Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589757 times)
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 11:36:51 AM

Huh  ShockedHuh Huh Huh Shocked Huh Huh Huh

Why no update claymore miner is the dev dead ?

If it ain’t broken ...!! Grin

Exactly. In my opinion it's because previous updates yielded better results so people like him are hoping for a huge improvement each time and can never get enough. Yet they don't understand that there will always be limitations which are mostly due to the drivers or the equipment itself. Not everything relies on the developer. If it was up to them they would make my GTX 1070's hash at 100MH/s with only 50w from the wall. But it's simply not possible. Yet some people think that with each update it might bring it ever so closer to being a possibility. It's very likely that the program has reached it's most optimal potential already. Yet... they persist that there will always be another which will outshine the previous versions. And so on, so forth.

Based on my experience with updates this isn't always the case. Examples being updates with Windows 10 operating systems. On rare occasions it makes thing so much worse! Or updates to your cellphone operating system. Sometimes drivers or bios for hardware can get botched and mess something up. All because people were crying for an update.

Bottom line, leave good enough alone. There are only so many ways to make a wheel.
Seriously, Claymore is making a fortune based on the work that he already did. What else is he obligated to do? Whether he improves his software or not he's making pretty good money from our 1% devfee's and he doesn't even have to log on to play Tech Support. He can retire... or as Digital_Seytan asked... die (let's hope not) and still have a very nice and somewhat stable income.

Well said and 100% agreed with everything there.

I am not sure why some folks are a little concerned with 1% dev fees. I like how Claymore (and others) remind us .. “if you don’t like it, don’t use it”!

Simple. Write your own mining code and save your 1%. Smiley

But, the fact is many of us are not capable of doing that! So, it’s a fair business!

My problem however is with those wanna-be coders who have copied from certain open-source APIs / codes, closed source theirs and charge 4 times more - and you can’t even keep your rigs up and running for an hour straight!!

Those folks never see a penny (??) from me no matter how much I love certain coins. Instead, I buy them directly!!

Both Claymore and Phoenix deserve to enjoy early retirement! Grin
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 01:26:07 PM

Huh  ShockedHuh Huh Huh Shocked Huh Huh Huh

Why no update claymore miner is the dev dead ?

If it ain’t broken ...!! Grin

Exactly. In my opinion it's because previous updates yielded better results so people like him are hoping for a huge improvement each time and can never get enough. Yet they don't understand that there will always be limitations which are mostly due to the drivers or the equipment itself. Not everything relies on the developer. If it was up to them they would make my GTX 1070's hash at 100MH/s with only 50w from the wall. But it's simply not possible. Yet some people think that with each update it might bring it ever so closer to being a possibility. It's very likely that the program has reached it's most optimal potential already. Yet... they persist that there will always be another which will outshine the previous versions. And so on, so forth.

Based on my experience with updates this isn't always the case. Examples being updates with Windows 10 operating systems. On rare occasions it makes thing so much worse! Or updates to your cellphone operating system. Sometimes drivers or bios for hardware can get botched and mess something up. All because people were crying for an update.

Bottom line, leave good enough alone. There are only so many ways to make a wheel.
Seriously, Claymore is making a fortune based on the work that he already did. What else is he obligated to do? Whether he improves his software or not he's making pretty good money from our 1% devfee's and he doesn't even have to log on to play Tech Support. He can retire... or as Digital_Seytan asked... die (let's hope not) and still have a very nice and somewhat stable income.

Well said and 100% agreed with everything there.

I am not sure why some folks are a little concerned with 1% dev fees. I like how Claymore (and others) remind us .. “if you don’t like it, don’t use it”!

Simple. Write your own mining code and save your 1%. Smiley

But, the fact is many of us are not capable of doing that! So, it’s a fair business!

My problem however is with those wanna-be coders who have copied from certain open-source APIs / codes, closed source theirs and charge 4 times more - and you can’t even keep your rigs up and running for an hour straight!!

Those folks never see a penny (??) from me no matter how much I love certain coins. Instead, I buy them directly!!

Both Claymore and Phoenix deserve to enjoy early retirement! Grin

I agree. But some people will never be satisfied. If they had their way the developers would be dragged back out of retirement and forced to spend hours or days to rewrite their code from scrap in hopes that their RX 570's that are currently hashing at 32MH/s will be stable at 34MH/s. Some people just don't know how much work goes into it and thus don't respect it.
My opinion is that it works fine and I thank the developers. Claymore and Phoenix.
Morph42

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 03:55:18 PM

The negative powlim is to reduce the amount of electricity the card uses to mine.  Reducing the powlim will save you on ur electric bill and will also reduce the amount of heat (temp) of the card.  Its all about finding the right efficiency with these GPUs. 

Thanks I appreciate that help and explanation.  Definitely helps in getting all this started.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 05:49:53 PM

I agree. But some people will never be satisfied. If they had their way the developers would be dragged back out of retirement and forced to spend hours or days to rewrite their code from scrap in hopes that their RX 570's that are currently hashing at 32MH/s will be stable at 34MH/s. Some people just don't know how much work goes into it and thus don't respect it.
My opinion is that it works fine and I thank the developers. Claymore and Phoenix.

Developers would be back out of retirement only if they see their e-wallets have remained unchanged for couple of weeks!

Then, they know something has gone wrong affecting their labours - so time to get back to work! Grin
RAKOT

Activity: 152
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 06:24:45 AM

Well, talking about heping people with his miner. Its a liitle not fair send it to unsupported voyage. If your are rich and happy why not give your code to some developers , let them continue after you with solving at least current issues ( 4Gb Ram GPUs, new GPUs support etc.)

Silently saing I dont give a f... . Hmmm.....
Binary100100

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 02:05:14 PM

Well, talking about heping people with his miner. Its a liitle not fair send it to unsupported voyage. If your are rich and happy why not give your code to some developers , let them continue after you with solving at least current issues ( 4Gb Ram GPUs, new GPUs support etc.)

The code is already available on github. So if there was a developer that was inclined to continue they should be able to do so with little effort. To support this theory there are a few unofficial version of Claymore and PhoenixMiner that reduces or eliminates the devfee. Kind of a shitty move in my opinion.
d33z0r-reloaded and digitalpara for example. Perhaps you can find them and ask them to continue their work... if they don't mind the possibility of being sued for copyright infringement.
Making these mining programs isn't a simple task. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Developers have lives. They have professions, family, health issues, etc. They aren't genies that will just answer everyone's beck and call. So let's not look down on them for their absence. After all, it may be the very reason why they don't show up anymore. Who knows? They might still be active on this forum under a different user name. Wink
RAKOT

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 02:51:12 PM

The code is already available on github. So if there was a developer that was inclined to continue they should be able to do so with little effort. To support this theory there are a few unofficial version of Claymore and PhoenixMiner that reduces or eliminates the devfee. Kind of a shitty move in my opinion.
d33z0r-reloaded and digitalpara for example. Perhaps you can find them and ask them to continue their work... if they don't mind the possibility of being sued for copyright infringement.
Making these mining programs isn't a simple task. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Developers have lives. They have professions, family, health issues, etc. They aren't genies that will just answer everyone's beck and call. So let's not look down on them for their absence. After all, it may be the very reason why they don't show up anymore. Who knows? They might still be active on this forum under a different user name. Wink

Please, point me , there mr. Claymore put the code of his miner for furfer dev.

I assume it was any message from him like " here guys , thats the code, go on with it, im giving all rights to anyone who wants it", but i suppose ive missed this message, right ?
kosaet_

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 04:10:38 PM

Hello guys, lately i have some problems with this miner, when start dev fee, and after start to mine for me, one of my card (its random always) make DAG file with very high ms , so this card start to mine with 10 mh/s (normaly is 29 mh/s). The cards are msi 570 gaming x 4gb, mining expanse.Any ideas why this happend ?
Binary100100

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 05:32:37 PM

I assume it was any message from him like " here guys , thats the code, go on with it, im giving all rights to anyone who wants it", but i suppose ive missed this message, right ?

Well let's say this:
It's open source on github. Some users have already used the existing code to remove the devfee. The software is still available despite the fact that the developer *could* force them to cease and desist based on copyrite but hasn't. So what would that tell you?
RAKOT

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 05:51:58 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 06:45:33 AM by RAKOT

Well let's say this:
It's open source on github. Some users have already used the existing code to remove the devfee. The software is still available despite the fact that the developer *could* force them to cease and desist based on copyrite but hasn't. So what would that tell you?

Still no links.

Links i found on github. Well, i think its has only Claymore miner in its name, but has no deal with original miner. IMHO obviously.

Thanks for sharing your opinion
Binary100100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:41:13 PM
Merited by Halab (2), vapourminer (1)

Well let's say this:

Still no links.

Links i found on github. Well, i think its has only Claymore miner in its name, but has no deal with original miner. IMHO obviously.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

There aren't any developers that are carrying on the project as far as I know. Only modifying it to remove the devfee. I won't share those links because I feel that it would be inappropriate to do so. A simple Google search should be sufficient. In any case, I'm satisfied with what I'm using. Claymore or Phoenix. It doesn't matter. My current hashpower for my machines are only about 600MH/s so if they want to take 6MH/s each day for their efforts then I'm okay with that. That's literally ten cents a day. A measly ~$40 a year. My opinion is that the developers earned it whether they continue to work on it or not.
Look at it this way, if you made a program that earned you 1% of 188.86TH/s (so that'll be 1.8886) but let's say that Claymore is 60% and Phoenix is 40% so let's give Phoenix 0.75TH/s and Claymore the rest which is 1.81306TH/s. Let's convert that into profitability with zero cost or fees. 1,813,060MH/s He's earning no less than $1,182.71 an hour. Or $851,551.38 each month. So if you make over $10M a year by making a program that people are using without any issues what else do you need to do? You can't be forced to work. The dude is probably sitting on his own island fishing! Can you blame him? He saw an opportunity and he jumped on it! I'm actually quite envious. It just makes me respect the developers more. They don't need to play "free tech support" unless they want to. I doubt that we'll ever hear from either of them again and I'm perfectly okay with that. Let someone else step up and start a project. Surely there are more than 2 people in the world that can make a decent ethereum mining program. Then again, by the time they do we'll all probably be on PoS anyway.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 01:59:18 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

There aren't any developers that are carrying on the project as far as I know. Only modifying it to remove the devfee. I won't share those links because I feel that it would be inappropriate to do so. A simple Google search should be sufficient. In any case, I'm satisfied with what I'm using. Claymore or Phoenix. It doesn't matter. My current hashpower for my machines are only about 600MH/s so if they want to take 6MH/s each day for their efforts then I'm okay with that. That's literally ten cents a day. A measly ~$40 a year. My opinion is that the developers earned it whether they continue to work on it or not.
Look at it this way, if you made a program that earned you 1% of 188.86TH/s (so that'll be 1.8886) but let's say that Claymore is 60% and Phoenix is 40% so let's give Phoenix 0.75TH/s and Claymore the rest which is 1.81306TH/s. Let's convert that into profitability with zero cost or fees. 1,813,060MH/s He's earning no less than $1,182.71 an hour. Or $851,551.38 each month. So if you make over $10M a year by making a program that people are using without any issues what else do you need to do? You can't be forced to work. The dude is probably sitting on his own island fishing! Can you blame him? He saw an opportunity and he jumped on it! I'm actually quite envious. It just makes me respect the developers more. They don't need to play "free tech support" unless they want to. I doubt that we'll ever hear from either of them again and I'm perfectly okay with that. Let someone else step up and start a project. Surely there are more than 2 people in the world that can make a decent ethereum mining program. Then again, by the time they do we'll all probably be on PoS anyway.

Thank you for your time and sharing those numbers!

I was going to do similar and prove that not worth stealing from someone's hard work at the cost losing those developers - forever!

If it was easy, I'm sure we would have tons of mining software. It's not, obviously - not to mention, the next talented and brave soul, after seeing how people go nuts to hack his/her work to save a few pennies / month, they would think twice to give crap about wasting their time.

As for CM, PM, and others, I have a strong feeling they may have modified their codes to mine twice more than existing versions for their own pleasure!!

So, that's the price we all pay for being unfair, cheap and illogical!
Binary100100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 02:24:13 PM

Thank you for your time and sharing those numbers!

I was going to do similar and prove that not worth stealing from someone's hard work at the cost losing those developers - forever!

If it was easy, I'm sure we would have tons of mining software. It's not, obviously - not to mention, the next talented and brave soul, after seeing how people go nuts to hack his/her work to save a few pennies / month, they would think twice to give crap about wasting their time.

As for CM, PM, and others, I have a strong feeling they may have modified their codes to mine twice more than existing versions for their own pleasure!!

So, that's the price we all pay for being unfair, cheap and illogical!

I'm sure they have their own version of the software that they're not going to share. I don't think it yields twice the result though. Like OhGodAGirl with her ETHLargementPill program. She stated in an interview with JMS Vlogs that there's a version that works for Pascal GDRR5 VRAM cards but has never released it publicly. You don't hear about people getting pissy about that. I say time would be better spent hounding her to release it already. It's only been ~2 years now.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 03:20:38 PM

I don't think it yields twice the result though.

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
bategojko74

Activity: 220
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:41:29 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 07:57:30 PM by bategojko74

Agreed ... my assumption was based on their history of enhancements / speed updates and certain magical switches - since their Initial release.

I’m kind of “end-user” who believes with the right tools / skills nothing is impossible!
I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:40:40 PM

I am a little bit more acquainted in GPU programming so you can believe me that they don't have faster version than you have. Your suggestions are just a result of deep
misunderstanding of basic principles in computer technologies and programming like the memory throughput of GPU and how much memory (this is 8K bytes) is read to calculate one hash. Competition is a basic market principle that makes the customer gets the best quality for the lowest price. Otherwise your competitor will get your customers.

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
bategojko74

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:35:44 PM

As my profile states, I am very newbie on this side - so for now - agreed and hope the next mining software will be announced by yourself.

As for competition discussion, I am actually a lot more acquainted in human nature who loves things with a shiny sticker that reads: FREE!

So, no matter how low CM and or any other mining software developer - including your upcoming software ask for, there will be always a huge percentage of us in this very forum complaining “how dare you ....” and ask for links to their FREE version - because humans are entitled to everything-free and or open-sourced so I can easily replace your wallet address with my own!
Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.
iDisturbia

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 03:05:24 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, there won't be next mining software from me. Can't beat Phoenix's kernels in speed and power consumption. Just wanted to assure you that you already have the best possible mining software in the universe (and other possible multi-universes) without any hidden magic tricks that the developers keep for themselves.

I was kidding ... but if you ever change your mind, you can count on my QA skills! Smiley
saration

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 12:58:54 PM

Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I use claymore 15 and the last AMD driver with the compute mode on.

Does anyone have eard about this ?
bategojko74

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 01:34:29 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), xandry (1)

Hello,

I have an problem on my win 10 with AMD RX580, also i use the computer for normal use, internet chrome, mail ...

Before everything was perfect around 28-30 Mh but now when i boot the windows i'm good, but after some time with chrome and thunderbird open the rate go down to 8 mh,
even closing all soft don't change anything, i have to reboot the computer to get back the normal rate.

I use claymore 15 and the last AMD driver with the compute mode on.

Does anyone have eard about this ?
Turn off the hardware acceleration of chrome:
https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122
Pages: « 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: