Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2018, 07:30:20 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sgminer: Baikal Giant X10 / N / B - Open Source - Confirmed OC Giant B!  (Read 3297 times)
Alexander45

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

Hi. Can I run sgminer 5.6.2-BK_cod3gen_MOD it on Baikal mini?? I put it together, but he can't see the Board. 0 devices.

sgminer 5.6.2-BK_cod3gen_MOD - Started: [2018-04-20 04:52:58] - [0 days 00:13:04]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                       
(5s):0.000 (avg):0.000h/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.000/m                                                                 
ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 6  LW: 787  GF: 1  RF: 0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Wolf0
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1002

Miner Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

Been trying to get WOLF. on board since Jan. He doesn't want to tell his secrets.
Isnt Wolf a CN guy? Dont believe those have any interest of ASICs... :-)

I can *do* some hardware design work, forget being interested. Although I'm far from experienced at such.

Code:
Donations: BTC: 1WoLFdwcfNEg64fTYsX1P25KUzzSjtEZC -- XMR: 45SLUTzk7UXYHmzJ7bFN6FPfzTusdUVAZjPRgmEDw7G3SeimWM2kCdnDQXwDBYGUWaBtZNgjYtEYA22aMQT4t8KfU3vHLHG
cod3gen

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:30:43 PM

Hi. Can I run sgminer 5.6.2-BK_cod3gen_MOD it on Baikal mini?? I put it together, but he can't see the Board. 0 devices.

No. Only X10 / B / CN Can be used, even though it includes driver-baikals which seems to be for units like the Mini.

What are those other algos? I looked through this whole thread but didn't see the list. I remember seeing the list posted in the other Baikal x10 thread but not sure which page it was on. The list was from the code of the x10 miner

Groestl and/or Veltor.

I can *do* some hardware design work, forget being interested. Although I'm far from experienced at such.

Hardware is one thing, more interested in firmware at this point, however i haven't been working any more on this after the latest update with more algos.

All limitations seems to be on firmware level. With a better firmware OR knowledge of its features it is possible to both under-/over-volt (X10, B) and under-/over-clock (X10, CN). According to some sources, it seems to be possible to adjust both voltage and frequency at single section (each section contains 8 hashing chips).

Some changes are required for this sgminer to make it work on all algo`s for X10 after latest firmware release, have not looked into it yet.

Like my post? +1 Merit! LTC: LWEAPNb3FmVWcRewa5xu6mKtaQwwHvWZtX ;-)
wholly

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:51:33 PM

it would be excellent to have 400Mhz with myriad groestl (Verge)..... only 300W excellent ROI

asadkyousuf

Activity: 2

View Profile
Today at 04:21:22 PM

Guys, I'm seriously a noob at all this.

I have a question .. hoping you can help.

Is there a way to update the new Nist5 firmware update from Baikal for the X10 without physical access to the machine? You will be saving me a lot of unnecessary time and expense wasted if this is possible.

Thanks a million in advance.

wholly

Activity: 22

View Profile
Today at 04:29:04 PM

I dont know if you can do it via the command prompt etc.

However, I did by pulling out the microSD card and overwriting .

It worked a treat!

However, upgrading is not really worth it!! No better returns
asadkyousuf

Activity: 2

View Profile
Today at 04:40:03 PM

Hey Wholly,

thanks for quick reply but the Nist5 does seem to be giving slightly better results -- atleast its another backup to the quark and qubit...

I'm really hoping someone can tell me a way to upgrade without removing the SD card.. Since its just a software update... there must be a way to do this without removing the card and just by SCP'ing a file or two or more...

cod3gen

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
Today at 06:10:18 PM

Is there a way to update the new Nist5 firmware update from Baikal for the X10 without physical access to the machine? You will be saving me a lot of unnecessary time and expense wasted if this is possible.

If you can mount the updated image on your machine, you can copy contents from /opt/scripta folder to your miner via SCP. You will also need firmware update file which is located on the FAT partition of the image, i cannot remember which script to use on the miner to update the firmware at the moment - maybe someone else remembers it?

Like my post? +1 Merit! LTC: LWEAPNb3FmVWcRewa5xu6mKtaQwwHvWZtX ;-)
tboy32c

Activity: 31

View Profile
Today at 06:22:57 PM

If you can mount the updated image on your machine, you can copy contents from /opt/scripta folder to your miner via SCP. You will also need firmware update file which is located on the FAT partition of the image, i cannot remember which script to use on the miner to update the firmware at the moment - maybe someone else remembers it?

If you don't mind directly editing the miner.conf file for pool settings then only two files are required to be copied:

Updating sgminer and the STM firmware seems to be all that is needed. Both are obviously found in the new image file using something like 7zip to open the archive, then browse to 1.img/opt/bin/scripta/sgminer and 0.fat/GX10.bin. Copy both to your X10, the GX10 file should go in /media/boot. Rebooting should auto-update the STM firmware.

Remember to do
Code:
chmod +x /opt/scripta/bin/sgminer
after you've replaced the old version.

If you want to be able to use the web interface for modifying your pools then a bit more work is required, but I haven't looked into it. After you've copied the new firmware file you can run:

Code:
sudo python /usr/bin/update_fw.py
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.