Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:31:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Writers for Articles related to Precious Metals  (Read 3108 times)
YeniHurriyeT (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:19:57 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 08:50:45 PM by YeniHurriyeT

Greetings,

I'm looking for writers willing to write articles related to precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium) I require several articles, and have the topic along with a brief description of what I want in each article.

I'm looking for 600-2000 words per article. Articles include things like 'Industrial Uses of Silver' to 'History of America on the Gold Standard.'

I'm willing to pay 1.5 US cents per word, settled in bitcoins at the exchange rate when we make the deal. You'll mainly use Wikipedia and your own knowledge as a source. I figure many people on this forum have a libertarian leaning and may thus be familiar enough with the topics already.

Please PM me for more information, and a list of available article topics. I won't pay for garbage writing. Please contact me only if you have a basic command of the English language, grammar, and all that.

EDIT:

I haven't been back to check this post since I made it clear I wanted interested parties to PM me, but it looks like a few haven't figured that out ;-)

Well I figured I'd post the articles I'm interested in here. PLEASE PM with which article topic you're working on so I can edit them out and not get duplicates. I understand the pay I'm offering is not significant by Western standards, but I think its fair by internet standards. If someone sends me quality work consistently, we can make a separate arrangement at a later date.

Below are the list of topics with suggested titles, word count, and overview. Use them as guidelines. You can write one or more articles, but please tell me which topics interest you beforehand since others have contacted me for this assignment and I don't want multiple copies of the same topic.

Each BOLDED Phrase is 1 Article Title, the hyphenated points below it are what I want covered in that article.

RED = CLAIMED

History of America on the Gold Standard
    - Explain revolutionary era paper currency, then back to gold
    - Explain FDR confiscation and revaluation
    - Explain Post WWII Bretton Woods agreement
    - Explain Nixon unilateral closing of gold window
    - Explain huge spike in Gold since Nixon era
    - Recap how Gold played a key role in US prosperity and stability up until very recently.        
             Gold as money is not an ‘ancient’ concept.

- ~2000 words, Wikipedia will be main source. Reword. =DO NOT COPY AND PASTE=

Private Mints vs Government Mints

- Explain the difference between Govt Mint precious metal coins (Canadian Mapleleaf,         American Eagle, etc) and private mints (Kitco, etc)

- Explain difference between bullion and commemorative/ coins (certificates / boxed sets, etc) Bullion is cheaper, lower mark-up.

- Explain that govt minted coins have ‘face value’ and why they usually command higher markups (better known, recognizable, etc)

- List all Government Mints and what coins they mint. (Canada - Royal Canadian Mint - Mapleleaf [Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium]) Not all will mint in all four precious metals.

~1000 words, excluding list

Gold / Silver Price Ratio

- Explain the historic relationship between the gold and silver price. Highs and lows, averages, etc.

- Explain the US pegged ratio of 20 ounces silver to 1 ounce gold throughout US history.

- Explain higher volatility of silver, how it is also used as industrial metal while gold is mainly monetary metal.

~900 words

Industrial Uses of Gold

- Explain that while gold is mainly a monetary metal, it does have varied industrial uses.

- Explain benefits of gold in industrial use over inferior products (conductivity, inertness)

~600 words

Industrial Uses of Silver

- Explain that while Silver is a precious metal, it has vast industrial uses.

- Explain benefits of Silver as an industrial metal (properties, conductivity, etc)

- List and explain some of the major industrial uses of Silver.

~800 words

Industrial Uses of Platinum

- Explain that while Platinum is a precious metal, it has vast industrial uses.

- Explain benefits of Platinum as an industrial metal (properties, conductivity, etc)

- List and explain some of the major industrial uses of Platinum.

~600-800 words

Industrial Uses of Palladium

- Explain that while Palladium is a precious metal, it has vast industrial uses.

- Explain benefits of Palladium as an industrial metal (properties, conductivity, etc)

- List and explain some of the major industrial uses of Palladium.

~600-800 words

Numismatic Precious Metal Coins vs Bullion

- Explain what numismatics are and why they are generally more expensive.

- Explain that numismatics are not an investment in precious metals, but an investment       in the rarity of the coin and are for collectors.

- Explain why bullion coins are a better way to invest in the underlying metal (lower mark up, more liquid, etc)

~700 words

Ways to Invest in Precious Metals

- Briefly discuss was of investing in precious metals.

- Go into more detail on each, one by one: Physical Delivery, Physical remote storage, ETFs (GLD, SLV, etc), Futures.

- Explain speculative nature of Futures and leverage. Also briefly discuss Options for ETFs and how those are speculative as well.

~800 words

Precious Metal Lexicon

- Define and Explain the various terms used in the precious metals industry. Examples include: Spot Price, Purity, Troy Ounce, Bullion, Numismatic, Round, Bar.

- Find other such terms, I don’t know them all.

Length based on how many terms you define.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reikoku

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:59:20 AM

I could write a 1,000 word piece on the Gold Coast if you wish, it was a British colony in Africa in the 1800s & 1900s which traded in gold & diamonds amongst other luxury goods. Let me know.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
Vitalik Buterin

Activity: 330
Merit: 397

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:53:06 PM

I could write one. Proof of my writing ability found here: http://bitcoinweekly.com/

Argumentum ad lunam: the fallacy that because Bitcoin's price is rising really fast the currency must be a speculative bubble and/or Ponzi scheme.
drapetomaniac

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:33:04 PM

Hey first post!

I am prepared to write you the best darned articles about precious metals that you will ever lay eyes on, sir.  I know how to research and verify my information like a champ, so just give me a topic and off I will go!
Here are a couple of short essays I completed nearly 3 years ago as a junior in high school: http://protipz.blogspot.com/

I do feel as though my rhetoric has improved greatly since I wrote them, unfortunately they are the only examples I have available for public access.
AND as an added bonus my grandfather is a retired professional proofreader who would have no problem scanning my work to ensure all grammatical issues are taken care of before you even read it.
AgoristTeen2

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 02:53:41 AM

I would be happy to write for some articles related to precious metals for you...though I want to know if, aside from the 600-2000 word limit and that the article has to be about precious metals, what, if any limits are there? Also would you be willing to use an escrow service like ClearCoin? Finally since I know I don't have a lot of stuff to write to demonstrate by ability aside from some poems I posted in a thread somewhere on this forum, I'd be willing to accept a lower payment of 1 US cent per word, or even as low as 0.75 US cents per word...at least until I've established with you that I'm a good writer. If you want to you can contact me either through a pm, or through email... pyromaniacwolf1994@gmail.com. Thanks and have a great day. Smiley
wangxinxi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 05:27:16 PM

Greetings,

I'm looking for writers willing to write articles related to precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium) I require several articles, and have the topic along with a brief description of what I want in each article.

I'm looking for 600-2000 words per article. Articles include things like 'Industrial Uses of Silver' to 'History of America on the Gold Standard.'

I'm willing to pay 1.5 US cents per word, settled in bitcoins at the exchange rate when we make the deal. You'll mainly use Wikipedia and your own knowledge as a source. I figure many people on this forum have a libertarian leaning and may thus be familiar enough with the topics already.

Please PM me for more information, and a list of available article topics. I won't pay for garbage writing. Please contact me only if you have a basic command of the English language, grammar, and all that.

Come here please, https://workforbitcoin.com
It's free to post your job here.
There are many good writers here waiting for you. Thanks.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:41:46 AM

I'd be interested, but not at $30 for 2,000 words... that's quite a bit of writing... You're talking 40 minutes of typing at 50 WPM uninterrupted, without stopping to think or research.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
YeniHurriyeT (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:40:35 AM

I've editted my original post with a list of the article topics I'm currently looking for. Once these are fulfilled, I'll consider other topics such as the Golden Coast one that was suggested.

Several of you expressed interest and posted your writing credentials which I briefly checked out. It all looks good. I'm not looking for scholarly-grade stuff (though I wouldn't refuse it) I just want writing that is coherent. Sometimes with these internet writing assignments you get people who obviously don't have a strong  command over the language.

If anyone is worried about their writing quality, feel free to PM me a paragraph so we can make sure we're on the same page.

As for the pay, again I'm not looking for scholarly, citation-laden writing. Just simple write-ups on the topics I posted above. You'll basically be re-wording text from a few Wikipedia entries and Google search results... I think the price is fair for this sort of internet assignment. I have no deadlines, but once you reserve a topic please get it done since you'll be taking it off the list for others who may want to write it.
AgoristTeen2

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:47:40 AM

If you don't mind I'll write about "revolutionary era paper currency, then back to gold" and "how Gold played a key role in U.S. prosperity and stability until very recently" Though if you'll only let me do one at a time, then I'll write an article about Gold's role in the prosperity and stability of the U.S. economy....though I'd prefer to write both. If you want to discuss this more you can pm me or email me at pyromaniacwolf1994@gmail.com.
YeniHurriyeT (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:51:06 AM

Perhaps I didn't make the overview as clear as I thought. Each BOLDED Phrase is 1 topic, the hyphenated points below it are the topics I want covered in that article.

And AgoristTeen: somebody PMed me earlier claiming that article so its off for now (I made it Red) if there are others that interest you PM me please. PM = Private Message, its a feature built into the forum in case you or others are not familiar with it.
AgoristTeen2

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:55:59 AM

Perhaps I didn't make the overview as clear as I thought. Each BOLDED Phrase is 1 topic, the hyphenated points below it are the topics I want covered in that article.

And AgoristTeen: somebody PMed me earlier claiming that article so its off for now (I made it Red) if there are others that interest you PM me please. PM = Private Message, its a feature built into the forum in case you or others are not familiar with it.

Okay then, If you don't mind I'd like to claim the article about "Private Mints vs. Government Mints"

EDIT*** When you said to list all Government mints...did you mean all of the ones in the world, or in a single country?
YeniHurriyeT (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 04:01:58 AM

Okay then, If you don't mind I'd like to claim the article about "Private Mints vs. Government Mints"

EDIT*** When you said to list all Government mints...did you mean all of the ones in the world, or in a single country?

There's only one government mint per country. You only have to list the ones that mint & sell precious metal coins, there aren't a whole lot of 'em and they should all be easy enough to find.
AgoristTeen2

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 04:02:45 AM

Okay
wangxinxi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:36:35 PM

Hi YeniHurriyeT,

Post your job on my website https://workforbitcoin.com

There are lots of good writers there. I can also recommend some to you if you like.
YeniHurriyeT (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:57:47 PM

Hi YeniHurriyeT,

Post your job on my website https://workforbitcoin.com

There are lots of good writers there. I can also recommend some to you if you like.

I'll check the site out for future assignments, most of the articles have been claimed already on here. I don't need two versions of the same articles.

YeniHurriyeT (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:17:17 PM

Important Update:

It seems Mt Gox has suspended trading due to a stolen account.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20208066-huge-bitcoin-sell-off-due-to-a-compromised-account-rollback

Those of you who haven't submitted articles yet, please be aware that I will settle the trade when this market re-opens so we know what the exchange rate of bit coins is.

Alternatively, for those who want payment immediately, I can send the agreed amount (1.5/cents per word) in US dollars using PayPal. Then you can use some non-Mt. Gox service to acquire bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: