Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Realtime Exchange FEE Calculator  (Read 519 times)
ryny24 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 10:25:48 PM

I started a Google Spreadsheet to calculate & compare exchange site fees, with a real time calculator using JSON to get the current exchange rate (or lowest ASK price) at each site. It isn't finished, but I'd like some feedback before I continue. The only data you need to input is the quantity of bitcoin you wish to buy. Current price/ask rates are updated from each site within a few seconds.

Google's sharing capabilities are lacking, so you will need to make a copy before you can modify the quantity. Just check back for newer versions as it is updated. If you would like to contribute, and knowledgeable with Google scripts, let me know and I'll provide edit permission.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agfu67LVN53NdHdmOVVaX2lhLWQyblBuaF9FYjk2SVE&usp=sharing

Notes..
  • CoinBase isn't working yet, I can't get their API to work yet.
  • BitMe won't format in dollars, working on it..
  • The script uses price only from JSON sources, it does not factor in quantity available (yet)
  • Sometimes the ON EDIT triggers do not copy over, if the exchange prices do re-appear when you delete them, do this..
    • Tools/Script Editor
    • Resources/Current Project Triggers
    • Click here to add one now
    • Select options updateExchangeRate,From Spreadsheet,On Edit
    • Save, close and delete another BTC Price (Cells B4, B10, B14 or B19). These cells show appear immediately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: