Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCJam] Need a loan to cover a recent ER visit.  (Read 1514 times)
Smoovious (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:02:02 AM

Greetingz, everyone...

Ok, so this is the first time I've asked for a loan from the community. (well, technically, the 2nd time, since I cancelled my first listing, and re-listed it with a lower amount)

You can find my BTCJam listing here: http://btcjam.com/listings/724

In a nutshell, I had to be treated in the ER a monthish ago for a dislocated jaw. (my hinge-bones are broken and I have TMJ, which affects how well my jaw stays aligned, which I can usually manage with Motrin, but occasionally, on average every couple/few years, it requires more treatment)

Anyways, just bad timing this time, I need to defer getting this paid off until next year.

It isn't necessary, just the difference between having mom's house paid off for xmas, or for her birthday in February... I'm shooting for xmas, and until my ER visit, I was on target to make it by xmas.

My identity is verified through BTCJam.

My listing is for 117.165 BTC, and is, at the time of this posting, already ~48% funded.
My listing expires in 7 days (2012-12-11)

I have set the terms to be a 365 day loan with payments every 10th of the month, at 3.14159% (yeah, yeah, I know, but it seemed like a nice round number)

I don't expect it to take 365 days to pay it back, I just prefer to be conservative, just in case, and make my payments early, than to be too optimistic, and end up paying late.

If I can get the loan over 70% funded by the expire date, then it will go active, and if not, all pledged funds will be returned to the lenders automatically.

By my math, if I can get at least 85% funded, then I can make my self-imposed deadline. If I end up not being able to make it, I will immediately make all of the scheduled repayments the loan amount will cover, and then pay the last payments (for the interest) after the new year.

I fully realize that the BTC exchange rate is likely to continue to rise more, due to the halving, instead of dropping like previous years, due to xmas cashing out. I'm fine with this.

If this loan doesn't go through, I won't be re-listing it again on BTCJam, as by the time a 3rd attempt would fund, my window of opportunity would be gone.

If any of you are interested in helping to fund my loan, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

-- Smoov
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SynOps

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:35:15 AM

Are you on bitcoinotc?

Will you supply phone number to our company if we invest in your loan request?

Thanks and good luck.

SynOps

Smoovious (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:32:01 AM

Are you on bitcoinotc?

Will you supply phone number to our company if we invest in your loan request?

Thanks and good luck.

SynOps
I idle in there a lot... am registered with gribble using my BTC address signature, but have never been rated...

I didn't register until a few weeks ago tho. I didn't see the need to until lately Sad

And before I agree about sharing my phone #, I'd like to know what company it is you are referring to to begin with? Smiley

Got any links to info?

-- Smoov
Smoovious (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:02:55 AM

SynOps...

ok, I located you on BTCJam and saw the couple of listings you have up too...

I also see that you are just as verified with them as I am, and you also have good ratings.

Grab me on IRC.

-- Smoov
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 05:57:49 PM

SynOps...

I also see that you are just as verified with them as I am, and you also have good ratings.

Grab me on IRC.

-- Smoov

Don't trust SynOps too much.  He is running a ponzi scheme and will eventually run with all the coins he can.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129569.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SynOps

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 07:03:00 PM

SynOps...

Grab me on IRC.

-- Smoov

Talked with you today, good person ! Hope we can help you out!

SynOps

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 07:06:43 PM

SynOps...

Grab me on IRC.

-- Smoov

Don't trust SynOps too much.  He is running a ponzi scheme and will eventually run with all the coins he can.

Please do not spread lies. There is absolutely no Ponzi Scheme of anykind.

I buy and sell bitcoins, and mine bitcoins...I have plenty of coins, we offer others to invest in our exchange service. Ziggap does this too on BTCJam...and he is not a Ponzi Scheme artist.

Also, how would I run away from paying, when IM LOANING HIM BITCOINS, only HE CAN RUN AWAY, not me.

AND I am sure the OP would like it for this thread to be about his loan and not some speculation about a user you have never done business with.

Smoovious (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 11:56:32 PM

Please do not spread lies. There is absolutely no Ponzi Scheme of anykind.

I buy and sell bitcoins, and mine bitcoins...I have plenty of coins, we offer others to invest in our exchange service. Ziggap does this too on BTCJam...and he is not a Ponzi Scheme artist.

Also, how would I run away from paying, when IM LOANING HIM BITCOINS, only HE CAN RUN AWAY, not me.

AND I am sure the OP would like it for this thread to be about his loan and not some speculation about a user you have never done business with.
True...

We already got hundreds of other threads covering scam/ponzi accusations already, don't need more Tongue

-- Smoov
SynOps

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 06:06:56 AM

Smoov you have been a great communicator and have covered everything we have asked for. I have much appreciation for you. You will most likely see your loan filled soon!!!

Smoovious (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:36:00 AM

Smoov you have been a great communicator and have covered everything we have asked for. I have much appreciation for you. You will most likely see your loan filled soon!!!
Thanks a lot, man, I'm happy to work with you on it. Smiley

And, I think yer doing a good job vetting people you are looking at to lend to. You've been nothing but reasonable about the info you wanted, and I was happy to send it along.

-- Smoov
Smoovious (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 10:30:46 AM

Just to add... in the end, after getting my verification information, SynOps did not respond to any further attempts by me to contact him, nor did he hold up his end of the commitment to my loan.

Had he responded to my messages, and just said they changed their mind and chose not to invest after all, then there would be no problem, but not even responding to my messages at all, has me more concerned.

So, anyone trying to provide verification documents with the name "Kenn Booth", or "Kenneth Booth", or other variants of it, consider it bad verification, as it did not come from me.

-- Smoov
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: