Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] My bitcoins disappeared?!  (Read 1268 times)
Slasklitta (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:34:48 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 03:45:38 PM by Slasklitta

Hey! I really need help!!!

I just made a payout from bitcoins.lc on 8,6 BTC. I have my Wallet backed up on a memory stick. So i put the memory stick in another computer, installed bitcoins client and transfered the wallet to the computer. But i cant see the transaction! I still have the other bitcoins on it.
And all of the old transactions are gray'ed out with 0/unconfirmed. And its not redoing all the blocks! It just says "1000 blocks"

Please help!

SOLVED: I removed everything in the Bitcoin directory except for my Wallet. Started the Bitcoin client, downloaded blockchain from May and restarted the client. Waited for about an hour and now i have my coins Smiley
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 02:39:13 PM

I just made a payout from bitcoins.lc on 8,6 BTC. I have my Wallet backed up on a memory stick. So i put the memory stick in another computer, installed bitcoins client and transfered the wallet to the computer. But i cant see the transaction! I still have the other bitcoins on it.
And all of the old transactions are gray'ed out with 0/unconfirmed. And its not redoing all the blocks! It just says "1000 blocks"

Please help!
Ya you have to wait for the blockchain to download!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:49:37 PM

Curiously, is it possible to backup / xfer the blockchain too? e.g. run everything from a USB stick, and then, backup the USB stick instead of just wallet.dat?

USB sticks of 4gb seem cheap enough for this to make as much sense as storing just the small dat on the USB?
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 02:58:42 PM

Curiously, is it possible to backup / xfer the blockchain too? e.g. run everything from a USB stick, and then, backup the USB stick instead of just wallet.dat?

USB sticks of 4gb seem cheap enough for this to make as much sense as storing just the small dat on the USB?
Yes, you can back up the whole data directory. That's what I do.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Slasklitta (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:11:49 PM

Please help!
Ya you have to wait for the blockchain to download!
It was downloaded on computer #1, but no sign of bitcoins!

Now i got the computer #2 to download the chain. Im on 127k right now. Going reeeaaally slow. Had to download a bit of the chain Tongue

But, we'll see! Thx btw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: