Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:40:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Post pics of your Custom GPU Rig Frames  (Read 6655 times)
WarrEagle (OP)

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:30:31 PM

i always prefer wood over metal...

in using metal, sometimes electricity will tickle you if you have contact while fixing and tinkering.

that's because it has not done right, with the motherboard maybe touching something, because everyhting else is isolated

in multiple rigs and multiple gpus, your mind focused on troubleshooting....everyone gets that tickle whether noobs or experts LOL from time to time

even the metal part of the gpus where you screw them to the cage/case/shelf have some electricity..that's a lot of metal contact to insulate..

and people should ground that metal cage/case/shelf..

all that metal is a potential shorting hazard to any electronic contacts btw.

the metal part where you screw the gpu to the top of the frame are isolated, i touched thems many times nothing come from there

just making sure we are on the same page here..this part..

https://i.imgur.com/kp0RBuKl.jpg?1

you will serve as a ground if you don't wear shoes or slippers, your feet is a little bit moist on the cement floor...

or you touch two metals from different gpus or any metal from an electronic device that is plugged in, the current will pass through you..there are cases that you might and might not get the electric tickles..

it is kinda better now that the trend of a lot of gpus now is to have a back plate, some how it protects any electronic contact points there

yes talking about that part, i touchd it many times, even now i can go to my rig and touch it, nothin happen, dunno what kinda of gpu you are using that let electricity pass there

about the black plate yes using g1 gaming here they feel safer for sure

from where you live your electrical cabling must have earthing system or grounding system (with ground wire), here it is only two wires, the live wire and the neutral wire..

these connections are not utilized here.

That is why you get shocked, chassis ground, the pins you do not use, is what all metallic part mounting areas are grounded. If this is floating with no connection to earth ground, you can get shocked and you can die with only 200 milliamps of current.

DELETED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 12:34:36 PM

Looking good Amph!

yeah the photo is not the best, light is very scarse there, i've put it in a corner on the top of a wardrobe, unfortunately i don't have other place for now

and i don't want to sleep with 770w(plus the other rig for gaming that is minign as well with another gpu), too hot already
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:16:43 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 01:26:09 AM by arielbit

i always prefer wood over metal...

in using metal, sometimes electricity will tickle you if you have contact while fixing and tinkering.

that's because it has not done right, with the motherboard maybe touching something, because everyhting else is isolated

in multiple rigs and multiple gpus, your mind focused on troubleshooting....everyone gets that tickle whether noobs or experts LOL from time to time

even the metal part of the gpus where you screw them to the cage/case/shelf have some electricity..that's a lot of metal contact to insulate..

and people should ground that metal cage/case/shelf..

all that metal is a potential shorting hazard to any electronic contacts btw.

the metal part where you screw the gpu to the top of the frame are isolated, i touched thems many times nothing come from there

just making sure we are on the same page here..this part..

https://i.imgur.com/kp0RBuKl.jpg?1

you will serve as a ground if you don't wear shoes or slippers, your feet is a little bit moist on the cement floor...

or you touch two metals from different gpus or any metal from an electronic device that is plugged in, the current will pass through you..there are cases that you might and might not get the electric tickles..

it is kinda better now that the trend of a lot of gpus now is to have a back plate, some how it protects any electronic contact points there

yes talking about that part, i touchd it many times, even now i can go to my rig and touch it, nothin happen, dunno what kinda of gpu you are using that let electricity pass there

about the black plate yes using g1 gaming here they feel safer for sure

from where you live your electrical cabling must have earthing system or grounding system (with ground wire), here it is only two wires, the live wire and the neutral wire..

these connections are not utilized here.
https://i.imgur.com/bAf2Fgi.jp

That is why you get shocked, chassis ground, the pins you do not use, is what all metallic part mounting areas are grounded. If this is floating with no connection to earth ground, you can get shocked and you can die with only 200 milliamps of current.

these old electrical lines here were made without grounding...i could make one for my rigs, i know a good ground here.

i've been tickled a lot of time in my lifetime lol, don't worry it's a good experience and i know what i'm doing and these type of lines are widely used here.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:33:49 AM

@arielbit A quick and dirty grounding trick that I used way back when, was to make a connection to a old metal heater installed in the room. It is grounded so connecting to it grounded the equipment that I had. I think I had a old computer, ungrounded, and had a humming background noise while listening to music. By doing this "foolish" hack, the humming went away. I'm not sure connecting high wattage usage mining rigs to a heater is the right way to go, but maybe it's worth trying out if you tend to get "tickled" every now and then.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:08:16 AM

@arielbit A quick and dirty grounding trick that I used way back when, was to make a connection to a old metal heater installed in the room. It is grounded so connecting to it grounded the equipment that I had. I think I had a old computer, ungrounded, and had a humming background noise while listening to music. By doing this "foolish" hack, the humming went away. I'm not sure connecting high wattage usage mining rigs to a heater is the right way to go, but maybe it's worth trying out if you tend to get "tickled" every now and then.

most likely the electricity that's leaking to the ground of your audio's ground is causing the disturbance/humming/noise..

there is no heater here, the metal window grill is here is a good ground..how do i know it? i use the live 240V wire and used that ground as a neutral to run a 1000w flat iron runs (at full heating)...typically a not so good ground can run an electric fan or a TV, but not 1000W or more load... somehow i think the metal grills must have been connected to the metal intertwined underneath the cement and connecting into the foundation.

in our place, digging the soil at about 1 meter depth it is already moist or watery...ground here is good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: