Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:33:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Wealth Redistribution Contract Experiment - 0% FEES -  (Read 1937 times)
Matthias195

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:12:28 PM

It's already at 20 deposits.
Maybe now is a nice time to start marketing this one more publicly, other than solely this Bitcointalk topic.

Certainly given the fact we now have a GUI which makes that much easier Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ContractsJust4Fun (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:50:18 AM

It's already at 20 deposits.
Maybe now is a nice time to start marketing this one more publicly, other than solely this Bitcointalk topic.

Certainly given the fact we now have a GUI which makes that much easier Smiley

give it an upvote if you can.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4dfppm/eth_wealth_distribution_experiment_0_fee_supports/
Matthias195

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

It seems that it has been removed there  Undecided
askolein

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:46:06 PM

Already failing?
Matthias195

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:12:50 PM

No, we are just talking about the reddit submission.
But Reddit isn't a good place to advertise anyway.
Matthias195

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:30:42 PM

When are we going to reach 30 participants?  Smiley
ContractsJust4Fun (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:23:43 PM

Part of the problem is that it's all the same people participating in these games.

One thing that can help bring more new people in is to have whatever changes are necessary to make myetherwallet.com work for sending to contracts.

Once this is easier to do it will be possible for the masses to come and play these games.

The only people that can play right now are those willing to figure out how to setup geth and download the full blockchain. need to lower the barrier of entry.

Shapeshift being back online will help too.
Tdecha

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 09:34:31 PM

Part of the problem is that it's all the same people participating in these games.

One thing that can help bring more new people in is to have whatever changes are necessary to make myetherwallet.com work for sending to contracts.

Once this is easier to do it will be possible for the masses to come and play these games.

This is real good point. Honestly, I have no clue why there is a technical limitation with online wallet... Do you have more insights ?
DustBluster

Activity: 76

Play Shiny Squirrels - Multiply Your Ether

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:21:43 PM

MyEtherWallet.com has an "Advanced / Offline Transaction" tab which allows specifying a higher gas limit when making payment transactions to contracts, which is sufficient for most of the basic investment game contracts.  The page is confusing the first time through, but once you understand the steps it's pretty straight forward.  It would work for participating in the majority of gamified contracts being played on this forum.

Mist/Geth still seems to be the best interface for interacting with contract functions.

I expect that Shapeshift's temporary issues are a part of the reduced activity the last few days.  That and people have lives during the week - or so I hear.  There are a few exchanges that have announced they'll be bringing ETH trading online within the next few weeks - I expect a flood of newcomers with each exchange that brings ETH online.  Wink

shinysquirrels.co - Ether Multiplier Game
greymatter

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:32:00 PM

MyEtherWallet.com has an "Advanced / Offline Transaction" tab which allows specifying a higher gas limit when making payment transactions to contracts, which is sufficient for most of the basic investment game contracts.  The page is confusing the first time through, but once you understand the steps it's pretty straight forward.  It would work for participating in the majority of gamified contracts being played on this forum.

Mist/Geth still seems to be the best interface for interacting with contract functions.

I expect that Shapeshift's temporary issues are a part of the reduced activity the last few days.  That and people have lives during the week - or so I hear.  There are a few exchanges that have announced they'll be bringing ETH trading online within the next few weeks - I expect a flood of newcomers with each exchange that brings ETH online.  Wink

i agree about shapeshift. i would have put some Eth into these pits, but waiting to move my BTC to kraken, then waiting for 6 confirms, then pulling out takes too long...then its already too late.
ContractsJust4Fun (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:58:16 PM

So go into advanced, increase the GAS price  (to what value?) then go back to basic send transaction and send to the contract?

Someone should put this in screenshots to make it easier for new people to participate.

Also, is it possible to make necessary changes to the MyEtherWallet to detect a contract address vs regular address and auto adjust the gas accordingly in the basic transaction tab?
DustBluster

Activity: 76

Play Shiny Squirrels - Multiply Your Ether

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 05:43:40 AM

I've read suggestions of changing the Gas Limit (which is 21,000 by default in MyEtherWallet) to something in the range of 200,000 to 500,000 when sending to contracts.  Any excess will be refunded automatically, it's just an upper limit.  The more complicated or data intensive a contract is, the more gas it will need to operate.

https://www.myetherwallet.com/#offline-transaction

shinysquirrels.co - Ether Multiplier Game
ContractsJust4Fun (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:20:52 AM

I was able to make everything work by using the most recent version of MyEtherWallet which has updates for setting gas limits:
https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/archive/mercury.zip

As soon as this new code live on MyEtherWallet.com it will be a lot easier for new people to come in, fund a wallet with shapeshift (back online horray!), and play a game.
Matthias195

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:51:26 PM

Cool, looking forward to it. Someone else just participated as well so people keep coming  Grin
Tdecha

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 08:10:04 AM

is this working, can i invest in this?

code is legit
Matthias195

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:43:27 PM

is this working, can i invest in this?

code is legit

Yes, and I've always received my payout correctly. I'm keeping track of it with an Excel sheet.
askolein

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:06:40 PM

Investing now would be profitable if there would be 40 more participants...

The first won 3.6 though. Only the 8th first participant got more than their 1 Eth investment.
Matthias195

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:44:26 PM

There are 21 participants at this moment.
So the fact there are already 8 having a profit is actually pretty good for a pyramid.
That's more than 1/3rd who are having a profit already right now  Smiley
ContractsJust4Fun (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:43:03 AM

There are 21 participants at this moment.
So the fact there are already 8 having a profit is actually pretty good for a pyramid.
That's more than 1/3rd who are having a profit already right now  Smiley

Plus it's more fun when you see some action after every deposit.

Since this contract has no destroy function, nothing I can do will stop it. So if you think from now until the end of ETH, 40 more deposits will be made, then you could be profitable in this little experiment.

and if not, you get to play a role in understanding how Ethereum contracts work and it only costs you 1ETH plus gas minus whatever you get back from future depositors.

Improvements coming to the webpage this week and advertising banners. Now is the time to get in. Just4Fun
Matthias195

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:01:28 AM

Improvements coming to the webpage this week and advertising banners. Now is the time to get in. Just4Fun

Nice! Looking forward to this  Grin
Advertisement is everything with these games, so it's nice to hear this stuff is coming.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: