Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitkapital - we keep finance sexy  (Read 5271 times)
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:28:56 AM

30% return goal... guys you can make millions if that's true. Why are you here talking to small fish?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JollyTrades (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:23:41 AM

30% return goal... guys you can make millions if that's true. Why are you here talking to small fish?

Because we don't have enough capital.
GTTIGER

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:58:12 PM

Because we don't have enough capital.
Do you use some type of algo or are the trades entered manually?
Your whitepaper focuses a lot on generalities, if you can provide some solid investment strategies I may invest.
I see you use MT4. What makes you different than other algo traders?

JollyTrades (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:14:10 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 09:51:00 PM by JollyTrades

Your whitepaper focuses a lot on generalities, if you can provide some solid investment strategies I may invest.

@GITTIGER,

First of all, I would like to make it clear that we are not raising funds at the moment for the investment fund. We have two different services; one is the exchange, the other being the fund. The fund will be launched privately, without crowdfunding. And after the launch, we will make an IPO announcement. So stay tuned for that! On the other hand, we are raising fund for the company to act as a Turkish lira gateway to the Waves platform. The ICO announcement is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1471855

That being said, I don't use MT4, and the image on the mainpage of our website is just a dummy placeholder. I use the software of my broker, which is Xtb. But also, this is not the broker we will use to manage the fund. We are considering Interactive Brokers or Exante as the prime brokerage company we will work with.

As for my strategy, it is a combination of relative value arbitrage and equity long/short. I have developed a system to measure risk. Depending on both fundamental and technical factors, together with a background of a global macro perspective, I evaluate the risk of a certain portfolio, rather than predicting prices. And the asset allocation is handled by a modified version of the post-modern portfolio theory. Thus, I don't say that "this stock will go up"; I rather say that "including this stock to my portfolio will increase the risk this much with that much potential ROI." After deciding on my middle-term (6 months to 4 years) plan in this way, I begin making short-term (less than 6 months, may even be a few day long) goals, and execute trades on a systematic basis to build up or evolve the portfolio. I don't utilize quantitative trading methods, but I can make use of statistical projections regarding the macroeconomic data. Occasionally, I also check the qualitative features of companies, like the management team's qualifications and vision.

You can reach out my track record here: https://bitkapital.com/track.html

In that track record I also utilized a masking technique to prevent a possible reverse engineering of my trade execution process. All in all, I have made 95% ROI in 5 months, which is way above my ordinary target, which is 30% per annum.

As for the investment fund, I will use the above strategy on NASDAQ large-cap stocks (leveraged multistrategy long/short) with the 60% of the AUM. 20% of the AUM will be spared to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, which will be managed by our co-portfolio manager, who is an experienced pharmacoeconomic analysis expert. The remaining 20% will be spared for free investment, such as private equities, currency markets and real estate. For now, we are thinking of investing with this 20% portion in blockchain startups.

Best,

Jian
GTTIGER

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:36:44 AM

@GITTIGER,

First of all, I would like to make it clear that we are not raising funds at the moment for the investment fund. We have two different services; one is the exchange, the other being the fund. The fund will be launched privately, without crowdfunding. And after the launch, we will make an IPO announcement. So stay tuned for that! On the other hand, we are raising fund for the company to act as a Turkish lira gateway to the Waves platform. The ICO announcement is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1471855

That being said, I don't use MT4, and the image on the mainpage of our website is just a dummy placeholder. I use the software of my broker, which is Xtb. But also, this is not the broker we will use to manage the fund. We are considering Interactive Brokers or Exante as the prime brokerage company we will work with.

As for my strategy, it is a combination of relative value arbitrage and equity long/short. I have developed a system to measure risk. Depending on both fundamental and technical aspects, together with a background of a global macro perspective, I evaluate the risk of a certain portfolio, rather than predicting prices. And the asset allocation is handled by a modified version of the post-modern portfolio theory. Thus, I don't say that "this stock will go up"; I would rather say that "including this stock to my portfolio will increase the risk this much with that much potential ROI." After deciding on my middle-term (6 months to 4 years) plan in this way, I begin making short-term (less than 6 months, may even be a few day long) goals, and execute trades on a systematic basis to build up or evolve the portfolio. I don't utilize quantitative trading methods, but I can make use of statistical projections regarding the macroeconomic data. Occasionally, I also check the qualitative features of companies, like the management team's qualifications and vision.

You can reach out my track record here: https://bitkapital.com/track.html

In that track record I also utilized a masking strategy to prevent a possible reverse engineering of my trade execution process. All in all, I have made 95% ROI in 5 months, which is way above my ordinary target, which is 30% per annum.

As for the investment fund, I will use the above strategy on NASDAQ large-cap stocks (leveraged long/short) with the 60% of the AUM. 20% of the AUM will be spared to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, which will be managed by our co-portfolio manager, who is an experienced pharmacoeconomic analysis expert. The remaining 20% will be spared for free investment, such as private equities, currency markets and real estate. For now, we are thinking of investing with this 20% portion in blockchain startups.

Best,

Jian
Awesome stuff! This is what I like to see. I will be watching closely.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: