Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:09:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589697 times)
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

Hi people,

Can anyobody help me i am going mad.

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

Install Windows 10 64 bit Home V1709
Install new latest AMD drivers (compute mode)
tried MSI Ab but cant read 6 cards
uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?
What Claymore should i use?
Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

msi AB actually supports 8 cards.  Are you using the latest version?  However, I use overdrivenNTool for overclocking. 
The software custom fan control on AB is better so I use AB only for that.

You can actually disable the Windows update by disabling the update service itself
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

Any claymore version should work imo.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LexLima

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:26:02 PM

Hi people,

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

Thanks

msi AB actually supports 8 cards.  Are you using the latest version?  However, I use overdrivenNTool for overclocking. 
The software custom fan control on AB is better so I use AB only for that.

You can actually disable the Windows update by disabling the update service itself
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

Any claymore version should work imo.

Thanks everybody for help,

I will sure try this tool but as i am in business of selling complete rigs customers i sell to are used to simple solutions (few clicks and mining starts).

I am afraid if i start to use this tool which i am sure i will learn how to use, i wont be able to give them support as i do that as a part of my service.Everybody i sell to are used to MSI because mostly those are the people that dont know so much about computers but wants to mine.

About MSI AB i use latest version with latest AMD drivers.

About that windows update i disabled it (first thing i do), i also disabled everything in Task Scheduler which is connected to Windows Update.

What i notices about Trixx is that before he shuts down it seem like something is happening in windows that is causing this shutdowns. Like some programs are opening by themselfs.

Any other soultion guys?

trung297

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:53:02 PM

Does anyone has Claymore start batch with OC settings with each card? I need sample to apply for my rig. RX 580 hynix/samsung. Thank you for your time
Munka9

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

Hello,

for whose with 1060 3G that doesn't work, what drivers do you use? Are you dual mining?

most of my rigs are in 382.53 and one is on 388.00 I think, all on cuda 8.0,  and I have no problem in ETH only.

If you use Linux you will be fine irrespective of divers
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

I've got another solution for you:

1) Overdrive
2) -r 300 at the end of your bat. It will restart each 4 hours

worked for me
Narko666

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:22:30 PM

I will sure try this tool but as i am in business of selling complete rigs customers i sell to are used to simple solutions (few clicks and mining starts).

I am afraid if i start to use this tool which i am sure i will learn how to use, i wont be able to give them support as i do that as a part of my service.Everybody i sell to are used to MSI because mostly those are the people that dont know so much about computers but wants to mine.

About that windows update i disabled it (first thing i do), i also disabled everything in Task Scheduler which is connected to Windows Update.

What i notices about Trixx is that before he shuts down it seem like something is happening in windows that is causing this shutdowns. Like some programs are opening by themselfs.

Any other soultion guys?

overdrivenNTool is easy to use, it might not have a fancy UI but it gets the job done.

You just have to run it once before the miner starts to set the clock and voltages, like I mentioned in my previous reply.

Trixx and Afterburner run in the background all the time, and that might be the reason of your rig crashing.

Eliminating those programs will increase stability.

Try it out, if the problem persists, let us know Wink
RuMiner

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:29:21 PM

Hi, @Claymore! Since 11.2 Windows miner began to crash with no reason. First I thought it's becuase of new kernels, but 11.5 with -oldkerneks 1 does it also. It's very rare, maybe once a week - once a month on different rigs, but it appeared in 11.2. Screen shows standard error window about "application will be closed", Application event log has a record Application Error, code 1000. I'm catching this using scheduler and starting bat again, but I guess some bug came into 11.2...
LexLima

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

I've got another solution for you:

1) Overdrive
2) -r 300 at the end of your bat. It will restart each 4 hours

worked for me

So if i am getting things right?

1. Overdrive - by this you mean overdrivetoll?
2. If i use this it will reset whole miner (close and start again) or it will just reload like when i press R while i am in miner

Sorry if i am boring but i just cant seem to find solution. I will try overdriven tool for sure but i hope MSI AB update their program because all the rigs a sold already months ago was with MSI AB and everything was working just fine. I guess you know how it is when you get used to something it is hard to change especcialy when it comes to computers.

Anyway thank you very much for the time and the advice
LexLima

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

Any other soultion guys?

overdrivenNTool is easy to use, it might not have a fancy UI but it gets the job done.

You just have to run it once before the miner starts to set the clock and voltages, like I mentioned in my previous reply.

Trixx and Afterburner run in the background all the time, and that might be the reason of your rig crashing.

Eliminating those programs will increase stability.

Try it out, if the problem persists, let us know Wink

I am guessing thay cause this problems but on Windows 10 old version eveything was fine. The strangest thing is that i have one rig that was updated by force on Windows 10 1709 and still have Windows Update assistant, I literally didnt change anything and it is working fine for 2 months. Problem began when i started to install fresh version of Windows on my rigs. I read somewhere that if I use miningtweaks. bat for removing Windows Apps (Cortana, Xbox,Mail, People...), Windows UI starts messing up (Windows Defender pop up, Control  Panel Pop Up) but as i watch and monitor rigs i cant seem to catch that moment. Only when i sleep it happens. What an irony i cant sleep at night Smiley))
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2128

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks

Me also experience similar issue after windows update,

What i do:
Uninstall AMD software via control panel
Uninstall (and delete gpu driver) via device manager
Restart
Reinstall newest AMD driver -> switch to compute mode
Install Trixx (since Afterburner seems not compatible after this update)
Restart
All good Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Tr1n1tY

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

Hi, @Claymore! Since 11.2 Windows miner began to crash with no reason. First I thought it's becuase of new kernels, but 11.5 with -oldkerneks 1 does it also. It's very rare, maybe once a week - once a month on different rigs, but it appeared in 11.2. Screen shows standard error window about "application will be closed", Application event log has a record Application Error, code 1000. I'm catching this using scheduler and starting bat again, but I guess some bug came into 11.2...

Mine is also crashing on Linux after about 70 hours, did not crash before 11.4
MinerosYV

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

driver 9.14.10.01293, Crimson Beta for the GPUs
4.4.0 Beta for AF
Claymore 11.5
Remember the patch for the drivers
 Get some 31.4 for eth and 1700 for verge

Got a few Nitros 580 8 gb

Thanks for the answer but i alreadu tried that. For some strange reasong those drivers wont work for me because i can only get 22Mhs. Once i move to new drivers and set Compute mode they jump to 28 MHS. It is like its not working with none of my rigs. Am i doing something wrong? Bios moded, patched, everything by the book

You must be doing something wrong

the patch needs to be aplied before retarting for new drivers

mines have Hynix memory, they have been working for some time now

Usualy when it goes down to 22 means Windows updated and in the process updated the GPU driver

As far as Defender goes an exclusión for the foldres work
Parade

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:49:26 PM

I'm using -cclock and -mclock for my AMD Miner. It was working well for v11.5 until I decided to restart my Windows.

After Windows restart, the Miner is hashing at a slower rate. When I opened Trixx, it's showing the default core clock and mem clock, not the ones in my .bat files.

I did not perform any updates. Does anyone has any idea how to resolve this?
big al

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

After installing the latest AMD drivers you need to run pixel clock patcher for any cards that are BIOS modded
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:59:58 PM

I'm using -cclock and -mclock for my AMD Miner. It was working well for v11.5 until I decided to restart my Windows.

After Windows restart, the Miner is hashing at a slower rate. When I opened Trixx, it's showing the default core clock and mem clock, not the ones in my .bat files.

I did not perform any updates. Does anyone has any idea how to resolve this?

Windows Update could have modified the drivers. Do a DDU in safe mode to remove the current driver, reinstall the latest Adrenaline drivers. If you have RX 470/480/570's with a modded Bios, run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check. You also need to toggle to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

To keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers, disable drivers updates in the Group Policy Editor.

Windows key+R ==> Type gpedit and hit Enter ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
Parade

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:03:40 PM

Windows Update could have modified the drivers. Do a DDU in safe mode, reinstall the latest Adrenaline drivers. If you have RX 470/480/570's with a modded Bios, run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check. You also need to toggle to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

To keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers, disable drivers updates in the Group Policy Editor.

Windows key+R ==> Type gpedit and hit Enter ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

I've disabled Windows Update and driver updates. No update should have been applied during Windows restart.

Anyone else facing this issue? Huh
big al

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:10:19 PM

Try:

- Disabling quickedit mode for console
- using -oldkernels 1
- using v11.0
- Do NOT run GPUZ or HWinfo while mining

- The newest drivers work fine you need to run pixel clock patcher
- Make sure the drivers are minimal install and you do custom install, unclick everything except the drivers

Single mining 10.6
Dual mining 11.0 (might fluctuate), 11.5, or 11.5 with -oldkernels 1

All are stable on my BIOS modded rx580s but each has different results

Use OverdrivenTool instead.  Far better solution

Thanks

We hope so too!  Report back on testing.  Many are having problems with rx580s.
big al

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:16:38 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 06:16:34 PM by big al

Update on my test:

Everything is good except for one small issue.  I am getting 1.5% incorrect shares.  But then I realized I had HWinfo open all night!  This is a tripling of incorrect over v11.0 or v11.5 with oldkernels.  I closed HWinfo and bumped up voltage 5 mv and will retest.  But it seems perfectly stable.  I set it to restart Claymore at below 62 mhs which is very aggressive and it ran all night long.

What you mean by "Disabled all power states in the video card BIOS except the top"? Can you share some picture?

http://www.overclock.net/forum/26417747-post3402.html

See point #2

If you click on P0 to P6 it will turn grey and be disabled.  Now your card will only run in the highest power state.   But beware this increases idle power consumption ten fold!  Do the same for memory.

Does it actually do anything? I don't know.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:38:07 PM

Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks

MSI Afterburner won't work with the latest drivers and more than 3 cards. There is no Group Policy Editor in the Home version of Windows 10, so I don't think you can disable Windows Update driver updates. RX 580's don't need the pixel patcher with a modded Bios, only the RX 470/480/570's.

I'm using v11.5 with the latest Adrenaline drivers in Compute mode on a 13 card RX 480/580 rig with ZERO problems or invalid shares and it's very stable. You can also set the overclock/undervolt/fans directly in the Claymore config or .bat file.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg32024794#msg32024794

big al

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:47:13 PM

Are you running oldkernels? single mining?
Pages: « 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: