Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589760 times)
Teress

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:01:37 PM

Hi Everybody:

As a lot of messages I have seen here, I will start stating that I'm new here and new in mining, I started mining on friday, so far great, I have learnt a lot.

Right now I am mining with only 3 ASUS STRIX RX580 8GB OC, I have reduced the GPU clock in 5% and increased the memory clock speed to 2200 MHz, I have got 27.4 MH/s from 24.5MH/s, all this in AMDs Wattman, I had problems with the Asus Aura Light Effects, it seems it mess with the MH/s fluency, It is off and uninstalled now.

I have read about some widely known power adjustments, I understand the idea is to reduce voltage, so reduce power consumption, and increase memory clock speed, so increase MH/s, I have read too about doing it with AMDs Wattman or MSIs AfterBurner, and about bios flashing.

Knowing many has been able to get 29MH/s and 135 Watts of power from this cards, my questions so far are the following:

- There is need to flash a new bios to get the best performance?, if so, how many MH/s could I get?, or power reduction?.
- If I can get similar improvements with AMDs Wattman, which are the parameters I must use?.

Thank you very much for your support.

Carlos

If you're still using Windows (which is about as stable as a house of cards during a hurricane), then you can easily undervolt using MSI AB or whatever. Also, only 27.4MH/s? Those can't be Samsung, are they?

How do you check for memory errors under Linux? I was asking this question few times with no answer Sad
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobjones34

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:19:16 PM

Hi, ive looked eveywhere and cant find an answer.
Could someone please tell me what ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
mean when i look at the miner ?
Cheers

key is stuck on your keyboard

Haha very funny, i did actually check that though,
Anyone else ?
gennadiv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

what's with the Claymore 9.5 not working switched to 9.4 works
Teress

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:27:10 PM

Hi Everybody:

As a lot of messages I have seen here, I will start stating that I'm new here and new in mining, I started mining on friday, so far great, I have learnt a lot.

Right now I am mining with only 3 ASUS STRIX RX580 8GB OC, I have reduced the GPU clock in 5% and increased the memory clock speed to 2200 MHz, I have got 27.4 MH/s from 24.5MH/s, all this in AMDs Wattman, I had problems with the Asus Aura Light Effects, it seems it mess with the MH/s fluency, It is off and uninstalled now.

I have read about some widely known power adjustments, I understand the idea is to reduce voltage, so reduce power consumption, and increase memory clock speed, so increase MH/s, I have read too about doing it with AMDs Wattman or MSIs AfterBurner, and about bios flashing.

Knowing many has been able to get 29MH/s and 135 Watts of power from this cards, my questions so far are the following:

- There is need to flash a new bios to get the best performance?, if so, how many MH/s could I get?, or power reduction?.
- If I can get similar improvements with AMDs Wattman, which are the parameters I must use?.

Carlos

If you're still using Windows (which is about as stable as a house of cards during a hurricane), then you can easily undervolt using MSI AB or whatever. Also, only 27.4MH/s? Those can't be Samsung, are they?

How do you check for memory errors under Linux? I was asking this question few times with no answer Sad

Quite serious ones will appear in the kernel log - so you'd just check dmesg. I'm pretty sure there's a register with the count somewhere in the space, if I directly access the GPU (not bothering with the driver), but there's already SO MUCH awesome shit I can do with this access that I have yet to implement (and I've implemented plenty!) so it's not that high on my TODO list...

So thats it. There is no way for nonterminal gurus to easilly check for memory errors. I am about 25 years Mac user, also have some FreeBSD & Linux servers. I like Unixes and hate Win, but.... For example this little HWinfo64 is really handy and easy to use. I would like to try build a linux miner system but don't want to ruin my cards running them on the edge of millions of hw errors without knowing it...
And the solution to first run them on Win to find each cards limits, then flash those values into their bioses and after that run them under Linux seems a bit uncomfortable, don't ya think? Smiley
salmonmeat

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:38:52 PM

Sooooo was Claymore hacked last night (UK time)? Connection dropped on mine and my housemate's rigs for about 15 mins, we were getting the failed to connect, retrying after 20s error. Since then, for the past 8 hours, my Ether balance has not increased.
CLAYMORE GOT HACKED CONFIRMED! Nice first post!
/s

Claymore is hacked by tons of newbies. Attacked by them in PM too. Maybe I need to create another FAQ for newbies, but most of them will not read it.
Just some quick answers to recent questions:

1. If you think that the miner will mine even if you turn off the router, wait a couple of minutes more, it will stop.
2. Place all command line arguments in .BAT file in a single line. Arguments from the second line will be ignored.
3. Use latest version if you have problems with DCR or SIA.
4. I don't have any private versions with +50% speed.
5. I'm a software developer, so I think I cannot help you to build your mining rig properly or provide you with the list of necessary parts, please ask this question here on forum or search here, there are many threads related to hardware.
6. Please read Readme.txt or original post of this thread for command line samples, options description and FAQ.
7. I don't have miners for Tesla, IBM CPUs, Phi or for very old GPUs.
8. Mining on laptops is a bad idea.
9. You will not see full hashrate on pool immediately, you have to wait for 24 hours at least.
10. If miner cannot generate DAG file, check environment variables (see Readme), check if your GPU has 3GB memory at least, and check if you have enough virtual memory (pagefile). If all this does not help, try to install more physical RAM.

And sometimes I see really interesting messages. Recently I got PM from a newbie account, he found the issue with Pascal nonces from the log file. I was impressed.

LOL you are a legend dude. thanks for your work and please enjoy the 5 cents per day from my little operation... dont hack me pls
linkdefeu

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:39:41 PM

Hello everyone.

I’m a new guy in this forum and i come to expose my big problème with claymore.
I don’t find solution and nobody knows how to help me.

I mine with 6 RX 480 4Go Nitro Sapphire on windows 10.

As you cas see on this picture, i have good result BUT, about FAN, i can’t see all of GPU.
I always see the GPU0 FAN.
I don’t know why, but before i always see all of GPU FANS.

And i use MISafterburer to OC my cards but claymore just OC the GPU0 and not all cards.
I think it's probably because i just see gpu0 fans.

Have you an explication about my problème ?  
I test claymore 9,4, and 9,5 but this problème existe on all claymore version.

Thank you.
Teress

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

Hello everyone.

I’m a new guy in this forum and i come to expose my big problème with claymore.
I don’t find solution and nobody knows how to help me.

I mine with 6 RX 480 4Go Nitro Sapphire on windows 10.

As you cas see on this picture, i have good result BUT, about FAN, i can’t see all of GPU.
I always see the GPU0 FAN.
I don’t know why, but before i always see all of GPU FANS.

And i use MISafterburer to OC my cards but claymore just OC the GPU0 and not all cards.
I think it's probably because i just see gpu0 fans.

Have you an explication about my problème ?  
I test claymore 9,4, and 9,5 but this problème existe on all claymore version.

Thank you.

Uff still the same question for milionth time. Disable crossfire, don't use RDP...
linkdefeu

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:52:38 PM

I don't use crossfire, GPUZ show crossfire is disable.

I d'ont know what is RDP Huh

Edit : After research, RDP is Remote Desktop Connection.
ok !
I test with team viewer et OMG this problème is resolved!

Thank you Cheesy
antiycda

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:57:18 PM

I don't use crossfire, GPUZ show crossfire is disable.

I d'ont know what is RDP Huh

i think the main reason you put the card to the pci-e directly

AlainC

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:58:40 PM

Quite serious ones will appear in the kernel log - so you'd just check dmesg. I'm pretty sure there's a register with the count somewhere in the space, if I directly access the GPU (not bothering with the driver), but there's already SO MUCH awesome shit I can do with this access that I have yet to implement (and I've implemented plenty!) so it's not that high on my TODO list...
I have the same problem. Errors seems to cause incorrect shares.
When Claymore launch watchdog because of hang,  I always spot erreors in the kernel logs (journal -k | grep amdgpu ). It is mostly segmentation faults...
I don't know how you can detect memory errors... it it hardware ECC silent errors counted ? parity errors?
normally uncorrected errors cause bad computation, thus incorrect shares. My rule is that when my watchdog detect incorrect share of GPU hanging, the bios is blacklisted and another selected. Bios don't make two errors, they are fired at the first Grin.
Teress

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:12:03 PM

I have the same problem. Errors seems to cause incorrect shares.
When Claymore launch watchdog because of hang,  I always spot erreors in the kernel logs (journal -k | grep amdgpu ). It is mostly segmentation faults...
I don't know how you can detect memory errors... it it hardware ECC silent errors counted ? parity errors?
normally uncorrected errors cause bad computation, thus incorrect shares. My rule is that when my watchdog detect incorrect share of GPU hanging, the bios is blacklisted and another selected. Bios don't make two errors, they are fired at the first Grin.

I've got one gpu, which make one incorrect share for 2-3 thousands good shares, running 30.7 Mhs. Zero memory errors on hwinfo64. And you would trash its bios? Can't agree..
spyshagg

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:13:02 PM

2% ?  wasn't the fee 1% ?

I know zcash miner had 2%, but not eth...

Its a good miner. Just there are variables around it that show how green this area is.  For instance, In windows 10 with 17.4.4 + rx570, once you start the miner I can no longer modify voltages/speeds on the fly with third party software. As soon as you close the miner, it works again.

Theres also the ordering of gpus. I still dont know how claymore miner determines which gpu is 0 and so on...
GH

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:18:12 PM

Claymore,
the problem with ETHMan 3.1 + Dualminer 9.5
If some rig go down, and then after some time goes up, it dosent restore in ETHMan, on screenshot you see that miner restarted and work, i launched web console and it works already 2 minutes, but ETHMan still show "lost ****". Even after 10 minutes ETHMan dosent see rig. So as it was with ETHMan 3.0, I need restart it to see all rigs stats again.

If you included cryptography and https, then maybe here some trouble with ssl? need to update certificate if connection was lost?

Can confirm this, same problem here.
The last update of EthMan improved the 100% lock after a warning, but a rig which was offline and comes back up is not (always?) shown as alive until EthMan is restarted.
Also the batch action is still not retriggered in case of a persisting failure.

I spent half a day in attempts to reproduce it, but it works fine for me, weird. If you can 100% reproduce this issue I can prepare debug version with logging and send it to you so I can get more info. PM me if you want to participate.
Retriggering: if a rig was lost, BAT file will be executed. If rig is back again and then again will be lost, BAT will be executed again. What's wrong exactly?

I can not 100% reproduce it. Just had the error again two hours ago. Rig already back online but shown as offline for 2+ hours. But it does not happen always, some additional aspect I don't see at the moment must play a role here. But of course I can try to help if you have a logging debug version for me.

Retriggering: as I already wrote - a single action may not be sufficient to bringt the rig back up. (i.e.: rig hangs - action triggered -> auto-reset rig - if windows boots into recovery mode because it is the x-th reset in a row you are ...... - the rig stays offline waiting for user input until infinity).
So: if an action did not bring the rig back up after the same delay time, it should trigger the same action again and again until the problem is resolved. (Leaving out luxury options like number of max. attempts or configurable follow up delay  Grin)
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:28:39 PM

Quick shoutout for anyone still running v9.3 on Win10 - Defender just decided it was a Trojan and deleted it on my rigs. v9.5 appears to be fine <crosses fingers>...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
BigWolf

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

Hi Everybody:

Carlos

LOL.... "...If you're still using Windows (which is about as stable as a house of cards during a hurricane)..." ~ Wolf0, 2017

thanks for brief grin... needed one.... after the BTC bloodbath last night

27.5mh -- standard 1500 straps -- maybe Elpida memory

possibly SK-Hynix... lucky card this

Use GPUZ to find out memory type

It seems I am Lucky, these are Samsung, just checked.

What I need to change?, which settings must I use?.

Thx very much,

Damn! I thought copy+paste hackjob from 1750 -> 2000 would do better than that on Samsung K4G80325FB. I figured at least 28.5MH/s (which still, for Samsung, is not good) but... wow.

Wolf0, I'm a little confused on the memory issue.  What is the desired memory on the RX480?  Are there any to totally stay away from?  And how can you tell what memory a card has before you buy it.  I search for specs and it's not something that really seems to be listed.  Maybe I'm missing it.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

Wolf0, I'm a little confused on the memory issue.  What is the desired memory on the RX480?  Are there any to totally stay away from?  And how can you tell what memory a card has before you buy it.  I search for specs and it's not something that really seems to be listed.  Maybe I'm missing it.

4GB is more than adequate. If you have 8GB it might hash slightly faster but a lot of the extra memory is not used for mining.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

1060/1070 prices gone crazy in my country, LOL Smiley ETH skyrocket... BTC drops.. My pool went from 7 to 10 TH/s in few days..

What do you think about 570/4GB, will it still be worth it when they restock, if they...? Amazon only shows preorder on all RXses..   

570 4GB will be worth buying if you are lucky enough to find one.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
jackbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:33:56 PM

Quick shoutout for anyone still running v9.3 on Win10 - Defender just decided it was a Trojan and deleted it on my rigs. v9.5 appears to be fine <crosses fingers>...

Just go into Defender and tell it the offending exe, dll, etc is allowed. They came up as trojans because dumbass scumbags use the code in mining bots.

andi1

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:58:54 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 04:30:37 PM by andi1

Guys im having trouble getting the batch file correct i think, would someone be able to give me one to run ive tried all sorts but it just starts up in the black command window then goes straight off. ive tried different pools also  Huh

The weird thing is if i click on the start batch file that comes in claymoores folder it starts up fine and my cards all start hashing on there servers / accounts

im runnning 3 x r380 on win 7 64 bit

Batch files ive tried to use are:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x9793F71eC2f913d01D8564f1F3E4bF73a02a2Cd1.123 -epsw x

and

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x9793F71eC2f913d01D8564f1F3E4bF73a02a2Cd1 -epsw x

and

-o stratum+tcp://us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20580
-u andi1571.home
-p x

#-allpools 1
#-tt 75

and

NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://xmr-eu.dwarfpool.com:8050 -u 0x9793F71eC2f913d01D8564f1F3E4bF73a02a2Cd1
T1

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:03:52 PM

Hi all, new to mining world.
I'm learning the basics of mining

After a little trouble, i set up a win 7 x64 rig with 1 Vaporx 7970 3G and an MSI GTX 780 3G
I'm running EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool http://localhost:8545 -asm 1 -mode 1 -tt 80 -benchmark 1

Total hashrate is 27,8 Mh/s

ATI hashrate 13 Mh/s catalist crimson 15.12
Nvidia hashrate 14,8 Mh/s driver 382.33 cuda 8

Now the questions:
1 - Ati hashrate isn't too low?
2 - Nvidia start ming at 17 Mh/s and after few seconds drops to 14~, maybe the temperature that is around 85°C?
3 - Can you suggest me some trick and options to optimize hashing rate and the cooling of the nvidia card?

Thanks in advance!
Pages: « 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 [589] 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: