Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:31:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum: Good alt or stay away?  (Read 80108 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:40:00 AM

Hi everyone, I've been around for a while now..  
I've seen a lot of posts positive and negative about Ethereum.

At the moment I am holding Bitcoins, but I have invested in some Ether as well.

Now I am wondering, what are legitimate concerns about Ether (except for IPO, as I've already read this in a lot of posts).

So can anyone bring real other issues to the table, to enlighten me (and maybe a lot of other readers?)

Thanks!
Ethereum is doing well right now. Its price is good, so why not keeping it? This year, altcoins is doing great. Its  a good way to start keep ethereum while you can afford it. Some people were saying this will an alternative for bitcoin.

The price may be good now but it will not be in the future. The Ethereum foundation is running out of money and they will have to sell their premine soon to fund the platform's development. So that means the price will again go down because ETH is really weak in the market right now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:25:22 AM

They are funded for years, so they won't have to sell any of the foundation's ethereum. They could sell their personal stash but that's not related to foundation's money. I can feel you're starting to regret buying ETC as you can see it slowly being dumped.
Bokelka

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:00:38 PM

They are funded for years, so they won't have to sell any of the foundation's ethereum. They could sell their personal stash but that's not related to foundation's money. I can feel you're starting to regret buying ETC as you can see it slowly being dumped.

I think the Ethereum Foundation has to sell the funds to pay for the developments and other costs.

It is better to sell the ETC now as the price is going down.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:54:23 AM

They are not funded for years. Last year there was already news that they are running out of funds. This was when they made the Frontier release of Ethereum. Vitalik was calling out for more support from the community. It was almost like he was saying that he is leaving part of the development with the community because they cannot continue it anymore.

Their burn rate is high. I do not know how they spend all that money.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bokelka

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:05:44 PM

They are not funded for years. Last year there was already news that they are running out of funds. This was when they made the Frontier release of Ethereum. Vitalik was calling out for more support from the community. It was almost like he was saying that he is leaving part of the development with the community because they cannot continue it anymore.

They were short of funds last year as they have a lot of Ethereum and the ETH price was low. Now, even the ETC price was higher than last year's ETH price. So they are rich now.
Kolamider

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:34:20 PM

They were short of funds last year as they have a lot of Ethereum and the ETH price was low. Now, even the ETC price was higher than last year's ETH price. So they are rich now.

If the Ethereum Foundation sells the Ethereum Classic, it might support its development for the next few years.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:59:03 AM

Yes that is what I am saying. They will have to sell the ETH premine to fund and maintain the development. What do you think will that do to the price of ETH?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Aki4real (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:05:11 AM

Going to set a buy order for ETC, anticipating a pump soon.
To make it look like it has got some traction, if a pumper like Max Keiser gets involved, you know something will happen (and it's not good long-term for ETC).

I still believe in ETH and will keep 50% btc 48% eth and 2% etc just for fun
Techray

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 01:03:09 PM

Going to set a buy order for ETC, anticipating a pump soon.
To make it look like it has got some traction, if a pumper like Max Keiser gets involved, you know something will happen (and it's not good long-term for ETC).

I still believe in ETH and will keep 50% btc 48% eth and 2% etc just for fun

That could be a right proportion. I think I will mine some ETC and sell the ETC when there is a big price pump.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 01:35:33 PM

Microsoft already use ETH for their project.
This mean that they believe on ETH and when this happen, ETH may gain more popularity. As we know ETH still new but they have potential power
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:20:28 PM

@bbc.reporter what do you think will happen ? I tell you, nothing, ETH volume is too big and it can easily absorb all eventual ETH sell wall. Not to mention, they can't be idiots to sell it all at once and that can be done without moving the price downwards, considering it's volume.
starboyshuvo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:46:08 PM

stay away
oceanriver

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:48:40 PM

though still i think that ethereum is not a bad currency, however i have to agree that its price is going to be dumped over time
Utrine

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:33:52 AM

though still i think that ethereum is not a bad currency, however i have to agree that its price is going to be dumped over time

The Ethereum Devcon2 will be held. So the price might go higher.
https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/07/08/devcon2-site-now-live/
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:10:03 AM

It may bring positive effect on the price without a doubt, still less than a month to go before it takes place.
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:02:02 PM

It may bring positive effect on the price without a doubt, still less than a month to go before it takes place.

Right, I see that it's a tremendous news and will provide good growth when it successfully applied. I love to meet people as to the trading altcoin a very professional, if possible I also taught the science of dong. Because science is more useful than strong. Because people learned that have a value higher than women who dress up a garish, Goody-goody, etc
Kettler

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:50:03 PM

Ethereum Devcon2 Conference Welcomes Santander As Gold Sponsor

http://fintechist.com/ethereum-devcon2-conference-welcomes-santander-gold-sponsor/
samasas

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:24:34 PM

http://fintechist.com/ethereum-devcon2-conference-welcomes-santander-gold-sponsor/

I reckon the Ethereum price will rise a lot near the meeting. This meeting is in China. It will attract rich guys.
Bokelka

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:04:20 AM

I reckon the Ethereum price will rise a lot near the meeting. This meeting is in China. It will attract rich guys.

The Chinese are quite rich. If they think the Etheruemm has great future, they will invest in it, the price will rise.
LandOwner

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:30:02 AM

The Chinese are quite rich. If they think the Etheruemm has great future, they will invest in it, the price will rise.

One Chinese company got a lot of Ethereum.
Chinese Auto Giant Wanxiang Plans $50 Million Blockchain Fund
http://www.coindesk.com/china-wanxiang-blockchain-50-million-fund/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: