Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2017, 10:38:33 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero ASIC next from Bitmain?  (Read 403 times)
bytiges

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

I'm thinking about the sudden hashrate increase in XMR, trying to explain it. It's 5 fold increase in a couple of months.

Is it that every GPU migrated from ETH to XMR? I think this is not likely, seeing ETH hashrate. And GPU supply is limited at the moment. There are not enough GPU in production to justify a 5-fold increase in such a small timeframe. Everybody and their parents started mining on the home rig ? Might be, but still, I don't buy it.

What is somebody is using asics. Perhaps preliminary or private development. Think about the D3 and what it is going to do to X11.

And if this is true, who could this be ? My coins would go with Bitmain.

I know, Cryptonote is supposed to be memory intensive and thus not asic friendly. But, 2MB is not that much and asics with such memory exist. The only risk for such an asic would be the hard forks of monero. They could increase the memory size, or maybe not. Many CPU had 2MB of cache and exceeding that would make CPUs unfit for mining.

So, my guess is that we're going to see an ASIC for Cryptonote really soon. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 1288

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:27:36 PM

Roughly $465k worth of XMR is being mined every day. That attracts a lot of people and I'd be surprised if some people hadn't invest a lot of money into R&D'ing some sort of a high speed miner by now.
Insanerman

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:32:20 PM

Roughly $465k worth of XMR is being mined every day. That attracts a lot of people and I'd be surprised if some people hadn't invest a lot of money into R&D'ing some sort of a high speed miner by now.

Thats huge amount, I think thats explains above questions. People are finding opportunity in Monera mining. Miners are wise enough to seek which and where  is profitable of course.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:20:37 PM

Thats huge amount, I think thats explains above questions. People are finding opportunity in Monera mining. Miners are wise enough to seek which and where  is profitable of course.

Only way to secure the block chain is to give miners proper reward. Many coins will face a problem here sooner or later. Monero will not, because it knows that when it comes to information's and money security is most important.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:09:35 AM

GPUs are only a small portion of the hashrate on Monero.

Here's my bag so you don't ask : Bitcoin, tenX, iexec, byteball and pepecash
bytiges

Activity: 14

View Profile
Today at 09:35:52 AM

Well, dare to explain a little ? You mean CPU run on servers or do you mean there are actual ASICs involved (or fpga)?

We've seen a huge increase in few days in the hashing power a few weeks ago. That is why I think somebody has turned on a little private farm with asics.

Currently GPU do not ROI in reasonable time on Monero, unless price doubles in the next 6 months.
KaydenC

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:39:31 AM

Well, dare to explain a little ? You mean CPU run on servers or do you mean there are actual ASICs involved (or fpga)?

We've seen a huge increase in few days in the hashing power a few weeks ago. That is why I think somebody has turned on a little private farm with asics.

Currently GPU do not ROI in reasonable time on Monero, unless price doubles in the next 6 months.

My AMD farm is more profitable on monero than ETH. It might not be worth buying new cards, but people with existing cards are likely switching to XMR.

Check out EscrowMyEther, an Ethereum Dapp that allows buyers and sellers to trade with their choice of escrow agent. Currently beta testing on Ropsten testnet and set to launch in Oct 2017.

Cryptomining shop : http://cryptomininghw.com/
Kompik

Activity: 314

View Profile
Today at 09:58:50 AM

It is because of the ehereum ice age in place, people are switching since it becomes more profitable with GPU. Also because of the low power usage of the algo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.