Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:53:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: database on one machine - wallet on another  (Read 603 times)
merlinsilk (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:43:15 PM

I am out of my bitcoins for a day or so because Core is reindexing.
I try to find a better solution than having Core run on my daily windows machine that does need a reboot once in a while and sometimes several in a row (including forced power off).
My idea is if I could run the full node on a linux server that is on 24/7 in the basement, but have my windows machine with the wallet on that daily windows machine accessing the database on the linux server.
Is that a possibility and if so, how would I configure that?
Thanks - Merlin
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:50:18 PM

If you find a wallet to use a json-rpc connection.

Or, let bitcoind run on your Linux server and start armory also on your server but in an x forwarding session... Armory can use the blockchain bitcoind created.

I'm not sure if this will work tough... But you can try it out

merlinsilk (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:53:14 PM

I can imagine there is documentation about that - if so, I would appreciate a hint where I could find that  :-)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6577

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 07:53:21 PM

I am out of my moondollars for a day or so because Core is reindexing.
I try to find a better solution than having Core run on my daily windows machine that does need a reboot once in a while and sometimes several in a row (including forced power off).
My idea is if I could run the full node on a linux server that is on 24/7 in the basement, but have my windows machine with the wallet on that daily windows machine accessing the database on the linux server.
Is that a possibility and if so, how would I configure that?
Thanks - Merlin

Unfortunately this is not possible.

One solution may be to use two wallets, Bitcoin Core on the server and an SPV client on the windows machine. The SPV client can usually be set to only connect to your server as its peer so you still get the safety of the blockchain.

Or you can use a wallet that utilizes Bitcoin Core's rpc server.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: