Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't call it a cryptocurrency: it's much more than that.  (Read 847 times)
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:59:17 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 08:42:00 PM by ProfessionalGoogler

https://www.inverse.com/article/13436-meet-Athereum-the-world-computer-that-may-power-the-future

Meet E thereum, the "World Computer" That May Power the Future

E thereum launched a public crowdsale. In 42 days, E thereum collected almost 32,000 uᴉoɔʇᴉq — equivalent to about $18.5 million USD.

This week in New York City, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation is hosting the 2016 Blockchain Symposium. There, attendees will hear from top dogs at IBM, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Nasdaq, and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

IBM and Samsung have already teamed up to put E thereum into practice. Together, they made a washing machine that can reorder detergent when the supply is low, call a repairman when it malfunctions, and even do laundry when the electricity is cheapest. R3, a financial consortium, is also running several experiments with E thereum.

Uber collects a significant percentage of every transaction, for instance — and often to the detriment of the driver. With E thereum, these collections could be eliminated via smart contracts,” or “decentralized apps.” These so-called DApps are already impressive in number. We’ll keep up with these decentralized apps as they get more and more exciting in the days and months to come.

Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:59:36 AM

Athereum

^EDIT: see wtf?
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:00:33 AM

it's only SHITCOIN
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:13:51 AM

it's only SHITCOIN

Yeah! End the FUD!
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 03:18:27 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 03:32:35 AM by benthach

nonsense crap coin.
the team have no clear path and everyone are just guessing, checkout the path1, path2 and strategy1 and strategy2 roadmap
http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-previews-ethereums-path-forward-at-coinbase-hq/

not proven, unadoptable, pure hype and spams. for round 10,000btc this crap worth from $1billion to $0
now this fcker scammer want it to turn into anonymous coin. this crap is just way too annoying.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:19:28 AM

nonsense crap coin.
the team have no clear path and everyone are just guessing, checkout the path1, path2 and strategy1 and strategy2
http://www.coindesk.com/vitalik-buterin-previews-ethereums-path-forward-at-coinbase-hq/

not proven, unadoptable, pure hype and spams. for round 10,000btc this crap worth from $1billion to $0
now this fcker scammer want it to turn into anonymous coin. this crap is just way to annoying.

Not even close END THE FUD please!  Wink
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 03:25:15 AM

nonsense crap coin.
the team have no clear path and everyone are just guessing, checkout the path1, path2 and strategy1 and strategy2

now this fcker scammer want it to turn into anonymous coin. this crap is just way to annoying.

Not even close END THE FUD please!  Wink

not FUD just the true facts. this crap is worthless and useless, pure spams and bagholders hype

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:36:07 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 03:46:46 AM by TPTB_need_war

Has any noticed this forum has a virus and is rendering Éthereum as Athereum?

The slide show opens appropriately with an image of risk takers who are foolish enough to waste their finite time here on earth and risk walking on the side of a cliff ostensibly for an adrenalin fix and to claim it as some useless accomplishment (see the person down below without a handrail holding onto to a shrub):

Vitalik didn't I presume tell the attendees that we already explained in the Athereum Paradox thread why most of the Dapps he listed won't work properly. Smooth and I butchered the AlarmClock for example.

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:00:03 AM

Has any noticed this forum has a virus and is rendering Éthereum as Athereum?

The slide show opens appropriately with an image of risk takers who are foolish enough to waste their finite time here on earth and risk walking on the side of a cliff ostensibly for an adrenalin fix and to claim it as some useless accomplishment (see the person down below without a handrail holding onto to a shrub):

Vitalik didn't I presume tell the attendees that we already explained in the Athereum Paradox thread why most of the Dapps he listed won't work properly. Smooth and I butchered the AlarmClock for example.

APRIL FOOLS SUCKAH!
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:00:16 AM

Is it an april fools or do we really have to misspell Ethereum as Athereum?

Surely it should be Ether that is called a cryptocurrency, the whole system is more than that, much like the blockchain of Bitcoin is more than a cryptocurrency.

Looking forward to seeing what my post looks like, if words are edited or not!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:19:38 AM

Your a liar.. for one thing IBM had i HEARD tried using ETH
then later decided to drop it and build their own version..
And at no point did ETH coins have any direct connection with coins traded on exchanges.
So that news was and is essentially worthless and pointless.

So here we go yet again with a relentless shameless lying ETH shill.
Who is so god damn dumb he didn't even get the fucking April fools day joke LOL

And why would i address the rest of your spammy hyped up bullshit when you lost your credibility?

Try having some Integrity and maybe go make a new account about it.. hurry you have ETH to spam about!

FUD first & ask questions later™
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:21:57 AM

And at no point did ETH coins have any direct connection with coins traded on exchanges.

And why would i address the rest of your spammy hyped up bullshit when you lost your credibility?

Try having some Integrity and maybe go make a new account about it.. hurry you have ETH to spam about!

Learn to read.  Roll Eyes
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:29:19 AM

Learn to read.  Roll Eyes

Learn to not name drop.. you know saying "blah blah blah ETH Samsung blah blah ETH + IBM"
is all that is needed.. it's scammy behavior.
How do i know this?
I read 25 straight pages of it on Polonibox the other day then got exhausted from all the lies.

By the way your still dumb for not getting the joke (whether i can personally read or not)
And your alt account is now exposed too LOL

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:45:11 AM

Learn to not name drop.. you know saying "blah blah blah ETH Samsung blah blah ETH + IBM"
How do i know this?
I read 25 straight pages of it on Polonibox the other day then got exhausted from all the lies.

By the way your still dumb for not getting the joke (whether i can personally read or not)

Oh so now you are trolling at this point. Nice one, why even post at all?  Roll Eyes
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:12:13 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 10:26:00 AM by Spoetnik

How do i know this?

Oh so now you are trolling at this point. Nice one, why even post at all?  Roll Eyes

Big Quote + one snotty sentence retort = check.. want me to show you the 100+ comments about ETH + IBM? and how you are contributing to the OBVIOUS lie?

EDIT:
I meant comments just on Poloniex chat logs Polonibox alone (never mind here)
When i looked the other day i actually had no idea just how much of it has been going on.
I encourage all of you to go to Polonibox and search the word IBM or Microsoft.. seriously it's hardcore !!

VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:18:29 AM

Gotta agree with Spoetnik on this one.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:23:05 AM

https://www.inverse.com/article/13436-meet-Athereum-the-world-computer-that-may-power-the-future

E thereum launched a public crowdsale. In 42 days, E thereum collected almost 32,000 uᴉoɔʇᴉq — equivalent to about $18.5 million USD.

This week in New York City, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation is hosting the 2016 Blockchain Symposium. There, attendees will hear from top dogs at IBM, Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Nasdaq, and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

IBM and Samsung have already teamed up to put E thereum into practice. Together, they made a washing machine that can reorder detergent when the supply is low, call a repairman when it malfunctions, and even do laundry when the electricity is cheapest. R3, a financial consortium, is also running several experiments with E thereum.

Uber collects a significant percentage of every transaction, for instance — and often to the detriment of the driver. With E thereum, these collections could be eliminated via smart contracts,” or “decentralized apps.” These so-called DApps are already impressive in number. We’ll keep up with these decentralized apps as they get more and more exciting in the days and months to come.

Wink

E thereum has been blocked from this forum, try to post e thereum without the space............

Let's try this again..
I read your topic title and first thing i thought was WHY in gods name did he need another one of these posted?
Hasn't this been posted to death already?

And on the topic at hand.. its not a currency anyway so uhhh.
"more than" ?
How about it's not a currency but SOMETHING else.

You are SPINNING thing like crazy and it's dishonest.
ETH's own supporters have said for ages it's not a currency and it clearly is NOT!

Your clever scammy angle is to use the word "more" as in "more than"
As in implying or inferring it -IS- a "currency" and much more..
Saying in other words it's BITCOIN plus so much more needed advancements in features.
(implying it has the ability to take over for Bitcoin when it simply can NOT!)

Half the people here would not agree with that sentiment.
I don't have too much more to say other than that unless you want to wrap me up in more games & crying Troll.
But i would like to see what other people say about this topic.

You should probably brace yourself for a backlash though,
because i have a feeling even ETH supporters are getting sick of seeing these topic(s) re-posted so much.

And yeah it was cute how 2 accounts here both did not "get the joke" and both have a similar posting style.  Cheesy

All i see is you twisting things around with semantics & verbal gymnastics
then when your called out on it your crying Troll.. classic LOL

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:17:13 PM

Wink

E thereum has been blocked from this forum, try to post e thereum without the space............

Let's try this again..
I read your topic title and first thing i thought was WHY in gods name did he need another one of these posted?
Hasn't this been posted to death already?

And on the topic at hand.. its not a currency anyway so uhhh.
"more than" ?
How about it's not a currency but SOMETHING else.

You are SPINNING thing like crazy and it's dishonest.
ETH's own supporters have said for ages it's not a currency and it clearly is NOT!

Your clever scammy angle is to use the word "more" as in "more than"
As in implying or inferring it -IS- a "currency" and much more..
Saying in other words it's BITCOIN plus so much more needed advancements in features.
(implying it has the ability to take over for uᴉoɔʇᴉq when it simply can NOT!)

Half the people here would not agree with that sentiment.
I don't have too much more to say other than that unless you want to wrap me up in more games & crying Troll.
But i would like to see what other people say about this topic.

You should probably brace yourself for a backlash though,
because i have a feeling even ETH supporters are getting sick of seeing these topic(s) re-posted so much.

And yeah it was cute how 2 accounts here both did not "get the joke" and both have a similar posting style.  Cheesy

All i see is you twisting things around with semantics & verbal gymnastics
then when your called out on it your crying Troll.. classic LOL

Damn you really fail at facts and reading! Super troll?

END THE FUD. Wink

--

Athereum’s creators themselves don’t refer to it as a “cryptocurrency.” Athereum is a shared computing platform, and its base unit is ether, the “cryptofuel” that powers the network: “a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.”

But these tokens — ether — are still both exchangeable and valuable, so are, in a sense, a currency. You can own ether, you can spend ether. (“Ether” is both singular and plural.) Ether can be “mined,” like bitcoin, using a network of powerful computers. 1 ETH, at time of writing, is worth around $12 USD. You can watch the “etherchain” update live, here, to get a better conceptual sense of how it works and how often “miners” strike “ether.”
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:25:08 AM

Athereum’s creators themselves don’t refer to it as a “cryptocurrency.” Athereum is a shared computing platform, and its base unit is ether, the “cryptofuel” that powers the network: “a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.”

But these tokens — ether — are still both exchangeable and valuable, so are, in a sense, a currency. You can own ether, you can spend ether. (“Ether” is both singular and plural.) Ether can be “mined,” like bitcoin, using a network of powerful computers. 1 ETH, at time of writing, is worth around $12 USD. You can watch the “etherchain” update live, here, to get a better conceptual sense of how it works and how often “miners” strike “ether.”

"I swear I didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky, but that does not preclude janitorial cleaning duties of all objects under my desk."

"I smoked MaryJane once or twice, but didn't inhale."

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:11:44 AM

"I swear I didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky, but that does not preclude janitorial cleaning duties of all objects under my desk."

"I smoked MaryJane once or twice, but didn't inhale."

Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: