Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet / unsafe computer  (Read 1279 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:06:58 AM

I would buy trezor and definitely made my computer safe as was mentioned above.

not all of us like paying ~100 dollars for a hardware wallet to keep our bitcoins, a wallet that can be created for free and secure. trezor is for those who have invested thousands of dollars in bitcoin and have little computer knowledge.
you are wrong dude..  concerning hardware wallets, trezor isn't the only solution: ledger wallet are pretty safe too, and for a ridiculous coast of 34 euros... so , as you can see...  Cool

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/1-ledger-nano

and concerning this special part of your post :
trezor is for those who have invested thousands of dollars in bitcoin and have little computer knowledge.
you're COMPLETLY wrong ! everybody can judge..  why "using by people with little computer knowedge"  ??  how can you say that? on what are you based your opinion? just for curiosity.. lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:51:13 PM

Wallet paper it is then.
You still need a safe computer to transfer funds.

I wish i could leave windows behind me.
Why do you need windows?

Linux and windows Partitions in the same HD will cause problems "eventually".
Dual boot is possible and should not cause problems unless a virus destroys all partitions. For that you make backups.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:04:14 PM

Wallet paper it is then.

Why do you need windows?

Dual boot is possible and should not cause problems unless a virus destroys all partitions. For that you make backups.
i confirm : you can use windows & linux on the same computer in dual boot : no problem;

however, if you use windows , its better to run your linux os in a virtual machine.  Cool
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:17:46 AM

Wallet paper it is then.

Why do you need windows?

i confirm : you can use windows & linux on the same computer in dual boot : no problem;

however, if you use windows , its better to run your linux os in a virtual machine.  Cool

if the host is infected your screwed, and you're not safe with dual boot, either there are some exploit to spread the infection to another partition that is using another so

the only possible way is to have two ssd, and one only active at any time, so you must un-plug the power from the other, so it's not recognized
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:07:45 AM

if the host is infected your screwed, and you're not safe with dual boot, either there are some exploit to spread the infection to another partition that is using another so

the only possible way is to have two ssd, and one only active at any time, so you must un-plug the power from the other, so it's not recognized
If the host is infected you should format that host. Why would you want to be using an infected computer for any tasks?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:43:48 PM

If the host is infected you should format that host. Why would you want to be using an infected computer for any tasks?

the problem is that a good infection come undetected, until it cause problem but at that point is too late already
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: