Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slogan update >> Bitcoin, Be Your Own OFFSHORE Bank  (Read 747 times)
bitpump (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 01:51:41 PM

Slogan v1.0
"Bitcoin, Be Your Own Bank"

Slogan v1.1
"Bitcoin, Be Your Own Offshore Bank"
Release Notes: After the very successful marketing campaign "Panama Papers", the general public is now aware of the risk to use a Trusted Third Party (TTP), which can be hacked/compromised/etc. Better is to avoid a TTP by using a trustless system, such as bitcoin.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:07:13 PM

This does not make sense, IMO. Bitcoin can be your bank onshore, offshore, on Earth, Moon, Mars, etc and it can be secure equally everywhere Smiley
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:14:24 PM

Slogan v1.0
"Bitcoin, Be Your Own Bank"

Slogan v1.1
Release Notes: After the very successful marketing campaign "Panama Papers", the general public is now aware of the risk to use a Trusted Third Party (TTP), which can be hacked/compromised/etc. Better is to avoid a TTP by using a trustless system, such as bitcoin.
haha..i just laugh at first time see this post Grin
that's not bad,we all know about Panama Papers,and because of that we know this selogan,and also because that i know what exactl Offshore,still not have time to read 2.6TB files Cheesy
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:23:21 PM

These Panama papers will be used against the average joe more than the people that are actually using the tax haven in my opinion. The ruling governments will put in stricter guidelines that will most likely effect day to day banking. Which means people will be under greater scrutiny for cash deposits and any online movement of funds to their account. Am I the only one thinking this way or does this look plausible?

Have listened/watched this story develop and its clear that my government is going to make some tax avoidance laws and suspect they bury some gems in the act that allow them more access to personal information well limiting what we can do with our banks.
If they are smart they include a sidenote on cryptocurrencies for future issues.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:41:59 PM

Be your own bank isn't a very appealing idea to the vast majority to be honest. Most would rather let their daddy look after their money instead.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:52:53 PM

To make their Bitcoin wallet their offshore bank people need to move their funds out of their real bank accounts into an exchange and from there to their wallet. This could be easily monitored by anyone. The only way I can think of that is remotely indiscernible is to use Localbitcoins to exchange coins for your cash in hand without a 3rd party. Now if you want to exchange 1 million dollars in a suitcase you will need to find some Bitcoin whales that will set up a private trade for you. It's not so easy to move huge amounts of cash digitally because there are financial records when the funds enter the exchanges.

iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:00:27 PM

What Does this post even mean. Is this being propragated due to recent events in the news of the off-shore dealings of those too rich people that they have to find more ways to get even more rich. Please!

mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:08:56 PM

it's a very good slogan lol. No soubt some of the people that need to hide funds will scratch their heads over that idea, even tho i'm confident that
some are already highly invested in this. Too bad that if that practice spreads, when they find out such cases using bitcoin, it is bitcoin that will get bad name, once again..
Dajackal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:09:27 PM

I don't think there is anything illegal about keeping some bitcoin. In most places its not technically a currency, so doesn't have defined value.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:09:45 PM

Bitcoin, offshore bank for average joe.

I like this one better, and as one of the fed officer pointed out, because Bitcoin limited cap, large money can not be moved freely using Bitcoin.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:29:58 PM

I don't think there is anything illegal about keeping some bitcoin. In most places its not technically a currency, so doesn't have defined value.

I guess you missed the point. op was referring to Panama Papers scandal that recently unfolded, and how they would probably never be
caught if they used bitcoins to store their funds, instead an offshore bank, that got revealed in the end.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:01:36 PM

I guess you missed the point. op was referring to Panama Papers scandal that recently unfolded, and how they would probably never be
caught if they used bitcoins to store their funds, instead an offshore bank, that got revealed in the end.
That is probably why governments are against bitcoin.We should stop suggesting bitcoin as an alternative to concealing black money or money earned illegally.I think this does bitcoin more bad than good

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:12:00 PM

Well i didnt found any news about the Panama Papers scandal,soo this is just an option about how to had the money safe ?They could had done all at bitcoin,this will just expose bitcoin dark side once again soo better they stay away and out of bitcoin for us ,get bitcoin connected to dark investments will hit bitcoin again.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:56:59 PM

I have always thought of BTC as an offshore bank account, and that's one of the main reason why I like it. Since most people cannot trust governments, nor countries these days, it's only logical one's looking for other solutions. If you cannot trust a lawyer in Panama, that's just another reason to choose BTC.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:07:55 AM

Bitcoin: Be President and CEO Incognito of Your Own Personal Virtual Universal Offshore Bank Tax Shelter Safe Haven Shell Corporation LLC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: