Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Previously confirmed transactions now unconfirmed  (Read 2702 times)
mollari

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:53:25 AM

Also, update to the latest client version (0.3.23), that is supposed to fix some connection problems:
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16553.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MacFall (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 02:53:48 AM

I'm using the new client. It's still stuck at 8 connections.  Huh

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:01:17 AM

I'm using the new client. It's still stuck at 8 connections.  Huh

You're incoming connection requests are being blocked at some point.  Most likely by a firewall in a broadband router.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MacFall (OP)

Agorist

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 03:09:16 AM

Okay, so how do I address this? (And if the answer is "port forwarding" I'm going to need a total idiot's guide to do it.)

Also, why didn't I have any trouble when I first started bitcoining a couple of months ago?

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:30:47 AM

Also, why didn't I have any trouble when I first started bitcoining a couple of months ago?

That is a very good question.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
InstaGx

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:33:55 AM

That is a very good question.

Not an expert in P2P but:
At least one of the 2 participants needs to be able to accept incoming connections (NAT forwarding, Firewall exceptions etc).

If most of the nodes don't open their ports then some of those that do would need to connect to a lot more than the current maximum (about 60? I doubt the client tries to connect to more).

The new version might have changed in a way that you connect to max 8 other nodes on your own and wait for additional 52 connections on the incoming port. Just guessing from a technical point of view.

Buy High - Sell Low
MacFall (OP)

Agorist

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 03:14:33 PM

So I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks, but I'm still having the same problem.

124703 blocks, 8 connections. Hours later, no new connections.

XIU

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 09:30:26 PM

A flash drive can be very slow, and if I remember correctly there are some people reporting that downloading the complete blockchain can be really slow. If you still have the original datadir you should be able to copy all the files EXCEPT the wallet.dat.
MacFall (OP)

Agorist

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 11:56:23 PM

Should I maybe try installing it on C:\ and then just copying over the wallet from the flash drive?

bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 02:23:47 AM

Make sure to have the latest version and have UPnP ticked...
You can also "cheat" and just download the chain:
http://bitcoin.bluematt.me/bitcoin-nightly/blockchain-nightly/
It's done by one of the developers so it can be trusted a bit, but if your paranoid or worried about ANY risk, download it normally.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: