60 - 10 (5.6%)
80 - 5 (2.8%)
100! - 8 (4.5%)
125!! - 7 (4%)
1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 44 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 177

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [poll] - when will the rally end?  (Read 3421 times)
Jaques

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 12:41:19 PM

What's your source on the cracking down of SR?

yeah, source please!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaques

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 12:47:36 PM

Would not be surprised to see a run at the so called "all time high" followed by a solid dump designed to trap bears.

that's what i expect, bumpy run-up just a bit above ath and then a big bear-trap ...
fibo-retracements may help to find a good re-entry point then ...
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 01:58:17 PM

agree with the guy with the big text, even if he is totally annoying
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 05:32:21 PM

95.7% think price will continue to go up
20% think price will reach 1000, b4 it crashes.

lol wonderful!

Grin

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:36:30 PM

95.7% think price will continue to go up
20% think price will reach 1000, b4 it crashes.

lol wonderful!

Grin

otoh, you're getting further and further behind.  it'll take an epic crash just for you to get back in under your average selling price.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

otoh, you're getting further and further behind.  it'll take an epic crash just for you to get back in under your average selling price.

It is unfortunate that he didn't actually short... just sold some of his own holdings. Feeling the pain of a real short would do him good imo.

i was meaning to comment on that.  it is irritating to hear him say he's "short".

i did read the debate on "short" vs "long" and i know what some mean when they say you're short by virtue of the fact that you're not long. 

but that leaves out another investment term that is often used and that is being "flat".  meaning you don't have any position at all which is what Adam really is.

you're absolutely right, if he was really short, he'd be more than just crying right now.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 06:17:33 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2013, 06:33:16 PM by adamstgBit

otoh, you're getting further and further behind.  it'll take an epic crash just for you to get back in under your average selling price.

It is unfortunate that he didn't actually short... just sold some of his own holdings. Feeling the pain of a real short would do him good imo.

i was meaning to comment on that.  it is irritating to hear him say he's "short".

i did read the debate on "short" vs "long" and i know what some mean when they say you're short by virtue of the fact that you're not long.  

but that leaves out another investment term that is often used and that is being "flat".  meaning you don't have any position at all which is what Adam really is.

you're absolutely right, if he was really short, he'd be more than just crying right now.

I sold some, thinking if the market ever takes a turn for the worse, i will have some money to buy in low and reduce my avg price... because i believe in bitcoin, no matter what the price is doing.

whats irritating is hearing that FOR SURE bitcoin will be worth way more next year no matter what happens... its not true... speculative bubble will pop if bitcoin doesn't grow as expected... while alot of people here are blinded by $_$, I put away my emotion long ago, and understand the risk is HUGE! ... and make no mistake... I'm in deep!

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:27:57 PM

whats irritating is hearing that FOR SURE bitcoin will be worth way more next year no matter what happens... its not true... speculative bubble will pop if bitcoin doesn't grow as expected... while alot of people here are blinded by $_$, I put away my emotion long ago, and understand the risk is HUGE! ... and make no mistake... I'm in deep!

It is good to know that you still have a healthy holding.
I only found out about bitcoin in Dec 2012. It was Christmas eve and I was looking for a card and saw a mag with a bitcoin on the cover. Didn't even buy it, just made a mental note to research it. Fortunately I was able to load up in early Jan.

There will come a time (which might already be here) where early adopters who got in at a low average price, will never improve on that average price. Like those who bought Apple shares at $20. So the only continuing options are to just sit back and enjoy the ride, or to increase one's holding during significant dips.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 08:47:38 PM

i was meaning to comment on that.  it is irritating to hear him say he's "short".

but that leaves out another investment term that is often used and that is being "flat".  meaning you don't have any position at all which is what Adam really is.

I sold some, thinking if the market ever takes a turn for the worse, i will have some money to buy in low and reduce my avg price... because i believe in bitcoin, no matter what the price is doing.

You are smarter than the rest, so much blind faith around here. The risk is huge and this thing is coming right back down. 27-31 would be my guess. Of course it can go higher there is no telling how long people will believe a lie. If you are in truly deep like you say I would think about selling soon. Just my 2 cent.

It is going to be hard to time the top. There will be lots of crying soon. First denial the accepted then hissy fits.

I believe in the idea of btc ( it is truly a beautiful idea) I just dont like the execution. It needs stable, real, market, pricing and it needs to be treated as currency not a commodity. I will say it one more time BTC is in a bubble the price is way out of line.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:16:36 PM

It needs stable, real, market, pricing and it needs to be treated as currency not a commodity. I will say it one more time BTC is in a bubble the price is way out of line.

Yeah, preferably centrally governed, right? Welcome to the actual free market, stop jumping to silly conclusions, just observe if you are not participating.

i am satoshi
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:51:06 PM

It needs stable, real, market, pricing and it needs to be treated as currency not a commodity. I will say it one more time BTC is in a bubble the price is way out of line.

Yeah, preferably centrally governed, right? Welcome to the actual free market, stop jumping to silly conclusions, just observe if you are not participating.

I participate. I Sell btc and yes I am for the free market. Btc is not a free market it is a manipulated market. BTC temporarily enjoys a monopoly, that will change. The same people who cry about the gold and silver manipulation are manipulating the btc market. Soon... It will crash soon. And we will see who is not participating. I am in digital currency for completely different reasons that the community on a whole. I am in it because I believe in it can be a force for good for all the world. I am so crazy I think it can topple government, financial industries and stop war (very crazy I know). Most of this community doesnt know their ass form a hole in the ground and are in it because they are greedy, selfish, speculators. I am in it to change the world whether or not make a ton of money.
BTC is a free market you cant even get f!@#ing BTC.     
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

Most of this community doesnt know their ass form a hole in the ground and are in it because they are greedy, selfish, speculators.

Hehe, experience told me that if you start pointing a finger, then you will soon have 3 fingers pointed at you. Smiley
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:01:33 PM

Time is now!  Garb as much as possible!  Then afterword, everyone just clam down.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
notme
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:12:55 PM

I participate. I Sell btc and yes I am for the free market. Btc is not a free market it is a manipulated market. BTC temporarily enjoys a monopoly, that will change. The same people who cry about the gold and silver manipulation are manipulating the btc market. Soon... It will crash soon. And we will see who is not participating. I am in digital currency for completely different reasons that the community on a whole. I am in it because I believe in it can be a force for good for all the world. I am so crazy I think it can topple government, financial industries and stop war (very crazy I know). Most of this community doesnt know their ass form a hole in the ground and are in it because they are greedy, selfish, speculators. I am in it to change the world whether or not make a ton of money.
BTC is a free market you cant even get f!@#ing BTC.     

And there it is.  Now that I know where you stand I can relate to most of your frustration with the bitcoin community.

I'm just not sure why the infrastructure is giving you such trouble.  I have been here for quite some time so it seems easier than fiat banking to me.  I would be interested in hearing some constructive ideas on how those of us that can build these things can make it easier for nontechnical users.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:26:24 PM

It is already becoming too simple. my non-techie friends in various parts of the world bought coins with no hand-holding in a matter of hours (first time), given a link to a local exchange. It for sure is an order of magnitude simpler than getting a bank account.

i am satoshi
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 12:11:37 AM

It is good to know that you still have a healthy holding.
I only found out about bitcoin in Dec 2012. It was Christmas eve and I was looking for a card and saw a mag with a bitcoin on the cover. Didn't even buy it, just made a mental note to research it. Fortunately I was able to load up in early Jan.

There will come a time (which might already be here) where early adopters who got in at a low average price, will never improve on that average price. Like those who bought Apple shares at $20. So the only continuing options are to just sit back and enjoy the ride, or to increase one's holding during significant dips.

I agree with you,
I'm just hoping for the best, while preparing for the worst...

vssa

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 07:05:09 AM

The time to tell your 'friends' about bitcoin is OVER
Fuck them if they cant understand!
It is now time to get greedy and garb as much coins as you can while you still can...
The US government is "cracking Down" on SR.... they may win this battle, but we all know they will lose the war!
Its almost over!
Time is now!

BUY BUY BUY

....  Grin

Who is selling?(lol, this kind of buying enthusiasm is my q to sell  Shocked )
Not bad for those who bought big amounts at 2-4 USD;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131065.700;topicseen
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

the last time we re-entered the overbought (red) after crossing the centerline but not reaching blue, there was a significant correction.

you were warned.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:54:51 AM

the last time we re-entered the overbought (red) after crossing the centerline but not reaching blue, there was a significant correction.

you were warned.

Man, we corrected a day of gains. You are such a prophet.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:58:32 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 02:15:11 AM by arepo

Man, we corrected a day of gains. You aregot such a prophetprofit.

i guess you didnt have your bids in position? Tongue

i don't think you'd be complaining.

plus, the knife reached almost to $21. thats a lot more than a few days' gain.

edited

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: