Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum: Good alt or stay away?  (Read 80108 times)
samasas

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:09:43 AM

I do not care about external issues. Will be a better and faster Ethereum, will be useful in the future and it's a good coin

That is right. We hope the Ethereum developer will do their job properly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:18:39 AM

Ethereum is, in my opinion, the best crypto currency and is a great long-term investment.

It will boom (just as Bitcoin) even more when a crisis will hit the financial markets and the trust in and especially when the trust in fiat currencies will suffer. For example, if the Euro will crash the strongest crypto currencies will be a great buy!

Ethereum is more than just a crypto currency and DApps are clearly the future for some industries because decentralization has so so many advantages...

It will be highly volatile but nevertheless, I am confident that the long-term trend will go up. There will be major crashes in Ethereum and Bitcoin soon though.

This is normal if assets increase that much within a short period of time and if so many speculators are in the market. Also, successful hacking attacks will also force the price to go down from time to time.

I would have to agree that ETH is a great long-term investment, but not "the best". As much as anyone who dislikes ETH can talk about the poor history from the DAO days and pre mine, it has grown to become a strong platform with so much investment. I'm so surprised that it isn't more valuable. I would say that the vulnerabilities are just too problematic.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:23:28 AM

Stay away from ETH. Buy EOS! EOS will soon eat ETH`s marketcap.
TheWolf666

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

Bitcoin is too expensive. You cannot do any short time large profit. It is like investing in Apple or Microsoft.

Ethereum can double in and the altcoins are a way to do day trading and really make 100% every day on your investment.

Ethereum with its smart contracts is the future. Bitcoin is crippled by conflicts of interests, and greedy people. It is the most popular because the banks wants it, the press wants it, but in practice, Ethereum is more adapted to fit the real world need.

deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:08:13 AM

The problem about Bitcoin is the fees. I don't think many can still afford to send bitcoin. Many users were complaining about the fees. I saw someone put $18 just make the transactions faster. But the result is not what he expected. It takes hours to confirmed.That's sucks. Having bitcoin these is getting harder and expensive. Ethereum i think is the best alternative to use. Maybe cheaper and faster.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:44:02 AM

Ethereum is very good, I am sure ethereum continues to grow and give many advantages.
Ethereum is the best altcoin, we can see it in some projects and already use ethereum.
OdeOfTheO

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:49:46 AM

Eth is probably the one that survives out of the "alt" realm.  That being said, there are other currencies coming up like NEO & UBQ etc. that might have a better return.  Depends if you are a long or short term buyer as well.
HastyQuynh

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:51:13 AM

There is no reason for me to stay away from ETH because it is a crypto of the future and all that it has done so far is ETH well deserved.
kerstentw

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:12:16 AM

I am a little biased because I am currently developing for some Ethereum DaPP stuff but I really like how the platform has moved along.  A big part of Ethereum is its attempts at becoming a global computing machine with Ether itself being the incentive.  To this end, we are seeing the development of multi-chain tech like Plasma where I think part of the intent is for Eth to become the bonding currency for a bunch of off-chain marketplaces which will drive a phenomenal amount of liquidity towards the system as decentralized marketplaces and private chains begin pegging value store to Eth.  That said, this development is extremely far into the future.  In the interim I believe there are going to be some stormy seas for ETH as the transition through Metropolis into Serenity creates all manner of problems for incumbent solutions.  If you are abreast of the developments in the space you may be able to use these dips and rises for your own purposes. But I suspect the overall moving average is positive.

I know this sounds cartoony, but these conversations tend to devolve into BTC vs ETH which will 'win'.  However, there is space for both since the actual marketshare/liquidity pool they are attempting to expand into is the entire global financial system.  Likewise, I'd argue that one does not engineer the position and utility for the currency/asset, rather, it kind of arises organically.  With this in mind, it seems that the main thing that will hold back (or help) ETH, if anything, is its somewhat centralized core devOps environment (overall, not just Ethereum Foundation.  Also this isn't necessarily a bad thing.) and how they release further control and steer the big hard fork(s) on the horizon.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:07:15 AM

ethereum to me is a good coin to invest into, but I will say invest with what will not be a big issue to you when you loss. Cause you need to know how to manage your loss.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:32:53 AM

I am a little biased because I am currently developing for some Ethereum DaPP stuff but I really like how the platform has moved along.  A big part of Ethereum is its attempts at becoming a global computing machine with Ether itself being the incentive.  To this end, we are seeing the development of multi-chain tech like Plasma where I think part of the intent is for Eth to become the bonding currency for a bunch of off-chain marketplaces which will drive a phenomenal amount of liquidity towards the system as decentralized marketplaces and private chains begin pegging value store to Eth.  That said, this development is extremely far into the future.  In the interim I believe there are going to be some stormy seas for ETH as the transition through Metropolis into Serenity creates all manner of problems for incumbent solutions.  If you are abreast of the developments in the space you may be able to use these dips and rises for your own purposes. But I suspect the overall moving average is positive.

I know this sounds cartoony, but these conversations tend to devolve into BTC vs ETH which will 'win'.  However, there is space for both since the actual marketshare/liquidity pool they are attempting to expand into is the entire global financial system.  Likewise, I'd argue that one does not engineer the position and utility for the currency/asset, rather, it kind of arises organically.  With this in mind, it seems that the main thing that will hold back (or help) ETH, if anything, is its somewhat centralized core devOps environment (overall, not just Ethereum Foundation.  Also this isn't necessarily a bad thing.) and how they release further control and steer the big hard fork(s) on the horizon.

I think competition and cooperation are healthy for the Cryptosphere. I am a great fan for the evolution of blockchain technology in whatever form it comes. Bitcoin let the cat out of the bag and now the cat is giving birth to a ton of kittens. I love to be a part of this great leap forward and hope that my Son and Grandkids one day will look back and say, Hey that woman wasn't crazy after all. It's time to bag up Bitcoin and Ether for your Loved Ones. I am no techie, but as a woman and mother I want what's best for my Family and the blockchain is our future. Either we sit and argue about it and the clash of Alpha male Egos continues, or we all move forward in Unison in a productive way, perfecting and honing our skills and contributing to this wonderful movement.  BTW If I were young I would love to be doing what you are doing, but I was too much in the Arts way back then..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:02:36 AM

As long as it has continous development then i guess it will last long. Just hold it and i believe it will pump atleast by the end of the year. I still have faith on this coin.
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:15:23 AM

This coin will pump! The dev team is still as active as ever and they are really working and pushing this coin to its limits. Let's just wait and hold this coin for awhile a big pump will be coming!!

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

This coin will pump! The dev team is still as active as ever and they are really working and pushing this coin to its limits. Let's just wait and hold this coin for awhile a big pump will be coming!!

It is already pumped and overpriced in my opinion. Good and solid project, but bitcoin cash is stealing its thunder at the moment in trade volumes. I don't see it selling more than its current price this year, still a good project.
CyNotes

Activity: 199

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:10:07 AM

Eth is good altc, has his own platform and has a smart contract, later there will be many tokens that use smart contract ethereum. I think ethereum is the best altcoin compared to other altcoins because it occupies second position after bitcoin.
Ethereum was a probably a good alt and can be considered as one promising token that you can own. Later year, ethereum proves it can survive for its own platform, advantages, supplies and demand. Holding ethereum and bitcoin can gives us a good feedback for the years coming.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

Eth is good altc, has his own platform and has a smart contract, later there will be many tokens that use smart contract ethereum. I think ethereum is the best altcoin compared to other altcoins because it occupies second position after bitcoin.
Ethereum was a probably a good alt and can be considered as one promising token that you can own. Later year, ethereum proves it can survive for its own platform, advantages, supplies and demand. Holding ethereum and bitcoin can give us a good feedback for the years coming.
Yes after Bitcoin the ethereum is the best coin, this coin only has the capacity to give competition to Bitcoin in the future. Now the price is very low to compare Bitcoin, but after 2 or 3 years the ETH price also increases to $4k. Putting hopes on ETH is profitable. How the Bitcoin is king for all digital currency like that ETH is the king for all altcoins.
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:07:31 PM

I think Ethereum will pump soon, and it will even surpass the Bitcoin market cap. Faster transactions, Metropolis update, and the ICO began to attract a lot of money to the crypto space.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:16:13 PM

Ethereum was a probably a good alt and can be considered as one promising token that you can own. Later year, ethereum proves it can survive for its own platform, advantages, supplies and demand. Holding ethereum and bitcoin can give us a good feedback for the years coming.
Yes after Bitcoin the ethereum is the best coin, this coin only has the capacity to give competition to Bitcoin in the future. Now the price is very low to compare Bitcoin, but after 2 or 3 years the ETH price also increases to $4k. Putting hopes on ETH is profitable. How the Bitcoin is king for all digital currency like that ETH is the king for all altcoins.

I agree with you maybe bitcoin is the core of crypto currency whereas Etherium is the source of altcoin and in the future Etherium may rise in price like bitcoin now and will continue to compete with bitcoin or even outperform bitcoin but must be realized with the use of large scale Etherium, and maybe Who Who can do it is a Chinese millionaire

BobbyAdams

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:22:43 AM

ETH is a good coin it could be the future crypto so let's invest in it
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:30:55 AM

As the ethereum has a good price in the market it is still edible for investment and dont stay away
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: