disclaimers all over their website. Knowing that anyone with hundreds of ASIC's can take over the Bitcoin network. Why would anyone do this? Who knows? Fame? Power?

So where is my batch #1 order your still asking. Its simple. It hasn't shipped yet. All Avalon had to do was prove that they shipped an Avalon. However, shipped does not mean yours shipped just yet. Reading between the lines I personally feel that Avalon is either building up large batch of 100 or 150 each and then shipping them out. Or maybe waiting until the full batch is done. Why? Its simple. Protect the Bitcoin network. Allow for everyone that had faith in Avalons batch 1 process to receive their units about the same time everyone else is. Again this isnt about the money but keeping things fair and distributing it across a Bitcoin Network. This is why the website states shipping time is between Jan 20th and March 1st. A pretty large window to get all units build and shipped out at once.

In short, people have lost sight about the Bitcoin project I have chatted with many people that believe its all about Bitcoin Mining to make money. Im here to tell you it isn't. Bitcoin Mining is here to create a distributed network world wide. Yes you can and will get paid to support the network. But this is NOT a get rich scheme. Buying and selling products and services are what creates a vital marketplace.  This is why Avalon only accepts Bitcoin for purchases. And also why he has worked with other Bitcoin Merchants to help grow their business just the same.

I for one have taken a step back and I hope others will too. Look at how your distribute your gear to the Network. Support Bitcoin commerce websites as much as possible. Help build the project and stop looking at Bitcoin Mining as a get rich quick scheme.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 10:24:23 AM

Pra quem não está com o inglês em dia, não se preocupa que eu não tenho nenhum plano pro carnaval e traduzo o texto xP

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
andrehorta
Legendary

Activity: 1261

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 10:42:31 AM

Pra quem não está com o inglês em dia, não se preocupa que eu não tenho nenhum plano pro carnaval e traduzo o texto xP

hehehehhe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: