Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589748 times)
xunl

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:39:30 AM

What is the difference among 3 intensity setting flag?
-li
-ethi
-dcri

I can see
-dcri adjust intensity w/o change hashrate
-ethi adjust hashrate
-li seems similar to ethi, is there any differnce?
-ttli apply li when temperature threshold is reached.

Actually, all these settings will increase or decrease the mining intensity, but in different ways depending on how you want to use them.

-dcri  Used for individual tuning of each GPU for maximum hash rate.
         It will definitely increase or decrease your hash rate depending on how well it is tuned.
         If it is tuned badly then the intensity is actually lower and you will get less hash rate
         but lower temp on that GPU. Tuned well and the hash rate goes up and also the temp. You want this
         tuned to the highest hash rate on each card.

-ethi  Used to set the Max intensity per card. If you set this to the max allowed your cards
         will mine to the maximum intensity allowed by the miner. However, if you have badly
         tuned the -dcri then that card will still not be getting you the maximum intensity.
         Also, the -li if used will lower the intensity if you have it set. And of course  the -ttli will
         also cause the card to use a lower intensity if the temp you have specified is reached.

-li      Used if you’re having a heat problem with a card. It basically decreases the
         intensity of the GPU therefore lowering the heat.

-ttli    Automatically decreases the intensity for a card if the temp you specify is exceeded, that lowers the temp of that card.

Here is the way I think these setting should be used. It is how I do them and I have no issues.
If anyone else has a better or different method I would like to know what it is please.

1st:
-ethi
Set this to maximum value to get the most mining intensity and the highest hash rates.

2nd:
-dcri
Tune your cards to get the maximum hash rate on each card. Each card will probably have a different setting.

3rd:
-ttli
I set this to a temp that I don't want my cards to go above at any time.
I set mine to 75. I don't want any of my cards to go above 75. If for some reason they do
then the miner will automatically reduce the intensity on that card and lower the temp for me.
If this happens you can see it in the logs. Then you can set the -li for that card only to lower
it's intensity so that it doesn't happen again.

4th:
-li
I would only use this to reduce the intensity on a card that was giving me a temp issue
that the other settings did not handle.

If all your cards have slightly high temps after doing this, then the best thing to do is
use the -ethi and lower that number for all the cards. All cards will then mine at a lower intensity
and the temp will be dropped on them all.

These are my opinions and experience of how these setting work.

Edit: Note

All this assumes that you have not overclocked to a point where increasing the intensity will cause you a stability issue.

thanks,

-ethi: default = max hashrate
-dcri: default = auto tune for AMD, not changeble for nVidia (constant @ 30)
-ttli: I didn't set, I use tstop/tstart instead since it works for both AMD and nVidia. Does -ttli work for nVidia as well? If so, I could use -ttli as bridge
-tt 60 -ttli 73 -tstop 77 -tstart 59
afterburn also sets temperature threshold per GPU, once it reaches the threshold, I think it throttles the GPU
-li: never used before, hopefully will never use it
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Havane

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

What is the difference among 3 intensity setting flag?
-li
-ethi
-dcri

I can see
-dcri adjust intensity w/o change hashrate
-ethi adjust hashrate
-li seems similar to ethi, is there any differnce?
-ttli apply li when temperature threshold is reached.

Actually, all these settings will increase or decrease the mining intensity, but in different ways depending on how you want to use them.

-dcri  Used for individual tuning of each GPU for maximum hash rate.
         It will definitely increase or decrease your hash rate depending on how well it is tuned.
         If it is tuned badly then the intensity is actually lower and you will get less hash rate
         but lower temp on that GPU. Tuned well and the hash rate goes up and also the temp. You want this
         tuned to the highest hash rate on each card.

-ethi  Used to set the Max intensity per card. If you set this to the max allowed your cards
         will mine to the maximum intensity allowed by the miner. However, if you have badly
         tuned the -dcri then that card will still not be getting you the maximum intensity.
         Also, the -li if used will lower the intensity if you have it set. And of course  the -ttli will
         also cause the card to use a lower intensity if the temp you have specified is reached.

-li      Used if you’re having a heat problem with a card. It basically decreases the
         intensity of the GPU therefore lowering the heat.

-ttli    Automatically decreases the intensity for a card if the temp you specify is exceeded, that lowers the temp of that card.

Here is the way I think these setting should be used. It is how I do them and I have no issues.
If anyone else has a better or different method I would like to know what it is please.

1st:
-ethi
Set this to maximum value to get the most mining intensity and the highest hash rates.

2nd:
-dcri
Tune your cards to get the maximum hash rate on each card. Each card will probably have a different setting.

3rd:
-ttli
I set this to a temp that I don't want my cards to go above at any time.
I set mine to 75. I don't want any of my cards to go above 75. If for some reason they do
then the miner will automatically reduce the intensity on that card and lower the temp for me.
If this happens you can see it in the logs. Then you can set the -li for that card only to lower
it's intensity so that it doesn't happen again.

4th:
-li
I would only use this to reduce the intensity on a card that was giving me a temp issue
that the other settings did not handle.

If all your cards have slightly high temps after doing this, then the best thing to do is
use the -ethi and lower that number for all the cards. All cards will then mine at a lower intensity
and the temp will be dropped on them all.

These are my opinions and experience of how these setting work.

Edit: Note

All this assumes that you have not overclocked to a point where increasing the intensity will cause you a stability issue.

ethi can be set to 16 max, not 8
armyman

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:08:59 AM

Hi everyone, my miner has been working fine for several days in a row, until all of a sudden it has started mining at 0.000 MH/s, just after switching from Dev mining fee (which is not actually mined but still appear) to the pool where I am mining.

It was really weird as it kept mining for a good 15 minutes at 0.000 Mh/s without restarting or stopping, and even closing and restarting Claymore's software it was still mining at 0.000 Mh/s, while after restarting the miner itself it has started working normally again.

I have searched but it looks like no one has got this issue? All I could see online was people having one GPU going to 0, but not all 6 GPU and the software still going.

Any idea why this happened?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

My rig is made of 5x XFXrx480 8GB GPUs + 1x rx480Nitro 8GB and the batch file is the standard one, as recommended in Claymore's readme.

Any idea regarding this? Thanks
Havane

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:49:54 AM

Hi everyone, my miner has been working fine for several days in a row, until all of a sudden it has started mining at 0.000 MH/s, just after switching from Dev mining fee (which is not actually mined but still appear) to the pool where I am mining.

It was really weird as it kept mining for a good 15 minutes at 0.000 Mh/s without restarting or stopping, and even closing and restarting Claymore's software it was still mining at 0.000 Mh/s, while after restarting the miner itself it has started working normally again.

I have searched but it looks like no one has got this issue? All I could see online was people having one GPU going to 0, but not all 6 GPU and the software still going.

My rig is made of 5x XFXrx480 8GB GPUs + 1x rx480Nitro 8GB and the batch file is the standard one, as recommended in Claymore's readme.

Maybe a windows update.
Try to uninstall the driver with ddu, and install the blockchain driver
armyman

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:01:40 PM

aybe a windows update.
Try to uninstall the driver with ddu, and install the blockchain driver

Thank you for your reply, I have done this just a couple of days ago and the miner was working just fine apart from this problem that I have described.
bithead007

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:47:48 PM

I'm getting a weird 11.6 problem on latest-patched Windows 10 for one rig that has 4 GTX 1060 cards (2 of them only 3GB) and 3 AMD cards (MX570 and 580).  The software starts then crashes after the banner but before any cards are recognized. Zero useful information in the logs or from Windows. Device Manager is clear.  What do I look for?
jeremyismer

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:41:24 PM

I'm getting a weird 11.6 problem on latest-patched Windows 10 for one rig that has 4 GTX 1060 cards (2 of them only 3GB) and 3 AMD cards (MX570 and 580).  The software starts then crashes after the banner but before any cards are recognized. Zero useful information in the logs or from Windows. Device Manager is clear.  What do I look for?

Check your anti virus or windows defender aren't shutting it down. It sounds just like mine when I forget to add an exception.
bithead007

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:48:06 PM

Check your anti virus or windows defender aren't shutting it down. It sounds just like mine when I forget to add an exception.

Thanks but that's not it. I added another exclusion anyway. 

Can you think of anything else to check?  Already reinstalled the Claymore software.

CJ
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:53:14 AM

Can you think of anything else to check?  Already reinstalled the Claymore software.

CJ

Start with basic troubleshoot, use 1 card only, install it on PCIe x16, Uninstall/Reinstall driver, then run miner

if successful then add other GPU's

bithead007

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:10:02 AM

CJ

Start with basic troubleshoot, use 1 card only, install it on PCIe x16, Uninstall/Reinstall driver, then run miner

That's a last effort I think, this was working, and now 2 more miners have since gone down. What's going on with 11.6, some kind of time bomb?

CJ
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:10:42 AM

One one of my new rigs i am using claymore's miner with my GTX 1070 but am only getting 2 MHs. Any ideas?
I've already tried overclocking but its still the same. It's strange because i can mining ZEC at the expected hashrate of. 400+ h/s. Just when mining ETH with claymore that hashrate is so low.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:57:14 AM

One one of my new rigs i am using claymore's miner with my GTX 1070 but am only getting 2 MHs. Any ideas?
I've already tried overclocking but its still the same. It's strange because i can mining ZEC at the expected hashrate of. 400+ h/s. Just when mining ETH with claymore that hashrate is so low.

is the GPU connected to a monitor? try to plug them or remove then observe

how many GPU's of 1070 getting 2mhs?

Are you using risers? try to plug them in PCIe x16 slot

these are only basics that you could try

bithead007

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:12:03 AM

CJ

That's a last effort I think, this was working, and now 2 more miners have since gone down. What's going on with 11.6, some kind of time bomb?

CJ

It seems that after running troublefree for 3 weeks there were 3 machines that all died within 2 hours with 3 different problems.
ArtaxCoin

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:50:36 AM

Great Mining Program.  One of my favorites.   Grin
Dubbeh

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:29:17 AM

Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.

3GB Zotacs DAG file too big again .. thanks for the extra month xx
Jax1979

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:31:23 AM

But today it stop mine on GTX 1060 3gb((

Ceгoдня c yтpa yжe нe дoбывaeт эфиp видeoкapтa gtx 1060 c 3gb нa win10

http://priscree.ru/img/266398352ae8ab.jpg
ziadsa

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:41:49 AM

Hello, is it possible to add Cryptonight light V7,

my favourite software is Claymore, and if you can help us out and add this cryptinight light V7 support, as many coin now use this algo to fight ASIC.
Dubbeh

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:46:28 AM

same here .. it was inevitable .. 3gb zotacs were near end of dag file size

http://priscree.ru/img/266398352ae8ab.jpg

mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:54:46 AM

same here .. it was inevitable .. 3gb zotacs were near end of dag file size

Switch to windows 7 or linux, you'll be good for another while.
potificate

Activity: 29
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:54:29 AM

I want to know i have 2 GPU GPU0 1060 and GPU1 1070ti
want to mine with GPU1 only and and leave the GPU0 Idle what to do?

add -di 1 to your bat file (same line as the rest)
Pages: « 1 ... 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: