Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Litecoin Survive the Innovation Wave  (Read 992 times)
prettybuds (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:23:44 PM

Litecoin. A phenomenon. A copy of Bitcoin, slightly modified, the number 2 marketcap-wise. Was heavily pumped by the Chinese at some point, up to $50 +. Yet now, in the year of 2016, Dr. Emmett Brown reminds us that the Innovation Wave of cryptographic technology and decentralized applications is becoming an exciting and defining new trend. Back to the future, we have before our eyes a wave of innovation that will bring about changes that have never been possible before. Can archaeological technology survive in this storm of unprecedented change? Will it be blasted off to extinction by new social phenomena of digital applications that will for the first time ever change social structures on a deeper level?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finitemaz

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:36:29 PM

Litecoin is here to stay Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:46:08 PM

Litecoin. A phenomenon. A copy of Bitcoin, slightly modified, the number 2 marketcap-wise. Was heavily pumped by the Chinese at some point, up to $50 +. Yet now, in the year of 2016, Dr. Emmett Brown reminds us that the Innovation Wave of cryptographic technology and decentralized applications is becoming an exciting and defining new trend. Back to the future, we have before our eyes a wave of innovation that will bring about changes that have never been possible before. Can archaeological technology survive in this storm of unprecedented change? Will it be blasted off to extinction by new social phenomena of digital applications that will for the first time ever change social structures on a deeper level?

It's hard to tell. If ethereum and smart coins are proven to be able to scale and work as they say they will then perhaps LTC and BTC will need to adapt or sink.

However, the most savvy people on this board are saying it is unlikely that these new coin will be able to scale for mass usage so we will have to see.

If they are all just fantasies that will not work once put to the real test then no LTC and basic coins will not be crushed by lack of gadgets they may be crushed by lack of marketing though.

Nobody knows. Hedge your bets.

BTC will make a big come back if they make changes most are calling for right around the time of the halving. I am hoping for +1000 usd prices again. Not because i have many btc but rather because the huge price jumps always attract more interest in crypto.

Grctest

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:06:31 PM

Litecoin doesn't even have a counterparty fork.. it's a dead clonecoin. There are dozens of new cryptocurrencies that dwarf litecoin in functionality and innovation. Litecoin had faster block times than bitcoin and ASIC resistance - now ASIC resistance is gone and block timings are a joke compared to Bitshare's 5 second block timing.

The only thing it's got going for it is the current liquidity & ranking on coinmarketcap. The bubble will pop.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:58:08 PM

Why Litecoin can't innovate?
shitcointalk101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:08:08 PM

I trade LTC/BTC pair and it pays well, low risk. I don't touch ethers and dashies or other seasonal coins. Those come and go.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:35:32 PM

Yes. It's Litecoin. Enough said.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:51:49 PM

Yes. It's Litecoin. Enough said.

This. Litecoin whales likely don't care about development or even know this forum exists. If LTC were to perish, it would have done so at $1 about a year ago. It's been sideways with remarkable volume for the last 4 months.

Man, I hate stability.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
prettybuds (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:17:42 PM

Because it's Litecoin. It's an asset held alive by its holders.
D3ViL

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:45:06 PM

Because it's Litecoin. It's an asset held alive by its holders.

Litecoin developer Charlie Lee is the single person who said “Litecoin does not need development right now.” Rather, he said, the coin needed users, liquidity, and merchant acceptance to succeed in the long term. However, the coin has struggled to achieve any of those aspirations, and the bitcoin price decline has weakened faith in the cryptocurrency industry as a whole. Consequently, investors have begun losing faith in altcoins, and in turn the litecoin price is bottoming out. when that improves Litecoin will improve
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:49:36 AM

sorry what "Innovation Wave"  Huh

oh you mean the term 'innovation' that's used to pump 1001 coins/platforms etc ?

really what do we need in a p2p currency?

the only innovation that's needed it simplification which is the exact opposite to what all the so called 2.0 coins/platforms are doing.

all the newbies think its "innovation or bust" when p2p currency is "innovation or bust trust" and I'll take trust any day over innovation.

as i've said before tis currency not a mission to mars.

LiskCryptoFan

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:16:07 AM

oh you mean the term 'innovation' that's used to pump 1001 coins/platforms etc ?

the only innovation that's needed it simplification which is the exact opposite to what all the so called 2.0 coins/platforms are doing.

all the newbies think its "innovation or bust" when p2p currency is "innovation or bust trust" and I'll take trust any day over innovation.

I don't know, ask all the businesses that decided to pass on Litecoin. Ethereum has achieved more mainstream traction than Litecoin could ever dream. Litecoin was a cute project for it's time, now it's bagholders that are hoping for another miracle. I can't tell if it's funny or just plain sad.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:08:50 AM

I don't know, ask all the businesses that decided to pass on Litecoin. Ethereum has achieved more mainstream traction than Litecoin could ever dream. Litecoin was a cute project for it's time, now it's bagholders that are hoping for another miracle. I can't tell if it's funny or just plain sad.

Firstly no crypto has mainstream traction.

Eth is getting a few minutes of fame within the crypto community because of its price pump (nothing more the the greater fool theory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory).  mostly off pseudo news like the microslop azure bs (which accepts any crypto that signs up).

ask anyone outside of the very small crypto community if they've heard of Ethereum  Huh mainstream traction lol

so called innovative coins are their own worst enemy, ie none will gain any traction due to the fact their entire crowd will move on to the next flavor of the month innovative coin  Shocked

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6758

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:19:33 AM

I trade LTC/BTC pair and it pays well, low risk. I don't touch ethers and dashies or other seasonal coins. Those come and go.
How is that possible when both coins are sideways. 

OP, litecoin will be one of the last altcoins to die off.  There are so many that are beyond their shelf life.  Don't we want stability in our cryptocurrency?

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████