Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2018, 12:17:59 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Onda D1800 BTC - issue when spacing 3 GPUs out  (Read 18 times)
hackeron

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 10:43:46 AM

The rig specs are:

I tried modding the BIOS on 2 of the GPUs following this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1ZnLLz2qI, the results I got were (this is with the 2 GPUs spaced out):

• Modded: 27.8 Mh/s - 76c - 154W - 1406 RPM
  • Unmodded: 25.7 MH/s - 76c - 154W - 1375 RPM

When I put all 3 GPU cards close together, it does work, but the temperatures immediately jumps to 83c when mining (!!) - this is with all 7 fans installed and I tried both with the case open and closed. These cards do seem pretty thick and there is almost no clearance for the fans Sad - in hindsight, maybe blower style cards would work better in this rig?

In any case, since I only have 3 cards, I thought ok, no problem, I'll space them out. Like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heeeesxr4eecf2z/IMG_9488.jpg?dl=1

However, when I do that, 1 of the cards stops working Sad - I tried both Windows 10 (third card does not show up in NiceHasLegacy) and Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 (it hangs for a few minutes during boot, then boots but using any OpenCL app freezes).

Any ideas how to solve that? - Is there some BIOS setting I'm missing?
BOUNTY PORTALS
BLOG
WHERE BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
MEETS AUTOMATION
SIGNATURE CAMPAIGNS
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
AND MORE!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1000

View Profile
Today at 10:50:03 AM

Hi, you have to add 4 to 7 fans  Grin and close the box.

hackeron

View Profile
Today at 11:03:24 AM

Hi, you have to add 4 to 7 fans  Grin and close the box.
I updated my post Smiley - I have all 7 fans installed and I tried with the case both open and closed. Noise is the biggest concern to me, it needs to be quiet enough to have under my desk and not disturb anyone else around. If that means being able to only use 3 GPUs, that's fine, but I think there's an IRQ issue or something? - because the cards work, but only if at least 2 cards are sandwiched close together Sad - that's the problem I'm trying to solve.
nc50lc

Activity: 322
Merit: 117

∙Self-proclaimed-Genius ㊙️

View Profile WWW
Today at 11:39:34 AM

This is your board, Am I right?

I've checked your reference image, question is: did you installed the cards just like in the image (same PCI-e Slots)?
If so, try to move them one slot above where they sit (PCIe-1,3 & 5 instead of 2, 4 and 6) to check if you got a bad PCI-e slot.

Alternatively, just try all the slots using a single GPU and see if it can be detected.

hackeron

View Profile
Today at 11:47:02 AM

This is your board, Am I right?
https://www.alatortsev.com/content/images/2018/02/IMG_5347-1.JPG
I've checked your reference image, question is: did you installed the cards just like in the image (same PCI-e Slots)?
If so, try to move them one slot above where they sit (PCIe-1,3 & 5 instead of 2, 4 and 6) to check if you got a bad PCI-e slot.

Alternatively, just try all the slots using a single GPU and see if it can be detected.

That is indeed my board.

I tried these combinations:

• 1, 3 and 5 - one card won't work
  • 2, 4 and 6 - one card won't work
  • 2, 5 and 6 - works but high temperatures
  • 4, 5 and 6 - works but high temperatures

I will try putting a single card in each slot to see if there is an issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case because 2, 5 and 6 work and 4, 5 and 6 work, just with high temperatures. Could it be some BIOS setting I'm missing?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.