Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:45:17 PM

Your wrong, the facts indicate that dash is most likely one of the most centralized coins in existence, barring ICOs --just because that can't be made with 100% assurance, hardly makes the fact that it is the most likely outcome opinion. Again, trustless systems should be made as trustless as possible in all regards and not force the user to trust in the honesty of salesmen and developers.

Calling the most likely scenario opinion misses that I'm pointing out the most likely scenario based on the available facts, and mining 30% of the available supply in two days is what leads to this scenario, not any bias on my part. I can just as easily say, prove dash is decentralized and have you unable to prove it one way or the other, but we can certainly come to likely possibility given the facts.

That might as well be comparing apples and oranges, all forms of distribution are crap to some degree and we can't even quantify fairness but pretty much every crypto is in a fairly narrow band of high crappyness. Can Bitcoin turn around tomorrow and say they're going to up the total supply to 21 billion so everyone can start with a fair share? Not fecking likely but if it made obvious sense for Dash to do something like that it could, the governance really does work that well.

Pardoning yourself with the "everyone is crappy" card hardly excuses you have one of the worst launches of any POW and expecting people to not criticize it, or even accept it, as par for the course misses that most coins did a better job and have a more trustless model for decentralization--now couple that with the suspicious actions by Evan, you have to be more than a little chimerical to think more than a few people will think the worst possibility is the most likely one--that Evan intentionally instamined 2million coins and still controls most of them, if not more through masternode control.

I'm comparing dash's launch to other coins that claim no premine or ICO, and it doesn't compare well--no amount of "no distribution is perfect" talk will make it a valid dismissal unless coins go back in time and have as terrible or worse launches.

You don't get to change the standards to fit the circumstances of your investment.

And yet again, prove it. Unsubstantiated allegations are easy and they're worth nothing. When you've done that show me a coin you think is fairly distributed, PoW is out from the start and even the most screwed up fiat system if way ahead of any crypto.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 07:58:39 PM

Your wrong, the facts indicate that dash is most likely one of the most centralized coins in existence, barring ICOs --just because that can't be made with 100% assurance, hardly makes the fact that it is the most likely outcome opinion. Again, trustless systems should be made as trustless as possible in all regards and not force the user to trust in the honesty of salesmen and developers.

Calling the most likely scenario opinion misses that I'm pointing out the most likely scenario based on the available facts, and mining 30% of the available supply in two days is what leads to this scenario, not any bias on my part. I can just as easily say, prove dash is decentralized and have you unable to prove it one way or the other, but we can certainly come to likely possibility given the facts.

That might as well be comparing apples and oranges, all forms of distribution are crap to some degree and we can't even quantify fairness but pretty much every crypto is in a fairly narrow band of high crappyness. Can Bitcoin turn around tomorrow and say they're going to up the total supply to 21 billion so everyone can start with a fair share? Not fecking likely but if it made obvious sense for Dash to do something like that it could, the governance really does work that well.

Pardoning yourself with the "everyone is crappy" card hardly excuses you have one of the worst launches of any POW and expecting people to not criticize it, or even accept it, as par for the course misses that most coins did a better job and have a more trustless model for decentralization--now couple that with the suspicious actions by Evan, you have to be more than a little chimerical to think more than a few people will think the worst possibility is the most likely one--that Evan intentionally instamined 2million coins and still controls most of them, if not more through masternode control.

I'm comparing dash's launch to other coins that claim no premine or ICO, and it doesn't compare well--no amount of "no distribution is perfect" talk will make it a valid dismissal unless coins go back in time and have as terrible or worse launches.

You don't get to change the standards to fit the circumstances of your investment.

And yet again, prove it. Unsubstantiated allegations are easy and they're worth nothing. When you've done that show me a coin you think is fairly distributed, PoW is out from the start and even the most screwed up fiat system if way ahead of any crypto.

Prove it isn't in Evan's control.

The point is that someone mined 2 million coins in two days and that that 2 million is 30% of the current distribution, asking me to trust the guy that said it was an accident (but didn't relaunch, After he just relaunched) is more trust than I'll grant to a system that is supposed to use common methods to assure trustlessness. Dash's launch failed and continues to fail at offering the best odds of the system being decentralized.  It's like you guys don't even understand how cryptosystems are supposed to work: trustless and decentralized<--notice the absence of an or.

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:11:03 PM

And you seem to be stuck in a groove with your argument, you're the only one claiming to give a damn about the distributin and can't come up with a single example of fair distribution. Of course you can't, they don't exist and you can't come up with proof anyone has an amount of Dash you deem unfair. You missed the boat, cry somewhere else about it, so did I and it doesn't bother me one bit. All you're looking at is the bottom line, If you had any sense you'd see what's happening with crypto uptake and wouldn't be wasting your time trolling the ancient history of one coin you feel is a competitor to another, blockchain is yesterdays news.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 08:37:01 PM

And you seem to be stuck in a groove with your argument, you're the only one claiming to give a damn about the distributin and can't come up with a single example of fair distribution. Of course you can't, they don't exist and you can't come up with proof anyone has an amount of Dash you deem unfair. You missed the boat, cry somewhere else about it, so did I and it doesn't bother me one bit. All you're looking at is the bottom line, If you had any sense you'd see what's happening with crypto uptake and wouldn't be wasting your time trolling the ancient history of one coin you feel is a competitor to another, blockchain is yesterdays news.

How many shitcoin logic points are you gonna use? Coin jealousy? Missed the boat? Why not FUD and few others?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.msg14472374#msg14472374

Dash's distribution, thanks to masternodes using dash as collateral, make its early emissions a current decentralization topic--you don't like it, pick a coin with a better launch and design. And yes, Monero has a better distribution in both areas. And straight coin distribution, most any POW coin that you can hit with a dart and a blindfold have better distribution. You can claim other coins have crappy distribution all you want, but it will never excuse one of the crappiest distribution fails in cryptocurrency's history, whether it's two years or ten years after the fact, especially when those coins determine who controls the nodes. Let's get away from all this pie-in-the-sky-BS-I-think-we-can-I-think-we-can and talk about a fundamentally bad design. Just call it ripple 2.0 and get the centralization circus underway. Calling this shitcoin decentralized and fairly distributed should be the stuff of laughter, not serious debate. In what world does a guy who launches a coin, after a failed launch, forget to launch again rather than assure he did everything in his power to distribute the coins fairly? Come on! Nobody is this dumb.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 08:55:06 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 09:47:36 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

This thread is going to get off to a rocky start, to be sure, we've sure stirred up a hornet's nest. The school-boy bullies have for TWO YEARS been allowed to frame the narrative about Dash. They will not give up that "control", as iCEBREAKER so eloquently put it in my Internet of Money article thread, easily without a fight. That is expected.

I'm of the opinion that they've been threatened by Dash for a long time, due to its superior technology and cohesive, professional team. And to their credit, they have done a fantastic job making Evan Duffield look like a "scammer", a person who premeditatively decided to mine all of the Dash for himself and make himself insanely rich, all the while laughing at all of the poor folks who would fall victim to his evil plans.

But then something happened. I saw a podcast the other day with Tone Vays from Liberty Life Trail. On this podcast, he said that he used to believe in Dash, but then he was enlightened by the very "facts" we are debating today. The very unsubstantiated spin and innuendo that has been allowed to permeate through the cryptosphere since Dash's rocky start.

Something stirred in me that day.

I vowed that this would not be allowed to continue. To me, and anyone who has been following the Dash project as someone posted earlier, Dash is a professional, driven, and ambitious project, and you can see that through the innovations that the Dash team comes up with. Dash Nation has every right to be proud, to confidently tell outsiders that we are working on true decentralization, from the transactions, to the governance, to the funding. We are the only project that can say those things, and the closest to fulfilling Satoshi's vision of a true decentralized digital cash, the Internet of Money.

This is the subject of this thread, and it will not go away. Our promises and breakthroughs will be documented here, for all to see on a regular basis. The days of school-boy bullies dominating the narrative about Dash are over.

To those who may have been influenced by the spin and innuendo, I ask you for your attention over time. I invite you to join Dash Nation, but I realize it will take time to free people from the deceit of a few individuals.

I ask for your eyes and ears, Dash will show you what it's all about over time. Allow us to define our own identity.

Respectfully,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

EDIT: To any capable devs who may want to help us build the Internet Of Money, a fun graphic for you, by Dash Nation member Raptor73:

j0shua

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:57:06 PM

Quote from: generalizethis
(extended trolling)

I use Dash because it's a good coin. I like all the things you can do with a two-tier network. I see Evan and the other devs doing a great job, coming out with new features and just totally kicking ass.
I know about the instamine. But I don't see evidence today that those coins are still all in one pocket. This post ( https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 ) which I'm sure you've already seen shows that those early coins have been redistributed by now.
I'm sure you're not trying to get us to change the past, and we already talked about the launch, so what do you want? I'm already "over" Dash's launch, I'm here to help Dash keep growing and innovating.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:43:36 PM

(extended trolling)

I use Dash because it's a good coin. I like all the things you can do with a two-tier network. I see Evan and the other devs doing a great job, coming out with new features and just totally kicking ass.
I know about the instamine. But I don't see evidence today that those coins are still all in one pocket. This post ( https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 ) which I'm sure you've already seen shows that those early coins have been redistributed by now.
I'm sure you're not trying to get us to change the past, and we already talked about the launch, so what do you want? I'm already "over" Dash's launch, I'm here to help Dash keep growing and innovating.
Thank you so much for that positive post. That is what this thread is all about, celebrating Dash for the project that it is. The decentralized team, governance and funding will help propel Dash into the future. I hope more people start to see this, and join us in Dash Nation.

Cheers, friend.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:09:07 PM

(extended trolling)

Oh really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Did you miss the part where it's a scam or something?? Dump it for a better coin. Or wait until the entire thing collapses and evans is arrested along with all these other pumpers and scammers.

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

That will be 100% fact. It is risky now to do an ICO. But when there is evidence right there of wrong doing clearly for all to see there is no going back now. Wait and see. I wouldn't even be shocked at this moment there is a case building against him and the ring leaders.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:16:34 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:43:55 AM by mprep

(extended trolling)

Oh really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Did you miss the part where it's a scam or something?? Dump it for a better coin. Or wait until the entire thing collapses and evans is arrested along with all these other pumpers and scammers.

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

That will be 100% fact. It is risky now to do an ICO. But when there is evidence right there of wrong doing clearly for all to see there is no going back now. Wait and see. I wouldn't even be shocked at this moment there is a case building against him and the ring leaders.

The newbie accounts are coming out of the woodwork because they're being inspired by the spirit of this thread: Progress, optimism, and decentralized technology. No one's stood up to the school-boy bullies before, and this thread is giving all Dash Nation members reason to stand up and be proud, as they should be. This false narrative has gone on for too long, people need to judge us based on facts, not spin on facts. Try being positive to your own agenda instead of negative towards others, I guarantee you you will inspire others as well.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:24:09 PM

(extended trolling)

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

The newbie accounts are coming out of the woodwork because they're being inspired by the spirit of this thread: Progress, optimism, and decentralized technology. No one's stood up to the school-boy bullies before, and this thread is giving all Dash Nation members reason to stand up and be proud, as they should be. This false narrative has gone on for too long, people need to judge us based on facts, not spin on facts. Try being positive to your own agenda instead of negative towards others, I guarantee you you will inspire others as well.

www.dash.org

www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation

https://dashtalk.org

www.dashndrink.com

They should read these first

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173474.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1034864.0

CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:24:52 PM

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Are you REALLY this gullible? WTF.

and WHY are you trying to make the issue smaller because it happened 2 years ago?

There is no running away from this, the deceitful launch will haunt DASH forever.

When shit hits the fan, DASH is gonna leave a huuuge stain on the wall.. will be epic mess, lots of cleanup required too.
j0shua

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:26:44 PM

really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Welcome to Bitcointalk, I guess. I haven't been willing to wade into the weeds, but Tao struck a nerve.

Oh thanks for the polls and other links, guess it's time to start working on my blocklist.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:32:43 PM

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Are you REALLY this gullible? WTF.

and WHY are you trying to make the issue smaller because it happened 2 years ago?

There is no running away from this, the deceitful launch will haunt DASH forever.

When shit hits the fan, DASH is gonna leave a huuuge stain on the wall.. will be epic mess, lots of cleanup required too.
Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.

CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:53:46 PM

Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.

Thanks.

My claims? I just asked questions, which you so neatly avoided.

I can repeat and expand: 1) Are you that gullible that you believe what a guy confronted with his back against the wall says? Do you realize it's the ONLY thing he can say? There is only the question of: was it intentional, or was it accidental. If he sais it was intentional his whole empire goes down. So yeah, he can pretty much only lie.

I wonder. Have you ever asked Evan for EVIDENCE??

2) Why are you trying to make the instamine a smaller issue because it was "2 years ago and only during the first 48 hours of DASH".
LoL! The most critical period in human life is the birth. It's VERY important that it go well and without complications.

DASH should have done the only right thing. Re-launch completely after "fixing the issues"
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:33:09 AM

don't let tao of scamtoshi  bother you. This person gets detailed facts like these

Here let me try again. Read it. You are saying simply because you have no 100% specific numbers it can't have happened Smiley okay

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

SCAM = unfair and dishonest scheme = dash

This latest defence is so strange. Where are the victims ? what are you talking about it is there in black and white.

1. everyone who was told it was a fair launch LIKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHES AT THE TIME. - then prevented from mining fairly = scammed
2. everyone who was told there would be much more opportunity to mine ( then that got slashed by 75%) - prevented from mining the coins that were then taken away = scammed.

here are your victims.

3. everyone buying now thinking dash can go somewhere not knowing the scam it is will forever hold it back = being scammed.

Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.

I will be updating my scammers thread to add all of your names to it.

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.

and then asks for some evidence of wrong doing???

The guy is simply as scammer.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 12:36:06 AM

Thanks.

My claims? I just asked questions, which you so neatly avoided.

I can repeat and expand: 1) Are you that gullible that you believe what a guy confronted with his back against the wall says? Do you realize it's the ONLY thing he can say? There is only the question of: was it intentional, or was it accidental. If he sais it was intentional his whole empire goes down. So yeah, he can pretty much only lie.

I wonder. Have you ever asked Evan for EVIDENCE??

2) Why are you trying to make the instamine a smaller issue because it was "2 years ago and only during the first 48 hours of DASH".
LoL! The most critical period in human life is the birth. It's VERY important that it go well and without complications.

DASH should have done the only right thing. Re-launch completely after "fixing the issues"

I admire your persistence. Can you provide a "smoking gun" linking Evan to any bad intent? A phone message, a video, anything?

This thread and myself, in the absence of any new evidence, are squarely focused on what matters: leveraging our decentralized team, governance and funding to propel Dash into being the undisputed digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Thank you for continuing to make us aware of our past, though. We should always remember where we came from.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/the-internet-1715527827.html

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:25:23 AM

The numbers and the design of a cryptosystem aren't my opinion, and dash's faulty design using those standards isn't opinion--
This sounds like your implying either that Dash has a faulty design, or that the instamine was by design.

Either way, please enlighten us with some facts. As I've said before, you would be doing Dash a favor.

Vertoe's "Fuck this centralized shady Golden Donkey scam; I quit" post pretty well covers Dash's structural governance issues.

Do you need me to quote it?   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:41:52 AM

This thread is going to get off to a rocky start, to be sure, we've sure stirred up a hornet's nest. The school-boy bullies have for TWO YEARS been allowed to frame the narrative about Dash. They will not give up that "control", as iCEBREAKER so eloquently put it in my Internet of Money article thread, easily without a fight. That is expected.

I'm of the opinion that they've been threatened by Dash for a long time, due to its superior technology and cohesive, professional team. And to their credit, they have done a fantastic job making Evan Duffield look like a "scammer", a person who premeditatively decided to mine all of the Dash for himself and make himself insanely rich, all the while laughing at all of the poor folks who would fall victim to his evil plans.

But then something happened. I saw a podcast the other day with Tone Vays from Liberty Life Trail. On this podcast, he said that he used to believe in Dash, but then he was enlightened by the very "facts" we are debating today. The very unsubstantiated spin and innuendo that has been allowed to permeate through the cryptosphere since Dash's rocky start.

Something stirred in me that day.

I vowed that this would not be allowed to continue. To me, and anyone who has been following the Dash project as someone posted earlier, Dash is a professional, driven, and ambitious project, and you can see that through the innovations that the Dash team comes up with. Dash Nation has every right to be proud, to confidently tell outsiders that we are working on true decentralization, from the transactions, to the governance, to the funding. We are the only project that can say those things, and the closest to fulfilling Satoshi's vision of a true decentralized digital cash, the Internet of Money.

This is the subject of this thread, and it will not go away. Our promises and breakthroughs will be documented here, for all to see on a regular basis. The days of school-boy bullies dominating the narrative about Dash are over.

To those who may have been influenced by the spin and innuendo, I ask you for your attention over time. I invite you to join Dash Nation, but I realize it will take time to free people from the deceit of a few individuals.

I ask for your eyes and ears, Dash will show you what it's all about over time. Allow us to define our own identity.

Respectfully,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

EDIT: To any capable devs who may want to help us build the Internet Of Money, a fun graphic for you, by Dash Nation member Raptor73

Tone Vays is right, Dash's instamine is proof of scam as much as proof of incompetency.

You can try to spin it, but facts are stubborn things.

Only systems that are structurally incompatible with fraud don't suffer from the overhang of potential fraud.

Dash is not a viable system because it was cursed from the moment it was created with a fatal birth defect called an instamine.

You are such a Try Hard it's kind of hilarious.  You remind me of the XT and Classic buffoons who believed they could make a contentious hard fork happen if they Tried Hard enough.

Stop trying to make Dash happen.  Dash isn't going to happen.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:43:09 AM

I appreciate your entertaining posts iCEBREAKER. They prove your dizzying intellect. You add color to the thread, and for that I thank you. As I've said in the OP, you will not be allowed to "control" the narrative about Dash.

Evan is in fact a brilliant man. And he's charming, enthusiastic and driven to help Dash Nation build the Internet Of Money.

You school-yard bullies and your spin and name-calling have had your day. The facts prevail.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:53:01 AM

I appreciate your entertaining posts iCEBREAKER. They prove your dizzying intellect. You add color to the thread, and for that I thank you. As I've said in the OP, you will not be allowed to "control" the narrative about Dash.

Evan is in fact a brilliant man. And he's charming, enthusiastic and driven to help Dash Nation build the Internet Of Money.

You school-yard bullies and your spin and name-calling have had your day. The facts prevail.

I'm flattered you see me as some kind of warlock or mutant with mind control abilities powerful enough to change Tone Vays's internal mental structures.

But it's actually nothing more than plain old (albeit damning) facts controlling Dash's unfortunate narrative.

You may try to spin those facts as merely the product of some random internet poster's psychic powers, but I'm not Professor X.   Cheesy

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: