Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE]Can this be considered a Safest Cold Storage?[UPDATE]  (Read 1741 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:47:31 PM

OP if you don't want to deal with paper wallets then buy the cheapest laptop possible or buy some Intel compute stick for $150 and do your offline cold storage thing again.

By the way you seem to be genuinely concerned about the security of your coins but you want to cheap out on a $30 solution as RussianRainbow has suggested the Ledger hardware wallet. And you like to counter suggestions with more questions. What gives?  Grin
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:53:57 PM

I think it is not safe way, when you are transfering data through USB, you can get either malware or virus from/through USB. Better buy Trezor device, it is most safest BTC hardware.  Wink

but if the old computer still remaining off line how priv key could be stolen?

I think an old pc is either a risk for the possibility to lock or freeze a part of personal computer... and then ? what you do!?  Grin

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:23:41 AM

Do you have a printer, or have a friend who's possessing one ? A good old paper wallet is still the best solution if stored properly. Even if I don't use some because I don't need it, that's the way I would go for.
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:58:47 PM

So i installed Electrum on my very old offline PC which will Never be connected to the internet.I saved the seed and got bunch of address and private keys.I exported master public keys and imported these public keys on my Laptop that is connected to internet.Now it's watch only addresses on my laptop which is connected to the internet.
I can create a transaction on my online laptop and save it and transfer it to my old offline PC and then sign it and transfer it back to broadcast on my online Laptop.Now is this the safest cold storage? and will my private key leak after transfering signed transaction back to online Laptop?
And Electrum generated 10 address with private keys on offline PC which is Not connected to internet.What are the chances that any 1 of the address can again by generated by some other Wallet?
And one last question,Just in case my old PC goes out of bussiness and Does not start on some day then how can i recover my moondollars and even that possible to recover in such case?can i take backup?

I will appreciate some experienced bitcoin geak to please come and answer these. Tongue

UPDATE:
My old offline PC gave up in just 1 day and doesn't start now but somehow i recovered the wallet using the seed and sended the moondollars to other address.I still can't figure out how to store my moondollars safely now.
I can't trust online wallets.I can't afford hardware wallets because they are too expensive.What are my options now?
Please suggest me guys how can i safely store my 7+ btc .I only have 1 laptop and an android phone.

not a good idea,and nah i said like that because old computer is too weak for ruin any new program and application like bitcoin wallet,its include electrum,if i were you,i will store that 7+ BTC to several place,many wallet and with full security,and you should make sure you never forget about password,and dont open it until you really need that bitcoin. just my suggestion.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: