Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:17:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWireless.com - 280 carriers in 112 countries, Bitcoin with no fees!  (Read 4573 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

Thanks for testing this for us.
I also think that you should mention to everyone that we fully refunded all your orders.
Additionally, I personally responded to you every single time extremely fast.
Thanks again for testing, we are working on the Chilean issue.
Charlie

I don't know exactly what you're talking about.

You took my bitcoins.  You didn't give me any phone credit.  You disregarded my email and you ignored the problem description I submitted on the form on your website.

The statement "we fully refunded all your orders" is nothing but a lie.  You didn't refund my bitcoins.

Geez, it's clearly not a scam, the same guys already move 10s or 100s of thousands of coins per month, it's just new and they are working out the kinks I'm sure.

I don't really know what you're talking about either.

Are you saying that a person who takes bitcoins, doesn't provide the agreed-upon service, and then simply ignores efforts to communicate about the issue isn't a scam?

FreeMoney, all I can say is that we have differing opinions about what a "scam" is.

I do not consider that sufficient.

Would you say that if you pay for a hotdog and the gentleman serving it has a heart attack dies and drops the last one on the ground? Is he is a scammer? More is required than not delivering in order for a scam to happen. It requires intent. There is no bad intent here, they are trying to offer a new international service, there are going to be some problems for a while.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 09:15:18 PM

I also think that you should mention to everyone that we fully refunded all your orders.
Charlie

You took my bitcoins.  You didn't give me any phone credit.  You disregarded my email and you ignored the problem description I submitted on the form on your website.

The statement "we fully refunded all your orders" is nothing but a lie.  You didn't refund my bitcoins.

Geez, it's clearly not a scam, the same guys already move 10s or 100s of thousands of coins per month, it's just new and they are working out the kinks I'm sure.

Are you saying that a person who takes bitcoins, doesn't provide the agreed-upon service, and then simply ignores efforts to communicate about the issue isn't a scam?

FreeMoney, all I can say is that we have differing opinions about what a "scam" is.

Would you say that if you pay for a hotdog and the gentleman serving it has a heart attack dies and drops the last one on the ground? Is he is a scammer? More is required than not delivering in order for a scam to happen. It requires intent. There is no bad intent here, they are trying to offer a new international service, there are going to be some problems for a while.

I wouldn't call it scam yet but I wouldn't call it O K neither when they don't resolve issues. I'm willing to share all information they need. I invest time. A lot of time testing their service from Chile. I charge a friend's phone, not mine and when I tell them it failed and had an incredible fee, they claim it did not fail and ignore my and other's questions about fees. Sorry I asked for one year when this is going life and they said they are still negotiating with some companies and I asked, why not start with some first as this is what you do to get the service tested. Take a small group and see if it scales (support also has to scale) and then add one country after the other. They said it would be better to start global. Hey, great, so they delayed things by almost a year to not launch global and not have things ready neither. Either you are a big guy and launch global and provide the support all at once or you are a startup and launch in increments. Sorry but this pretending to be the big guy made this a failed launch in my eyes.

Edit: I just tried the reddit gold thingy and the calculated fee was *minus* 1%.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 09:54:49 PM

Charlie

You took my bitcoins.  You didn't give me any phone credit.  You disregarded my email and you ignored the problem description I submitted on the form on your website.

The statement "we fully refunded all your orders" is nothing but a lie.  You didn't refund my bitcoins.

I wouldn't call it scam yet but I wouldn't call it O K neither when they don't resolve issues. I'm willing to share all information they need. I invest time. A lot of time testing their service from Chile. I charge a friend's phone, not mine and when I tell them it failed and had an incredible fee, they claim it did not fail and ignore my and other's questions about fees. Sorry I asked for one year when this is going life and they said they are still negotiating with some companies and I asked, why not start with some first as this is what you do to get the service tested. Take a small group and see if it scales (support also has to scale) and then add one country after the other. They said it would be better to start global. Hey, great, so they delayed things by almost a year to not launch global and not have things ready neither. Either you are a big guy and launch global and provide the support all at once or you are a startup and launch in increments. Sorry but this pretending to be the big guy made this a failed launch in my eyes.

Edit: I just tried the reddit gold thingy and the calculated fee was *minus* 1%.

Hey man,

Look, I understand you are frustrated, but relax for a second.

You have all my contact information, if there is an outstanding issue email me directly

We did a soft launch, we found issues that everyone helped us. Some of your transfers went thru, others didnt.

Were dealing with your Chilean provider and figuring out why some credits went thru and others didnt.

If you are still owed BTC, just send me a PM

We are moving forward with the hard launch once these issues are fixed

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
greenlander

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:10:23 AM

I wouldn't call it scam yet but I wouldn't call it O K neither when they don't resolve issues.

Bitcoin requires trust since transactions cannot be reversed and escrow services generally aren't used.

The only recourse against seller fraud is reputation.

This guy, Yankee/Charlie, stole money from me and did not acknowledge my issue.  From this thread it's pretty obvious that he's stealing bitcoins from others.  He's dishonest, so further appealing to him is just a waste of keystrokes.

The only thing one can do is to call him out in public for it so that he can't scam others.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 08:58:15 AM

Interested in your product. I can't tell from the site but will you cover Denmark?  Right now getting coins here is like pulling teeth.

And do you have a newletter or something to know when the hard roll out happens?
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 11:44:20 AM

I wouldn't call it scam yet but I wouldn't call it O K neither when they don't resolve issues.

Bitcoin requires trust since transactions cannot be reversed and escrow services generally aren't used.

The only recourse against seller fraud is reputation.

This guy, Yankee/Charlie, stole money from me and did not acknowledge my issue.  From this thread it's pretty obvious that he's stealing bitcoins from others.  He's dishonest, so further appealing to him is just a waste of keystrokes.

The only thing one can do is to call him out in public for it so that he can't scam others.

I agree with you on one part:
In a Bitcoin economy where the buyer doesn't have to strip naked and proof he's trustworthy, the seller has to strip naked to get the trust needed to conduct business. That is much more efficient as you don't need a rating of all customers but only of the much fewer businesses. I like that. People vet the business and tell their results.

I don't agree that Charlie stole your money. I mean I don't like that he treated me and apparently you like a troll that's damaging his business rather than taking the issue serious within hours. That is not professional and yes, we both consider public communication of a services issue important of the vetting process which in turn Charlie seams to find unprofessional. He never was pro-active trying to settle my issues but in my case it was settled. He repaid me the full amount I had sent towards his business.

I see bitcoinwireless as a powerful tool to introduce friends to bitcoin and therefore it has a tremendous value that will not immediately nullified by some payment issues. I'm keeping an eye on this and as soon as it runs smooth, I will tell every Chilean with a prepaid phone about it but there's a long way to go unfortunately. The whole process would have to take no more than 5 minutes reliably and not charge some surprise fees.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
ghostshirt

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 03:50:11 PM

Do you have plans for adding other operators for countries? Specifically the other two besides Vodafone in Turkey. 

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:18:52 PM

Do you have plans for adding other operators for countries? Specifically the other two besides Vodafone in Turkey. 

Of course!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

forexmasterja

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 02:58:24 AM

Ok I placed an order on Feb 9 trying to puchase minutes for a cellphone in Jamaica. And the transaction was never completed despite my attempts to contact customer support.

Transaction ID for the bitcoins i sent - 902d32bdf107401b222850f0dd2c64088bc5c0f9b7cad080d46686274fd27934

Please send my coins back as no minutes have been sent.

--** First Jamaican Bitcoin User **--
1JamaicaYQvsBkvm5JcurQBA9Kz969nsqe
Revolutionary Money Making Cloud Miner - https://cex.io/r/0/forexmasterja/0/
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 06:18:51 PM

Ok I placed an order on Feb 9 trying to puchase minutes for a cellphone in Jamaica. And the transaction was never completed despite my attempts to contact customer support.

Transaction ID for the bitcoins i sent - 902d32bdf107401b222850f0dd2c64088bc5c0f9b7cad080d46686274fd27934

Please send my coins back as no minutes have been sent.

Ok, checking it out now.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: