Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 02:03:24 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1 gpu now 11gpus 5rigs for Ethereum. 45 days of mining. Photos thoughts.  (Read 49171 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1918

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:50:19 PM

Great thread phillip, can't believe I've taken so long to get around to looking at the Mining (Altcoins) thread again. I had to do a double take on your post saying you downsized instead of going asic-purchase crazy like you did back in the day Smiley

Feeling a bit inspired atm and looking forward to seeing what kind of system(s) I can piece together when I get back stateside.

well  at 59 I can't work as hard as I did. Plus the wife is retired soI need to give her more time.

The gpus are all out of the house and sold.  So a 10-14 day no gpu mining time for now.

I will set up the 3rd and 4th   s-9's at the array this week.

Then get back to buying the r9 480's

I am hoping to do the big order from provantage 50x of them.  I am still waiting for the order number skew to hit their system.  I hope to get a 10-20% discount if the cards are a hot item.

How much profit did you make from the GPU mining rigs?  I think you sell them as the gaming rigs? Right?

I sold 2 gaming rigs to my friend in the brooklyn navy yard.
I earned about 120 eth coins
I spent about  400 in power.
I sold about 15 cards here.

I am about 600 net. profit at the moment, but I have 6 paid for rigs that can handle 15 new cards.
 So when the new cards arrive at the end of June
if the large card purchase from provantage  is a fail

I will buy 3 for 600 I would be exactly even and then mine and expand again but with new cards.

I ended up selling the gpus here to prep for the newer cards and partly due to the   eth-dao crash.

worst case I am a small winner and don't mine gnu coins for a long time.  I will track and watch eth and btc.

hoping for a bounce back in eth.

I am pretty sure I am getting at least 2  r9 480's even if  eth is not doing that well.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ps_jb

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:25:51 PM

Phil,

Is it safe to sell cards here on the forum or better to use Ebay?
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:15:02 PM

Phil,

eBay is full of scammy buyers.

You may get more for the card but there are a lot of buyers that lie.

Here if you are paid in btc you can not be forced to do a refund .

Me I know I am honest so I sell here and I do buy on eBay.

I buy here if I know the seller well.

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
ps_jb

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:45:00 AM

Unfortunately the same is everywhere Sad

I will try Ebay first
citronick

Activity: 798

winter*juvia

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:52:43 AM

Phil,

Philip, is it advisable to sell to "gpushack.com"?

I had a big dispute with a seller in ebay - i never got my goods - after complaining to ebay a zillion times - after 4 months, they decided to refund my credit card transactions, after I said I am going to take legal actions... so no more ebay for me.

Apparently scammers make a living cheating people in ebay - worst thing is ebay seems to allow them to continue !

Citronick's Beer & Chicken Wings Fund : 32oo5tk1RfTbndrUjWvHJ9yT3bb2EyQYkq
citronick

winter*juvia

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:04:34 AM

Phil, got this news from my local supplier... yummy news this. what do you think?

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-2/

AMD is launching a new overclocking tool for the RX 400 series with voltage control, oh and the RX 480 is capable of 1.5Ghz+ clock speeds. You heard that right folks! We got a good one for you today. We shared the impressive performance figures for AMD’s reference designed RX 480 4GB & 8GB cards just a couple of days ago, both of which came out ahead of the R9 Nano & GTX 980. It’s about time we dove into the overclocking aspect of the red team’s latest Radeon graphics card retailing on the 29th of June.

AMD’s $199 RX 480 Is Even More Impressive When Overclocked:
With the Radeon RX 480 and the RX 400 series in general AMD wants every user to be able to extract even more value out of their RX 400 series graphics card. Beyond what they’d normally get straight out of the box. The key to achieve this is to make overclocking more accessible, more convenient and more valuable. This is where AMD’s new overclocking tool will play an instrumental role in supercharging the bang behind every buck.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-2/#ixzz4CHl97MSJ

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:12:11 PM

Phil,

Philip, is it advisable to sell to "gpushack.com"?

I had a big dispute with a seller in ebay - i never got my goods - after complaining to ebay a zillion times - after 4 months, they decided to refund my credit card transactions, after I said I am going to take legal actions... so no more ebay for me.

Apparently scammers make a living cheating people in ebay - worst thing is ebay seems to allow them to continue !

I do not know gpushack.com  so I can not advise.

here I am on ebay.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=philipma1957

I do not use them like I used to as they are less honest then they used to be.

I estimate 10% of sales I make go wrong due to bad buyers.
I estimate   5% of buys I make go wrong due to bad sellers.

citronick

winter*juvia

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:04:10 PM

I mine at ethpool

This morning I noticed that after the DOA hack, the diff level seems to eased up (lower diff)

I think my rigs are able to meet the credit required for 5 ETH, faster than normal time

this means, mining has dropped?

Is this assumption true?

Those who are mining at ethpool or ethermine, I noticed that they have put a "VOTING" tab.

Anybody see something like this in other ETH pools?

The are polling for members to decide HARD FORK or SOFT FORK...

Phil, have you seen that?

Looks like the miners will decide if HARD or SOFT FORK is the answer to recent DAO hack.

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:13:07 PM

I think eth coin has been stabilized for now.  I am offline waiting for the 480's to be offered.

I have room for 15 cards.

If I were to vote I would vote soft fork.  Not mining so can't vote.

Tamilson

Activity: 367

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:06:39 PM

I think eth coin has been stabilized for now.  I am offline waiting for the 480's to be offered.

Maybe soft fork to lock all the DAO? Those DAO are moving around by both the white and black hackers, very annoying.

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:23:14 PM

Maybe soft fork to lock all the DAO? Those DAO are moving around by both the white and black hackers, very annoying.

I pretty much decided the dao part is really not so good.  so I sold my 1000 dao weeks ago.  Kept mining the eth coins  until last week.  but I kept every rig minus the gpu cards sold.  So I can pretty much fill the rigs with r9 480s on the 29th or so.

ps_jb

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:18:07 PM

I pretty much decided the dao part is really not so good.  so I sold my 1000 dao weeks ago.  Kept mining the eth coins  until last week.  but I kept every rig minus the gpu cards sold.  So I can pretty much fill the rigs with r9 480s on the 29th or so.

Due to really big dip on BTC - exchange rate on ETH is pretty good (BTC/ETH pair)

So I still mine it

Dadiansun

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:23:39 AM

From the current information available, I might buy the 470 instead of the 480. But we need more information about 470.
ps_jb

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:40:39 PM

From the current information available, I might buy the 470 instead of the 480. But we need more information about 470.

By the moment it will be released you can ROI on R9 390 (with selling used card)
asdalani

Activity: 616

"Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!"

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:32:30 PM

By the moment it will be released you can ROI on R9 390 (with selling used card)

I bought some R9 390 in early March this year. It will take about 4 months to ROI without selling the card.

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░▀░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:42:19 PM

Well I am looking to get an email from provantage on mon-tue next week about the 50x gpu order.

So far eth coin looks really good at $14 usd a coin

I would love to see some real world numbers  before I order 50 cards.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:12:03 AM

Well I am looking to get an email from provantage on mon-tue next week about the 50x gpu order.

So far eth coin looks really good at $14 usd a coin

I would love to see some real world numbers  before I order 50 cards.

i guess the real question is are you going to get reference cards or wait till aftermarket cooler cards come out?

im looking to pick up 2.. if you get a good deal on the 8gb ones let me know.
Tmdz

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 01:58:45 AM

Jesus dude you're buying 50 gpu cards!!??

What happened to "I will never go back to my 23 gpu  11 pc days"  and deciding to double that  ?  
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:30:34 AM

Jesus dude you're buying 50 gpu cards!!??

What happened to "I will never go back to my 23 gpu  11 pc days"  and deciding to double that  ?  

well 15 are for me  and 8 of those will be at the solar array. as I will do 2x  4 card builds for the array

the other 35 would be a group buy here.  but it is all in the air as

A) no info from the provantage rep.
B) cards need a decent discount
C) if cards are in easy supply and people can just get them via amazon and newegg the group buy will not be needed.

LoneRangir

Activity: 639

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:31:07 AM

What is the advantage(s) of 8GB cards vs 4GB cards? I'm assuming that the 8GB cards will have a higher premium and/or sell faster.  4GB versions may be easier to come by
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.