Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:04:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: board seat (equivalent of 5000 shares) for sale  (Read 15455 times)
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:01:51 AM

this might be the largest OTC trade with escrow ever. Glad to see it!

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
asnonmous

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:11:33 AM

Thanks, kind of intimidating.  I doubt it is the largest in bitcoin numbers, but perhaps it is the largest in cash value given the recent rise?  I hope I made a good choice! Tongue

Really comes down to butterfly labs shipping and avalon's shipping rates. Tongue
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:31:07 AM

Thanks, kind of intimidating.  I doubt it is the largest in bitcoin numbers, but perhaps it is the largest in cash value given the recent rise?  I hope I made a good choice! Tongue

Really comes down to butterfly labs shipping and avalon's shipping rates. Tongue

I remember that last time nanotube held escrow for Vandroiy and Pirate's bet for 10,000BTC, so there's larger OTC trades AFAIK. I've transacted more in Bitcoin numbers back in the good old days, but this is the largest transaction in fiat for me so far too. I have the addresses backed up with a lawyer and a couple of safes, like my personal holdings are.

This whole ASICMiner escrow business is getting expensive for me - I'm seriously considering to charge a fixed fee to cover the risks and time spent for future larger and longer transactions now  Tongue
asnonmous

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:33:02 AM

I remember that last time nanotube held escrow for Vandroiy and Pirate's bet for 10,000BTC, so there's larger OTC trades AFAIK. I've transacted more in Bitcoin numbers back in the good old days, but this is the largest transaction in fiat for me so far too. I have the addresses backed up with a lawyer and a couple of safes, like my personal holdings are.

This whole ASICMiner escrow business is getting expensive for me - I'm seriously considering to charge a fixed fee to cover the risks and time spent for future larger and longer transactions now  Tongue

I will be certain to tip nicely for your time and risk- What address would you like the tip to go to?  Thank you so much for doing this.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:38:02 AM

My signature address would do nicely, and thanks!
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:49:23 AM

I will be certain to tip nicely for your time and risk- What address would you like the tip to go to?  Thank you so much for doing this.

I stated that I will pay escrow fees, and that's what I am going to do. Of course you are free to add something on top of that Wink

Since John and Graet work on tip basis, I find it hard to estimate what a fair amount would be. I came up with something that I would escrow for:
  • 0.5% of the escrowed sum to cover risks
  • plus 0.5BTC fixed per transaction to cover time spent

Not sure how reasonable this is (my only own escrow I did so far was for free), but as soon as the deal is done, I'll pay 12BTC to John and 5BTC to Graet. Feel free to add whatever you think is fair on top of it.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:54:08 AM

I remember that last time nanotube held escrow for Vandroiy and Pirate's bet for 10,000BTC, so there's larger OTC trades AFAIK.
[...]

What an irony: the largest escrow in Bitcoin history is connected to the largest fraud in its history  Sad

Time to change that: there are currently houses on offer in this subforum that scratch that magic 10k barrier.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:43:17 AM

Status Update

The payment window is closed now. All but Vezunchik did paid their funds to their escrow addresses, I sent friedcat a transfer request as follows:
Code:
*) 5'000 to address 12mwAvJywtQF5rJXHzdBQd4yq8EVD7NZqX
*)   100 to address 1AXKZp4KU4tA4yPoFtHQPHoUi2DmWgHdEd
*)   200 to address 1ZKrazKLvfxNCYqk4BbboxiPonB9U3Pwh
*)   100 to address 1Bgu2w4vBTXDDkpWkjAeomVnRRYASnCaJV

He will either confirm the transfers here or I'll post his PGP signed confirmation when I have it available.

Vezunchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:55:06 AM

Also note that I've contacted with you to warn about that I will not pay. (I've not just disappeared at last moment...)
Status Update

The payment window is closed now. All but Vezunchik did paid their funds to their escrow addresses, I sent friedcat a transfer request as follows:
Code:
*) 5'000 to address 12mwAvJywtQF5rJXHzdBQd4yq8EVD7NZqX

He will either confirm the transfers here or I'll post his PGP signed confirmation when I have it available.
friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:08:05 PM

The transferring has been processed. To make the database more complete, the owners of following addresses could PM me with your e-mail address.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:32:39 PM

The transferring has been processed. To make the database more complete, the owners of following addresses could PM me with your e-mail address.

Great! Zefir and asnonmous, would you consider this transaction to be done?

Zefir, please provide to me the address where I should release the funds when the transaction is complete.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:15:26 PM

Also note that I've contacted with you to warn about that I will not pay. (I've not just disappeared at last moment...)

I confirm this, I have been contacted via PM and informed that the payment can't be processed in time.

The reason I did not mention this is to not escalate the issue and quickly forget about it. Thing is, no matter whether you notified me or not: the bids you posted are binding, it is irrelevant why you did not finalize your part of the deal.

I don't really mind, since I am not loosing anything by keeping those shares. But since you are active on other auctions, do yourself a favor and bid only for what you can afford to pay. You get banned from eBay doing this once and you might get your account on this forum tagged if you end up with someone who is not equally lenient.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:23:27 PM

Zefir, please provide to me the address where I should release the funds when the transaction is complete.

My address for this deal is in the contract: 16CV4ktaWSp9TjEt2Wf4MMDhYbYi4TKXGc

As for friedcat's confirmation: I included asnonmous' email address in my transfer request, since he becomes a board member and is added to the related mailing list. That's why friedcat is asking only the other three buyers to provide an email address, nevertheless all 4 transactions are confirmed.

I'm also fine to wait for all buyers to get their personal confirmation before the funds are released.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:24:32 PM

Thing is, no matter whether you notified me or not: the bids you posted are binding, it is irrelevant why you did not finalize your part of the deal.

I don't really mind, since I am not loosing anything by keeping those shares. But since you are active on other auctions, do yourself a favor and bid only for what you can afford to pay. You get banned from eBay doing this once and you might get your account on this forum tagged if you end up with someone who is not equally lenient.

+1
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:25:09 PM

As for friedcat's confirmation: I included asnonmous' email address in my transfer request, since he becomes a board member and is added to the related mailing list. That's why friedcat is asking only the other three buyers to provide an email address, nevertheless all 4 transactions are confirmed.

I'm also fine to wait for all buyers to get their personal confirmation before the funds are released.
Address duly noted. I'll release within 24 hours (have to go to the safe for that) upon confirmation by asnonmous.
Vezunchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:58:10 PM

I think this means that you really mind after all. I mean "get banned from eBay", "get your account on this forum tagged" and so on. If you so worry about it you may look at this or tell me what you really need to have no bad feelings (not just for polite post with hidden sense).

I confirm this, I have been contacted via PM and informed that the payment can't be processed in time.

The reason I did not mention this is to not escalate the issue and quickly forget about it. Thing is, no matter whether you notified me or not: the bids you posted are binding, it is irrelevant why you did not finalize your part of the deal.

zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:48:10 PM

I think this means that you really mind after all. I mean "get banned from eBay", "get your account on this forum tagged" and so on. If you so worry about it you may look at this or tell me what you really need to have no bad feelings (not just for polite post with hidden sense).
Hey, let's leave it at this, no need to get personal.

I pointed you to the ToS of eBay as a reference for the rules in this sub-forum to show you where you were wrong. It was meant as a friendly hint to you and free coaching on your personal journey towards becoming a reputable community member. Your choice whether you take it as what it was meant to be, or start interpreting something into that is not there.

All the best.

asnonmous

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:00:00 PM

Address duly noted. I'll release within 24 hours (have to go to the safe for that) upon confirmation by asnonmous.

Friedcat has confirmed the transfer to me in PM.  Signed message:

Code:
Friedcat has confirmed the transfer to me in PM.  I am clearing John to release the funds(2200 btc) to Zefir, and will send John a tip by end of day(In addition to Zefir's mentioned escrow tip).

Signature(Bitcoin-qt 0.7.2):
Code:
HzNWY+tRbfLMRB9lPhkrU3Kfvc2riK/SzBrvD7Z93xwGYx3P3iTCsYBoTW0MiwTTDQ3iNCkz6Ud+OmO8a4xJwgM=

Also, Vezunchik, it is pretty blatantly unprofessional and untrustworthy to not follow through on a bid, and then demand the seller compete in a reverse-auction on a different thread.  That just isn't how these transactions are supposed to be done, and indicates a lack of trustworthiness.  I'm sure Zefir won't mind too much, as he only wanted to sell 5,000 shares to begin with, and the auction ended up with him selling more.  And Asicminer seems to be doing well.  But you have wasted his time, Graet's time, and other's time in this thread.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:16:03 PM

Friedcat has confirmed the transfer to me in PM.  Signed message:

Code:
Friedcat has confirmed the transfer to me in PM.  I am clearing John to release the funds(2200 btc) to Zefir, and will send John a tip by end of day(In addition to Zefir's mentioned escrow tip).

Signature(Bitcoin-qt 0.7.2):
Code:
HzNWY+tRbfLMRB9lPhkrU3Kfvc2riK/SzBrvD7Z93xwGYx3P3iTCsYBoTW0MiwTTDQ3iNCkz6Ud+OmO8a4xJwgM=

Also, Vezunchik, it is pretty blatantly unprofessional and untrustworthy to not follow through on a bid, and then demand the seller compete in a reverse-auction on a different thread.  That just isn't how these transactions are supposed to be done, and indicates a lack of trustworthiness.  I'm sure Zefir won't mind too much, as he only wanted to sell 5,000 shares to begin with, and the auction ended up with him selling more.  And Asicminer seems to be doing well.  But you have wasted his time, Graet's time, and other's time in this thread.

Escrow released to the address above: http://blockchain.info/tx/e3d274b27ce63dd527c1bab2d447b72793b16a59c02884e82e3ce6d2af06c405

Thanks for the smooth deal and the tips! (and I can finally return the laptop to the safe for the day)  Grin
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 04:45:33 AM

Escrow released to zefir

Date: 26/02/2013 12:43
To: zefir asciminer payment 16CV4ktaWSp9TjEt2Wf4MMDhYbYi4TKXGc
Debit: -180.00 BTC
Net amount: -180.00 BTC
Transaction ID: adf49af16b05eacb558bd53512779749a0608e2495d793e13718885a722f3af2

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/56507403/adf49af16b05eacb558bd53512779749a0608e2495d793e13718885a722f3af2

Best wishes
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: