Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying gold with Bitcoins?  (Read 4747 times)
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:48:18 PM

Ordered some gold from 2weiX. Will report back how it goes Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shiftybugger

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:03:28 AM

Anyone know of a bullion seller who accepts bitcoins AND has some kind of escrow facility?

My experience so far with buying bullion with bitcoins is that once the seller has your bitcoin they have no obligation towards you and you have no recourse at all.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:31:57 AM

Anyone know of a bullion seller who accepts bitcoins AND has some kind of escrow facility?

My experience so far with buying bullion with bitcoins is that once the seller has your bitcoin they have no obligation towards you and you have no recourse at all.

I sold a few ounces of gold recently and the buyer used Tangible Cryptography for the escrow. No legitimate seller would object to going through escrow since the buyer usually pays for it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

That's always the case with Bitcoin, be it an ounce of $foo on SilkRoad or a moneyclip from Finland.

However, if you're ordering from someone who is/has a "real" company, registered within the confines of (say, European) mercantile law, you're really no worse off than when ordering and paying in advance with Euros or Dollars.

That being said, I can understand your need for escrow. I myself have never used it, I have *always* demanded my customer send the BTC first and there hasn't been a single one who hasn't received his goods in full and on time.

When you're not doing "meet-me-at-the-7/11-at-10-past-9pm" deals, you shouldn't *need* escrow. That (for one instance) is what #bitcoin-otc is for (this is me).
robertprosper

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

That's always the case with Bitcoin, be it an ounce of $foo on SilkRoad or a moneyclip from Finland.

However, if you're ordering from someone who is/has a "real" company, registered within the confines of (say, European) mercantile law, you're really no worse off than when ordering and paying in advance with Euros or Dollars.

That being said, I can understand your need for escrow. I myself have never used it, I have *always* demanded my customer send the BTC first and there hasn't been a single one who hasn't received his goods in full and on time.

When you're not doing "meet-me-at-the-7/11-at-10-past-9pm" deals, you shouldn't *need* escrow. That (for one instance) is what #bitcoin-otc is for (this is me).

Good enough answer for me. Can you source gold sovereigns?
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 12:39:23 PM

Good enough answer for me. Can you source gold sovereigns?

I sure can.
Let me finish the transition to our new server / new shop and I will include them in the portfolio!
shiftybugger

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:26:58 AM

While I agree with you in theory, it has turned out quite differently for me in practice. While this company is apparently incorporated in the US, I am left with little recourse as a non US citizen.

Normally I'd have some recourse through the payment channel, be it Paypal or CC chargeback. With these options removed, I'm left with little recourse.

I had taken for granted the security that credit cards provide for international purchases.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 09:29:39 AM

While I agree with you in theory, it has turned out quite differently for me in practice. While this company is apparently incorporated in the US, I am left with little recourse as a non US citizen.

Normally I'd have some recourse through the payment channel, be it Paypal or CC chargeback. With these options removed, I'm left with little recourse.

I had taken for granted the security that credit cards provide for international purchases.

I am incorporated in Germany, and I'm awesomely legit, FWIW.
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:40:48 AM

Ordered some gold from 2weiX. Will report back how it goes Smiley

Bought several grams of gold from 2weiX (bitcoincommodities), everything went very smooth. Also excellent customer service Smiley Will definitely buy from them again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: