Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:10:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where on Google Maps is the crypto bagholders cemetery?  (Read 1483 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:50:16 AM

Just for the sake of addressing the thought, has anyone considered the possibility that so few people have lost more than they've gained here that there's just not enough stories to have a cemetary at all?

Sure, lots of people have lost out on a trade here or there .. sometimes pretty big. But, over the length of their time here could more people than we think have netted a larger overall gain?

Interesting perspective. I feel as though the lack of investor disciple in this space, which is a result of lack of investor education, means that the majority of people are most likely losing. Hell, I lost huuuge on NeoBee myself.And that's on exchanges, I'm not speaking to the known ponzis and transparent scams folks like to chuck money at around here. The fact that the majority of the securities and alts of the past went ass up means that if you invested in a certain timeframe, about 3 years ago, you probably got burned at some point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
meme magic

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:28:51 AM

Yup.

I just think the 'game' involves a few more people than crypto bagholders though. Like the people who've had their electricity stolen. Or any crypto that's been bought with stolen funds, like those from anyone who's evaded an income tax and bought more crypto instead of reporting income. Or anyone who has forgone registration or licensing fees to conduct business.

Is it possible that a lot more than would be assumed has been done with stolen money, and some people just don't care when they lose parts of it because it's more than they would have had?

Pump with stolen money. Mine with stolen electricity. Chase pumps with stolen money. Repeat.

Along that line - the service in this business would seem a bit crooked. I think it encouragescould encourage the theft of electricity in order to create tax havens and it seems more and more like that year after year save for a few efforts.

Is that so far of a reach that's not possible here, or are we numb to this, or am I just so far off base?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:25:12 AM

Just for the sake of addressing the thought, has anyone considered the possibility that so few people have lost more than they've gained here that there's just not enough stories to have a cemetary at all?

Have you ever considered the elementary school math of addition and subtraction which tells you that it is impossible for everyone to make more than they lose, since all money invested has to originate with us collectively.

We are not investing in businesses which sell a product or service to generate revenue.

Zero-sum game:

Zero-sum is a situation in game theory in which one person's gain is equivalent to another's loss, so the net change in wealth or benefit is zero. A zero-sum game may have as few as two players, or millions of participants.

Don't waste your time they REALLY honestly can not comprehend that fact.
It would not matter how you explain it or how often.. they are all mostly not smart enough to get it.

Blind by greed .

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:31:09 AM

Perspective? (AKA: Context)

Here is one for you guys.

WHY in the hell do you think the World wants to come and get involved in internet scam coins?

You do realize that EARTH thinks Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme right?

So explain to me how in the hell you expect them to take all this stupid bullshit seriously.
When all you guys do is hang around here and brag on about profits ADMITTING you care about nothing else.

I have been asking this for years..

FUD first & ask questions later™
meme magic

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:42:54 AM

Spoetnik, have you lost more than you gained here?

And did you make money by not reporting income?

The point I'm trying to make is that I think that there are very few sob stories not because of male ego, but because I believe its possible that there's an inordinate amount of crypto being bought with income that's not reported. So these people would effectively be implicating themselves in a crime add: if they were to talk about it.

So much that it gives the impression that this board is overrun with scammers silencing the losers, when the possible reality exists that the majority of funds haven't been lost by users here, but those who have been stolen from.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:39:08 AM

meme magic, are you asserting only the thieves lose money on altcoins  Huh

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:42:03 AM

I love reading and learning about the tech fundamentals, but for the average guy like me I'm looking at a lot of other things when I decide to take a punt on an alt. Who is the dev, how well do they communicate, do they sound 'authentic', who else is posting in their threads? A good altcoin speculator can (hopefully) distill something from those things...

So many here are fooled by the geek-cool communication, because they don't understand that what is being said is total bullshit.

Then they attack me when I explain they invested in bullshit.

meme magic

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:14:48 AM

Nope.

I think I can only assert that I think it's possible that a lot more money has been lost from governments (as unreported, untaxed income) and people who pay a little extra for their electrical bills for reasons unknown to them (as electricity theft) due to cryptocurrency, than has been lost from people who have invested legitimately and lost a shirt or a house due to cryptocurrency.

If not more, then a large enough proportion that one is not negligible compared to the other.

Enough that its necessary to expand to scope of 'zero sum' to include people who have and want absolutely nothing to do with cryptocurrency. These people would not post here and that would be one part of why you dont see their stories, and less overall losing stories.

Is it possible to measure this?

(Damn I need to read a book or two, its getting harder and harder to articulate anything I think month after month :/ )
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:40:33 AM

Have you ever considered the elementary school math of addition and subtraction which tells you that it is impossible for everyone to make more than they lose, since all money invested has to originate with us collectively.

Based on re-reading all your posts, I think you are trying to say that so much of the money invested is fraudulently obtained, thus most speculators  do not feel they are losing because it wasn't "their money" to start with that they invested.

And you seem to even be including for example government handouts as "free money" that isn't registered as a loss in the investor's conscience when it is lost on an altcoin speculation.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: