Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The halving is coming. What's your next move?  (Read 2979 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:13:39 PM

I'm mining with the S7 and now I'm profiting half what it mines. For now I don't know about any new hardware, but I know that once the halving goes on my miners will become unprofitable...
I haven't decided my next move yet.

Are you\ or if you were on a similar situation?what would be your next move?

I saved some to get ready and doubling my miners. Yes i get the same with S7, around 45%-65%. Im just waiting if these 14nm things are coming out. And i hope price rising will help me too!

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:13:00 PM

I already made my move a bit back. I got rid of all previous gen gear including S5's, S5+, SP20, and Avalon 4.1's.  I sold them all... and got coins with them.   So far it's been a good idea considering I sold back a bit. 

My goal is to take that BTC as some of my backing on next gen.... whenever it hit's on miners.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:07:02 AM

I sold some but want to get rid of all my inventory of ASIC miners. Concentrating on ETH right now and might get back into BTC mining in 3-6 months.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:16:46 AM

Forever left bitcoin mining, it is just not worth it.

Focused on GPU mining for the quick ROI and if I were to sell gpu's later on they wont drop in value like an asic miner will.  You can also mine other coins as they become more profitable and wont be stuck on a certain technology due to the asic.  If I look at the S7 you will only profit about $130 or so and half of that or more will be going to electricity so I would only make about 65 bucks a month on the unit and they are expensive to buy.  They suck way too much power for the amount of earning so to even expand operations to reasonable size, there's issues with supplying enough juicy.  With next gen miners profit still wont even be all that good and roi will be very long.

Bitcoin has some lack luster performance on the coin price lately (lucky when we peak $420) and honestly I think the speculators who want to be wishful for a BIG increase are going to be disappointed.  With that I am happy to use it as a currency to move money around being it has been pretty stable and is generally accepted, good to hold coin right now to as it is unlikely price will fall so it seems like you cant loose.  well that's just my 2 pesos
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:54:43 PM

I sold some but want to get rid of all my inventory of ASIC miners. Concentrating on ETH right now and might get back into BTC mining in 3-6 months.

I don't think it's a horrible idea on current inventory.  With current coupon price on S7's it almost makes me want to see current gen and buy back in after next gen, and after we see next gen difficulty jumps at least at first.

Double I ever sell all my asics, but tempting as I  see S7 price pushing down current gen in value as we speak.
sanadas

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:55:41 AM

I don't think it's a horrible idea on current inventory.  With current coupon price on S7's it almost makes me want to see current gen and buy back in after next gen, and after we see next gen difficulty jumps at least at first.

Double I ever sell all my asics, but tempting as I  see S7 price pushing down current gen in value as we speak.

So maybe Bitmain and other manufacturers are already mining with the new miners and they are keen to get rid of the old S7 as well.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:26:36 AM

So maybe Bitmain and other manufacturers are already mining with the new miners and they are keen to get rid of the old S7 as well.

It's possible we just don't know, and for most companies won't know.  We know there are B11's that were made for internal mining but did not hit specs they later will.  So there is one company with next gen being used.

Bitmain is good about being quiet we likely will not know unless leak, which are becoming fewer and fewer from them.   I thought they might have been doing this with S7 coupon.  But feel I was wrong after seeing new batch without fan.

And there are some like that announced next gen miners to early, and I don't think we will see them.  But I wont call out the big one I'm thinking of.
CarrollFilms

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Can I eat a Bitcoin?

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:32:34 AM

Keep my S5's running until no longer profitable. Got one of the S5's already mining peercoin. It's not worth much, but it mines a block pretty quick. Plan on throwing all 5 on there and then just trade Peercoin to BTC after I have enough.

Back in my day Bitcoin used to cost $69
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:57:59 AM

Keep my S5's running until no longer profitable. Got one of the S5's already mining peercoin. It's not worth much, but it mines a block pretty quick. Plan on throwing all 5 on there and then just trade Peercoin to BTC after I have enough.

Is mining peercoin more profitable than bitcoin? The difficulty of many coins are rising fast, less profitable now.

HelioHash

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 05:19:54 PM

I'm mining with the S7 and now I'm profiting half what it mines. For now I don't know about any new hardware, but I know that once the halving goes on my miners will become unprofitable...
I haven't decided my next move yet.

Are you\ or if you were on a similar situation?what would be your next move?

Buy another S7 and double your hashrate (if you can)...
Once halving happen, there is a big chance that price will go up
after a few weeks

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
ThatDudeTheres

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:01:56 AM

The best investment on earth you can make: http://www.non-hybrid-seeds.com/ca/bulknonhybridseeds.html
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:07:29 PM

Is mining peercoin more profitable than bitcoin? The difficulty of many coins are rising fast, less profitable now.

I tend to keep mine on Bitcoin, I think it has the best long term goals.  Every once in a while if a new alt coin comes out I will put it some gear on nicehash but it's hardly worth it right now - https://www.nicehash.com/ 2 percent over normal  (and there are fees).

But I think your best bet is mining BTC and holding what you can.  I personally sell off for electricity as if I don't I get in pretty deep as I tend to normally be more then 10k watts at most times.  That just adds up to a big electric bill.  So kinda is also another way to make sure I'm profitable currently by selling and paying electricity for my miners. (I don't always do it if price is bad, but as general rule I like to sell enough to pay electricity).
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:08:57 PM

I think that the halving is already well factored into the price (which has recently doubled).

But, despite of that, because I am long and leveraged and under the parity, I am still hodling my positions...

Best regards,
ilpirata79
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:35:40 PM

I think that the halving is already well factored into the price (which has recently doubled).

But, despite of that, because I am long and leveraged and under the parity, I am still hodling my positions...

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Recently doubled? We have been in 400's for a while at this point.  I don't think there is anything recent about that.   If you go back it's been a long up and down ride many of us remember day's of 900-1000 btc.   But we no longer are there.

I am not sure we will get a doubling with having... just is not sure bet.   People know about it very far in advance so we should see some before if happens.... and again we are pretty steady in 400's at this point.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:18:47 PM

Another interesting question is what s going to happen with alts? If BTC price goes a bit up, which is very probable, will alts follow or not?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:07:28 PM

Another interesting question is what s going to happen with alts? If BTC price goes a bit up, which is very probable, will alts follow or not?

It seems it's not that easy anymore alts can rise and fall without BTC.  They seem to not be 100 percent synced.  I remember day's of LTC and BTC they pretty closly followed each other (been a while since I messed with it).

Some alts have gotten crazy returns for people who believed early on.  I just am afraid as I see a lot of pump/dumps out there.   
mangox

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:33:57 PM

I'm considering purchasing a miner, however have heard a lot about this... However I'm not exactly sure what "it" is.

Could someone explain/point me to a thread that better explains what exactly "The halving" is?

just turn on google and everything written about Halving

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:15:47 PM

I don't think it's a horrible idea on current inventory.  With current coupon price on S7's it almost makes me want to see current gen and buy back in after next gen, and after we see next gen difficulty jumps at least at first.

Double I ever sell all my asics, but tempting as I  see S7 price pushing down current gen in value as we speak.

BW confirmed today large customers have been mining with their new miners and public availability is June. That would explain the increase in difficulty over the past few months.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:02:03 AM

I don't think it's a horrible idea on current inventory.  With current coupon price on S7's it almost makes me want to see current gen and buy back in after next gen, and after we see next gen difficulty jumps at least at first.

Double I ever sell all my asics, but tempting as I  see S7 price pushing down current gen in value as we speak.

BW confirmed today large customers have been mining with their new miners and public availability is June. That would explain the increase in difficulty over the past few months.

We don't really have numbers to make it prove its them though.  The first machines did not even get close to spec.   So we don't know what the current spec of gear is, and they use a LOT internally. 

Likely we will know more in June if they keep that date.  But I want to see evidence of them hitting targets on efficiency or it really is not as big as deal as we thought.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: