Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100.0 BTC ? How?  (Read 1107 times)
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:59:45 AM

Say, for example, I wanted to loan 100.0 BTC. I think I can pay back the principal of 100.0 BTC with a 2.5% interest of 2.5 BTC in 2 weeks. If I don't make it from mining, I can probably earn that from trading at localbitcoins.com because I do small exchanges in local currency. (nick is Dabs, location is Philippines). I make sure I have a profitable spread.

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Dabs/

Loan: 100.0
Pay: 102.5
Time: 2 weeks

My traditional business does about the equivalent of 200 to 300 BTC in revenues, but I want to keep fiat business and bitcoin business separate.

Send me a PM if you are interested so we can also work out the terms, or if you are willing to extend it to 1 month for 3% or 4%.

Expires: March 31, 2013 (end of this month).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:13:07 AM

Say, for example, I wanted to loan 100.0 BTC. I think I can pay back the principal of 100.0 BTC with a 2.5% interest of 2.5 BTC in 2 weeks. If I don't make it from mining, I can probably earn that from trading at localbitcoins.com because I do small exchanges in local currency. (nick is Dabs, location is Philippines). I make sure I have a profitable spread.

My traditional business does about the equivalent of 200 to 300 BTC in revenues, but I want to keep fiat business and bitcoin business separate.

Send me a PM if you are interested so we can also work out the terms, or if you are willing to extend it to 1 month for 3% or 4%.

Lot of money and risk for so small reward. You may want to check your wording. You want a loan or to give a loan?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:13:52 AM

Please don't.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:15:01 AM

Please don't.

+1
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:08:05 AM

Lot of money and risk for so small reward. You may want to check your wording. You want a loan or to give a loan?

Sorry about that. I wanted to borrow. Or I want a loan. As in, lend to me 100 and hope I can turn it into at least 102.5

I do business with fabric suppliers and they extend to me loans based on purchases (or they give me terms of 60 to 120 days for rolls of fabric) which I turn into finished products then send them to department stores. The stores then take an average of 3 to 9 months to sell most of the finished products, then I get paid the month after that for those products that got sold.

I am used to paying 1% interest on fiat based loans (PHP or Philippine Pesos), per month, and sometimes it takes maybe from 2 to 4 months just paying the interest, before paying the principal, or some other arrangement or combination of interest and principal, so I thought 2% to 4% was high even for BTC.

I don't borrow from banks because their effective interest rates are much higher, however I do have a couple of vehicles in my name on a 36 month auto-loan from a bank.

Worst case scenario for me is I don't make enough to pay back, but just return the 100.0 BTC principal untouched (you can always check the block chain) and I buy 2.5 BTC from someone else or from an exchange.

If no one has that amount, I guess I will just have to buy it from a direct seller (of bitcoins) or from one of the exchanges. Or I can probably settle with a lower loan amount and see what I can do with that.

I have bank statements or certifications in my name, driver's license, passport, military ID, firearm license and permit to carry the same, BIR tax forms (BIR = Bureau of Internal Revenue, something like the IRS) and audited financial statements of assets and liabilities for my business (signed by a CPA or Certified Public Accountant) and SSS ID (similar to Social Security, but the Philippine equivalent.) I also have recently expired court clearance, prosecutor's clearance, NBI clearance (National Bureau of Investigation), local police clearance (Philippine National Police), Mayor's clearance (for city), and Barangay clearance (like a county or village signed by the head of the government unit.) I also have an exemption certificate from the COMELEC (Comission on Elections) that allows me to carry my personal firearm with me, despite the ban on carrying firearms due to the election period. We are electing half of our Senators by May 2013, and a bunch of Congressmen and other local government officials, and the Comelec has declared firearms not allowed outside the homes, to avoid violence (stupid I know, but that's the Philippines for you.)

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 03:19:03 PM

If no one has that amount, I guess I will just have to buy it from a direct seller (of bitcoins) or from one of the exchanges.

That is probably the best idea.  It's always better to risk your own money than someone else's.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:42:46 AM

dont trust the fillys

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:25:32 AM

@mlawrence. Thanks. That's probably what I will do.
@ironcross360. Why not? Fillys in general? Or only the ones that don't offer an entire list of government credentials?

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:30:14 AM

Please do small amounts first...

@mlawrence. Thanks. That's probably what I will do.
@ironcross360. Why not? Fillys in general? Or only the ones that don't offer an entire list of government credentials?

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Dabs (OP)
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 05:53:08 AM

Okay. Will probably do that. Ironically, I was actually thinking of borrowing a bigger amount, to jump start (pour in more capital) my traditional business (which can be verified by actually coming to my little factory, or visiting the actual department stores where my stuff are sold), but unless someone has that amount of bitcoins its a deal that isn't going serious.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:26:04 AM

Okay. Will probably do that. Ironically, I was actually thinking of borrowing a bigger amount, to jump start (pour in more capital) my traditional business (which can be verified by actually coming to my little factory, or visiting the actual department stores where my stuff are sold), but unless someone has that amount of bitcoins its a deal that isn't going serious.
Actually, it's not about the amount - many users here have much more capital to invest in startups. It's just that the risk is far too high for them to invest in without any tangible collateral or reputation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: