Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 10:27:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1 gpu now 11gpus 5rigs for Ethereum. 45 days of mining. Photos thoughts.  (Read 49138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mandica

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 02:00:41 PM

For my XFX R9 390, with -100 mV undervoltage and ~1100/1200MHz, it will consume about 230W.

▄▄████ ▀████▄▄
▄▄██▀▀ ▄▄ ▄██ ▄▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄
▄█▀▀ ▄▄▀▀   ███▄   ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀    ▄█ ▀████▄     ▀█▄ ▀█▄
▄█ ▄█      ████ ▀█████       █▄ █▄
██ ▄▀   ▄█  ▀████▄ ▀█▀         ▀▄ ██
▄█ ▄█    ███▄  ▀████▄▄           █▄ █▄
██     ▀████▄  ▀██████▄         █ ██
██       ▀█████▄ ▀▀█████▄       █ ██
██         ▀█████▄▄ ▀████▄      █ ██
▀█ ▀█           ▀█████▄ ▀██▀     █▀ █▀
██ ▀▄        ▄█▄ ▀████▄ █▀     ▄▀ ██
▀█ ▀█      █████▄ ▀███       █▀ █▀
▀█▄ ▀█▄    ▀█████  █▀    ▄█▀ ▄█▀
▀█▄▄ ▀▀▄▄  ▀████   ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀
▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀ ██  ▀▀▄▄▄██▀▀
▀▀████ ▀ ▄████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██   ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀▀
  Anonymous    Secure    Untraceable 
Spectre blog
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
twitter
Spectre slack
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
facebook
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
citronick

Activity: 798

winter*juvia

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:38:56 PM

For my XFX R9 390, with -100 mV undervoltage and ~1100/1200MHz, it will consume about 230W.

what MHs do you get from those settings?

Citronick's Beer & Chicken Wings Fund : 32oo5tk1RfTbndrUjWvHJ9yT3bb2EyQYkq
QuintLeo

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:00:44 AM

280x aren't even close on power consumption to the 290 or 390. I'd be comfortable running 5 of those on one of my X1250s, perhaps 6 if undervolted and not pushed real hard.

X1250s are designed to run at high percentage of their capasity 24/7 - they're one of the best engineered PS on the market in an ATX form factor. I ran mine on a mix os SP20 and S5 units for MONTHS pulling over 1KW at the wall in a room that wasn't particularly cool, and the pair I used as "upgrade/replacement" A2 Mega Terminator PS are pushing 1240 and 1260 measured watts at the wall (so about 1110/1130ish watts vs 1250 rated capasity) with no issues for the last 4ish months.

The room those units are in is getting warm enough since Summer hit though I might have to back the miners off a step. 8-(

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:26:03 AM

280x aren't even close on power consumption to the 290 or 390. I'd be comfortable running 5 of those on one of my X1250s, perhaps 6 if undervolted and not pushed real hard.

X1250s are designed to run at high percentage of their capasity 24/7 - they're one of the best engineered PS on the market in an ATX form factor. I ran mine on a mix os SP20 and S5 units for MONTHS pulling over 1KW at the wall in a room that wasn't particularly cool, and the pair I used as "upgrade/replacement" A2 Mega Terminator PS are pushing 1240 and 1260 measured watts at the wall (so about 1110/1130ish watts vs 1250 rated capasity) with no issues for the last 4ish months.

The room those units are in is getting warm enough since Summer hit though I might have to back the miners off a step. 8-(

yeah I am now trying to figure cooling out. for the solar array and for the 305mh of eth mining in my house.

we had wed thur fri say and sun all get over 90f in NJ

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:01:03 AM

wow 5x 280x on a x-1250 and i'm running only 3x overclocked 280x here LOL ... i'll go with 4x 280x for now and measure the wattage.

i have a room here, door is always open so the whole room can suck air from the first floor (cooler area). only the window with the exhaust fan is open, the other are shut off, the other half of the room is divided by a wooden bed turned to sideways to cover height, bed covers are used above the bed (turned side way) to divide the room so the heat from the miners would not affect greatly the other half of the room.. more like this..

i have 2x 145w electric fan, the first is blowing air through the rigs and the second one is pointed out the window for exhaust..this setup made the room and my gpu's cooler "significantly"...

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:24:56 AM

there is something that i discovered when i hang washed clothes to dry in this mining room..it felt cooler LOL, i have another idea that can improve cooling..

if there is a way to use this evaporative cooling pads like this and utilize some industrial quality aquarium pump to pump water 24/7 from a stainless steel tank to these pads inside a room..

evaporative cooling pads look like these..

I'm thinking evaporative cooling pads can absorb dust and can accumulate dirt, maybe you can use copper tubing turned several times to cover area in a room and pump water to these tubes from a stainless steel tank (placed in a cooler are of a house,like a basement)

these setup might cost less or equal to airconditioning units but surely cost less in electric consumption..

these are just ideas that might work, if fans are not enough anymore
ps_jb

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:35:01 AM

these setup might cost less or equal to airconditioning units but surely cost less in electric consumption..

Did you think about water cooling of GPUs?

Some DIY kits are way less expensive than complete systems
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:49:40 AM

Did you think about water cooling of GPUs?

Some DIY kits are way less expensive than complete systems

water cooling kits for many GPUs are expensive...water cooling the entire room is cheaper, besides it cools you too not just GPUs
QuintLeo

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:17:05 AM

there is something that i discovered when i hang washed clothes to dry in this mining room..it felt cooler LOL, i have another idea that can improve cooling..

if there is a way to use this evaporative cooling pads like this and utilize some industrial quality aquarium pump to pump water 24/7 from a stainless steel tank to these pads inside a room..

I'm thinking evaporative cooling pads can absorb dust and can accumulate dirt, maybe you can use copper tubing turned several times to cover area in a room and pump water to these tubes from a stainless steel tank (placed in a cooler are of a house,like a basement)

Evaporative cooling is a LOT more efficient than conventional A/C in dry climates.
 "Swamp Cooling" is old news.

Unfortunaltely, it relys on fairly low relative humidity levels to work at all, so there are large parts of the world it's worthless in at least part of the summertime.

Didn't see 90s here this past week, but did see mid-80s - and HUMID, rained almost every day. The machines prefer that but the human in the middle of some of them would have prefered the DRY 90s....

Makes me glad I sold off the S5/SP20 farm, but then again I wouldn't have enough electric available for my "ethereum-fuled expansion" if I had NOT sold that stuff off. I'm actively bumping up against "safe" limits on power draw at this point, even after I added the extra 50amp feed/box JUST for my "computer room" a few years back.

Just one reason I'm looking forward to the move I have planned for the next couple months - power limits are starting to become a real ISSUE where I'm at now.
Ultrasound

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:53:22 AM

For these frequencies, it will have about 31 MH/s each. For the 390, the hash rate is linearly to the Core frequency.
citronick

winter*juvia

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:01:51 AM

For these frequencies, it will have about 31 MH/s each. For the 390, the hash rate is linearly to the Core frequency.

For my MSI R9-390 (non X)

-100mV/ 1050 / 1125

30.1MHs

Total rig consume 1310w (5 x 390)

Assuming cpu/mobo etc takes 150w

Each GPU consumes 232w

Looks like 390 and 390x, not real big difference in MHs/performance... except for pricing  Shocked

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:55:35 AM

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/917682/9089471/0/1242808014/greenhouse_evaporative_cooling_pad_wet_curtain_water_paper.jpg

Evaporative cooling is a LOT more efficient than conventional A/C in dry climates.
 "Swamp Cooling" is old news.

Unfortunaltely, it relys on fairly low relative humidity levels to work at all, so there are large parts of the world it's worthless in at least part of the summertime.

Didn't see 90s here this past week, but did see mid-80s - and HUMID, rained almost every day. The machines prefer that but the human in the middle of some of them would have prefered the DRY 90s....

Makes me glad I sold off the S5/SP20 farm, but then again I wouldn't have enough electric available for my "ethereum-fuled expansion" if I had NOT sold that stuff off. I'm actively bumping up against "safe" limits on power draw at this point, even after I added the extra 50amp feed/box JUST for my "computer room" a few years back.

Just one reason I'm looking forward to the move I have planned for the next couple months - power limits are starting to become a real ISSUE where I'm at now.

from where i live, if a home is using a lot of power, you could request your own step down transformer from the power company (only if you are affecting the neighbors tapped to the same step down transformer).. or maybe you can request a new connection with watt meter (only if your line is maxed out but not the neighborhood step down transformer)
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:15:24 AM

Yeah power companies vary a lot.

I have the solar deal  with buysolar.

We are capped by the transformer of the power company at the moment. 

May take 1 year to get them to give a bigger transformer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1369207.0

we can sell back to the grid a max of 67kwatts  per hour on a good day.  we have more excess to sell then that number.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
ps_jb

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:10:34 AM

we can sell back to the grid a max of 67kwatts  per hour on a good day.  we have more excess to sell then that number.

Phil,

Just curious how much solar array costs, did state still allow you to cut $7.5k from taxes etc?
citronick

winter*juvia

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:26:10 AM

I have just installed a new distribution board for my workshop.

I have 63Amp/3-phase/240v to play with and I would like to have some form of metering so that I know I don't exceed 48amp per phase. My electrician told me that a simple "clamp meter" will do. He recommended me some China branded meter and I was thinking of a better solution...

Any recommendations? In amazon, I see many types from 20 bucks to hundreds of dollars for brands like Fluke etc.

Wish list... can the meter be displayed to an external LCD screen?

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:03:00 AM

Phil,

Just curious how much solar array costs, did state still allow you to cut $7.5k from taxes etc?

The array is buysolar' the miners are mine.

It is on his land he has panels on his home the barn and the horse pasture.

He has no miner risk as I supply miners.
I have no power risk as he provides the power.

We simply split the coins 50-50.

His business is solar installs .

We are running. 22 th as partners.  He has some of his own miners. The array fully powers his home.

Since he is in the business he was able to make the install cheaper then most people can.

Think of the solar array as a bank cd ..

Put up 100,000 usd. Your interest would be free heating for the winter.  And the coins you earn and of course a zero power bill.

With credits he believes the array will pay off in 5-7 year.
The solar gear should last for 25 years.

So it should do,well and is a long term investment.

ZedZedNova

Activity: 334

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

I have 63Amp/3-phase/240v to play with and I would like to have some form of metering so that I know I don't exceed 48amp per phase. My electrician told me that a simple "clamp meter" will do. He recommended me some China branded meter and I was thinking of a better solution...

Any recommendations? In amazon, I see many types from 20 bucks to hundreds of dollars for brands like Fluke etc.

They have 3-phase power meters on the power buses in the labs where I work. I'll see if I can get some info off the meter modules.

- zed

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:33:33 AM

clamp meter was one of the tools i bought when i started mining..mine was a not so fancy 40$ range newstar brand and it is still fine after 2 years..

if you want to get fancy and have an external lcd screen always displaying information , you might want to use a wattmeter that displays amps,volts,watts and consumption (everything is there already)

personally i don't see an advantage of always displaying the current in the wire, as long as you know the wire cannot be overloaded by the load..it is only knowing what's up with the load, sometimes i simply touch the wire and think "is it getting warm?"
Umberg

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:33:57 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEs2FM1IfgT/?taken-by=hashcoins

Go on - coin my day!
Hausi

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:50:42 AM

is it worth to make an rig next month? i pay about 0.08 cents per kw/h
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.