Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589751 times)
janding

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:03:53 PM

hihi all

I have updates it to v11.6 but it says

eth stratum connected eth-eu nanopool.org:9999 (unsecure)

Whats with the unsecure part?

I have already read the readme file but i cant find the solution?

can you help me the noob guys Cheesy

its a connection between your miner and the pool, if you want it more secured then use the SSL port

otherwise its a default connection where I also use it

Is it safe to use it "unsecure"?

yeah, what I could do is to set some security of my PC and close some ports one example is -mport options

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

Haha okok but there is nobody who has a solution for the "unsecure" problem who can help me with this

Wtf? The solution is to use ssl pools. "Unsecured" text is just a graphical bling bling to promote users to use ssl pools so you cant cheat his miner, thats all.

Using Claymore miner you might as well use the secure port if you're mining on a pool that supports ssl.
The miner will use the ssl connection anyway no matter which you select if the pool supports it.
You can use the unsecure port 4444 if you want, but the dev fee will use the secure 5555 port anyway.
So on any pool that supports the secure 5555 you're not going to cheat him becuase he is going to dev fee on the secure.
There is no cheat any more because the ssl is encryped and none of the work arounds that used to redirect the dev fee
back to your wallet work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wangusto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

hihi all

its a connection between your miner and the pool, if you want it more secured then use the SSL port

yeah, what I could do is to set some security of my PC and close some ports one example is -mport options

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

Haha okok but there is nobody who has a solution for the "unsecure" problem who can help me with this

Wtf? The solution is to use ssl pools. "Unsecured" text is just a graphical bling bling to promote users to use ssl pools so you cant cheat his miner, thats all.

Using Claymore miner you might as well use the secure port if you're mining on a pool that supports ssl.
The miner will use the ssl connection anyway no matter which you select if the pool supports it.
You can use the unsecure port 4444 if you want, but the dev fee will use the secure 5555 port anyway.
So on any pool that supports the secure 5555 you're not going to cheat him becuase he is going to dev fee on the secure.
There is no cheat any more because the ssl is encryped and none of the work arounds that used to redirect the dev fee

Ah okok so theres nothing worried to about
janding

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:28:31 PM

hihi all

Well, let me make one thing clear, if you use the unsecured port you are opening up yourself for an attack
from the web backbone that can redirect all your shares to their account. It has already happened a few times.
It's not your PC itself that is in jepordy but the link to the pool.

So, my advice is always use the secured port. There is no good reason not to since the miner dev fee is already
going to that secure port.

big al

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

I dont think there has been any change with unsecured ports.  Just in the new version it's reported.  Always try to use the secure ports.  If theres issues then use unsecure.
wangusto

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:31:25 PM

hihi all

Well, let me make one thing clear, if you use the unsecured port you are opening up yourself for an attack
from the web backbone that can redirect all your shares to their account. It has already happened a few times.

So, my advice is always use the secured port. There is no good reason not to since the miner dev fee is already

Can you tell how do i do that me is noob Cheesy
janding

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:40:49 PM

hihi all

Can you tell how do i do that me is noob Cheesy

Show me your .bat start file or the command line you use now to connect using Claymore miner.
fanisk21

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:54:33 PM

Hello guys, i'm having too many memory errors and don't know what to do more. I'm using 1300/2000 clocks that's basically the default ones. Mining ETH i use 1300/2100 and i dont have problems. Also 950 mvddc and cvddc
Jozsi

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:28:43 PM

Hi

Can anybody help me with what might cause claymore to be unable to read the GPU temperature and the fan turned?
And at the same time, the vga parameter settings entered in config.txt will not work!
fully reinstalled Windows 10 pro 64 bit activated official
AMD Driver for: Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.1-March5
AMD settings are set to all hands because it has already worked.
Thanks for your help and sorry if I do not write well for a google translator!
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:31:33 AM

Hi

Can anybody help me with what might cause claymore to be unable to read the GPU temperature and the fan turned?
And at the same time, the vga parameter settings entered in config.txt will not work!
fully reinstalled Windows 10 pro 64 bit activated official
AMD Driver for: Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.1-March5
AMD settings are set to all hands because it has already worked.
Thanks for your help and sorry if I do not write well for a google translator!
Get last DDU, disconnect network, ddu ( safe mode) and reinstall driver ( you may go with 18.3.4 now). Connect  network and try
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:38:23 AM

version 11.4-11.6 doesn't work with 8 NVIDIA video cards in system win7.
just closes when the program starts...
how can you solve the problem?

From what I've read Windows 7 will only manage 6 GPUs, try it out and see if your rig works with 6 cards.
If it works with 6 and not 8 then upgrade to Windows 10.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:30:30 AM

version 11.4-11.6 doesn't work with 8 NVIDIA video cards in system win7.
just closes when the program starts...
how can you solve the problem?

From what I've read Windows 7 will only manage 6 GPUs, try it out and see if your rig works with 6 cards.
If it works with 6 and not 8 then upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 7 has issues with anything more than 4 GPUs - sometimes 5 if you're lucky, and there was a site that showed how to "patch" the drivers to work with more but that site has been down for a while.

I believe the same limit applied to 8/8.1 but I gave up on 8 a couple years ago when the UNUSABLE INTERFACE wasted 6 hours of my time trying to do one SIMPLE thing (FIND the pre-installed mining software and configure it and RUN it) and wouldn't let me do so no matter what I tried, causing me to blow 8 off the system entirely and replace it with XUbuntu (took me perhaps ONE HOUR to do a "from scratch" install, do all the needed updates, install drivers, install mining software, and have the system MINING - and I could have done it faster had I been paying 100% attention to the system).

I recommend a move to LINUX, which is currently running 7 various mixed Nvidia cards on my ASUS B250 Mining board under the 384.98 drivers with no issues (other than a KNOWN "doesn't report the power limit data correctly" bug with 1050 and/or 1050 ti cards but you can still SET the power limit and it works).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
nlpoolscam

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:04:05 AM

hihi all

It just means you're too noob to make cheats work. Cheats still work. Thats what claymore had been trying to solve since implementing 11.2 (I mean every update). the rest are just bling blings and competiion.
janding

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

hihi all

It just means you're too noob to make cheats work. Cheats still work. Thats what claymore had been trying to solve since implementing 11.2 (I mean every update). the rest are just bling blings and competiion.

You're full of it.
You're not cheating using ssl connections.
Try that lame story on some who is not a software engineer like I am.
Man, the crap that some dummies try to claim on these forums is funny.

nlpoolscam

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:58:50 AM

hihi all

You're full of it.

Yeah you can claim whatever you want be in the internet you know.
Triggered yeah?
Fuck noobs all the way.
Did I say we can cheat ssl easily? No. But you can cheat the miner not to use ssl for devfee. Heck you can even use nanopool for the meantime. It means you're really so stupid to not discover it. And now that I mentioned it, expect another update. Cheesy

Fucking amateurs.
janding

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:20:58 AM

hihi all

You're full of it.

Yeah you can claim whatever you want be in the internet you know.
Triggered yeah?
Fuck noobs all the way.
Did I say we can cheat ssl easily? No. But you can cheat the miner not to use ssl for devfee. Heck you can even use nanopool for the meantime. It means you're really so stupid to not discover it. And now that I mentioned it, expect another update. Cheesy

Fucking amateurs.

Hilarious,
You're one of those.
So all people you see as noobs on a forum are automatically not as smart as you.
Sorry punk, you're one comment alone about "can't beat ssl easily" makes you a moron by itself.
You can't beat it at all. So this will be my last post to you.
The old saying that you can't argue with an idiot has been proven again.
Go on in your dummy world and just keep breaking the ssl protocol, I know you can.

Some random nut (you) plops a couple of video cards in a PC and mines using someone else's software feels like he is now software genus.
Dream on.

nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:47:11 AM

Hello guys, i'm having too many memory errors and don't know what to do more. I'm using 1300/2000 clocks that's basically the default ones. Mining ETH i use 1300/2100 and i dont have problems. Also 950 mvddc and cvddc
Don't worry about memory errors, the cards have a built-in error correction. If you are stable and getting no rejected shares - keep it that way.
Half of my cards produce millions of errors per day but work fine.
andreil

Activity: 4
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:03:35 AM

I couldn't find if this was reported before but the fan speed reported is incorrect. Gpu-Z and other software shows a lower fan speed.

It will be great if this would be fixed.
alizali

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:56:22 AM

what is your GPU?
alizali

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:58:00 AM

Don't worry about memory errors, the cards have a built-in error correction. If you are stable and getting no rejected shares - keep it that way.
Half of my cards produce millions of errors per day but work fine.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
you will lose your card very soon
potificate

Activity: 29
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:41:32 AM

Still learning here...

The first page still says "10xx cards in Windows 10 x64: just use latest 372.54 drivers from Nvidia website"

It appears that 372.54 is about a year and a half old. Is that really best or should I use the latest (which is now 391.35)?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: