Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 07:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we stop the division in the Bitcoin community?  (Read 1122 times)
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:29:42 PM

As the old saying goes "money talks"  what we do is make this thing a success and every one will be caught up in the fortune they make they wont care about devision.......lol  Grin
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:44:28 PM

I don't think it can be done. People have drawn lines in the sand and they're gonna stick to them no matter what the other guy does. The sticks in the mud need to be drowned out by the more reasonable guys.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:05:16 PM

There is nothing wrong with the submission of a opposing implementation to Bitcoin Core, because it is in the best interest of the technology to make suggestions and to develop new ideas to improve the technology. 

I think the answer is here. People propose what they think it's best for the Bitcoin community and the community choses what works best and everyone merges under the same set of rules. After settling on a new set of rules, we have no division anymore.
Difference of opinion is not a division.Sometimes it gives many good options and obviously majority decision will be accepted.At the end of the day we all try of best to better bitcoin

Blacula X

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:04:21 PM

Division in Bitcoin community you say? Hи шaгy нaзaд!!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 08:52:37 AM

This division might actually be good for bitcoins, it keeps developers on their toes to keep improving on past achievements.

Yes, I think it had some good effects on the developers. They are more open now, they are explaining and they try to fight to give their best. Most of them discuss in an appropriate way. And of course they consider the voices of the users. It's somewhat like politicians that want to be chosen, get the votes. It's a good thing I think.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Lauda
Legendary

Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 09:01:26 AM

Yes, I think it had some good effects on the developers. They are more open now, they are explaining and they try to fight to give their best. Most of them discuss in an appropriate way. And of course they consider the voices of the users. It's somewhat like politicians that want to be chosen, get the votes. It's a good thing I think.
I disagree, I would even say that it is not an indirect result of the 'division'. The community did complain several times at various places that there was a lack of communication and thus the developers have started working on that aspect. If anything, the division wasted everyone's time.

Difference of opinion is not a division.
Imagine the following: We are looking at a black table. I tell you that it is black and you tell me that it is white. Is this a difference of opinion? I'd say that it isn't.

The sticks in the mud need to be drowned out by the more reasonable guys.
The only ones that were ever rolling in the mud, were the 'fork' fanatics.

This division might actually be good for bitcoins, it keeps developers on their toes to keep improving on past achievements.
No.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sakinaka

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:51:10 AM

Just run a version of Bitcoin and do a lot of fake propaganda about it. This way you'll convince some people to do the same as you. Then the other community will regress and will finally disappear. Not sure if you would need to do something for this to happen Roll Eyes...

S h o p e o   

Decentralized Amazon & ICO hub
       ◢ Thread      Whitepaper      Bounties

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█