Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84758 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:01:49 PM

I know that, you already repeated that many times, including the pdf and videos
it's not my point, it's not about the project, it's about the ico, how it's planned and executed

I like the project, it's no criticism to the project

But the organization of the ico is very unprofessional and people will or will not invest based on this thread, look at the OP, no picture has the same size and they look like the got downloaded at random even if they're not

you can just ignore that or start working on a solution and maybe extend the first phase of the ico until you get it right

I already invested a small amount in this project and do not regret it but if you want the ico to be a success, this thread won't bring it, not how it is now, not how you arranged the escrow

Thanks for your input.  We literally arranged the escrow like this at the request of the community.  You don't HAVE to follow this method, as there are two ways to participate.  

The alternative we just offered was a solution to the problems that people originally had.  Now if you're saying that either method of using the escrow won't work, then I don't really know what to tell you.

Considering I am currently writing two white papers for the Synereo team, I don't believe any work I do is unprofessional personally.  I am open to criticism, but at a certain point I have to stick by my work.

Cheers!

Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

it's not my point, it's not about the project, it's about the ico, how it's planned and executed

I like the project, it's no criticism to the project

But the organization of the ico is very unprofessional and people will or will not invest based on this thread, look at the OP, no picture has the same size and they look like the got downloaded at random even if they're not

you can just ignore that or start working on a solution and maybe extend the first phase of the ico until you get it right

I already invested a small amount in this project and do not regret it but if you want the ico to be a success, this thread won't bring it, not how it is now, not how you arranged the escrow

Thanks for your input.  We literally arranged the escrow like this at the request of the community.  You don't HAVE to follow this method, as there are two ways to participate.  

The alternative we just offered was a solution to the problems that people originally had.  Now if you're saying that either method of using the escrow won't work, then I don't really know what to tell you.

Considering I am currently writing two white papers for the Synereo team, I don't believe any work I do is unprofessional personally.  I am open to criticism, but at a certain point I have to stick by my work.

Cheers!

Chris

your biggest problem is that you don't seem to know how to handle sincere criticism that's not in any way directed at you, don't make it personal

it's not about you, for sure, without any doubt I believe you have great competences and you are an asset to the team

but maybe organizing and running an ico is not something you or your team is capable of
I mean, take a look at the op, what is your first impression?

some introspection is needed here, not self defence

and i'm not saying i can do it any better, i'm saying that i see other project doing it better and with a very good results like waves,eth,lisk
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:11:28 PM

your biggest problem is, you don't seem to know how to handle sincere criticism, it's like you feel attacked

it's not about you, for sure, without any doubt I believe you have great competences and you are an asset to the team

but maybe organizing and running an ico is not something you or your team is capable of

I believe you're reading too much into my responses.  I don't feel personally attacked whatsoever.  I think you're trying to be constructive with your criticism, which is why I thanked you.  There are just a ton of things going on that I am privy to that people outside the team are not.  So I am not really worried about immediately changing anything based on what you're saying.  People have been saying this since page one of the thread.  We've actually altered our approach to everything at the request of the community, including adding a sig campaign.  We are trying to meet the community halfway, so if you don't see that, I don't know what else to tell you.

Edit:  This is from Page 1:

Good call on the new thread with a well known community leader and the "ICO" in the title. Will drive more traffic here. You will undoubtedly get dismissive comments like the one above. People here are sometimes understandably jaded, but I know this project will be able to rise above the fray and garner the support it deserves. 

Cheers!

Chris

Turing

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:20:04 PM

your biggest problem is, you don't seem to know how to handle sincere criticism, it's like you feel attacked

I believe you're reading too much into my responses.  I don't feel personally attacked whatsoever.  I think you're trying to be constructive with your criticism, which is why I thanked you.  There are just a ton of things going on that I am privy to that people outside the team are not.  So I am not really worried about immediately changing anything based on what you're saying.  People have been saying this since page one of the thread.  We've actually altered our approach to everything at the request of the community, including adding a sig campaign.  We are trying to meet the community halfway, so if you don't see that, I don't know what else to tell you.

Cheers!

Chris

i see a lot of people in this thread not questioning the project but questioning the organization of the ico

its not about meeting us half way, there is no half way in business
it's about doing what's best for the ico and as a consequence for the project

visit the lisk / waves ico and learn
they raised thousands of bitcoins in less than a week

the bitland project has great potential but this ico thread doesn't do justice to it
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:23:59 PM

\

i see a lot of people in this thread not questioning the project but questioning the organization of the ico

the bitland project has great potential but this ico thread does no justice to it

If your criticism is "be Lisk Or Waves", I am not sure how to respond.

from page one of lisk:

Having just dumped all my Crypti after reading your announcement literally minutes ago I find this all very distasteful.
The tech was interesting but I really feel youve screwed the pooch here. Time'll tell.

(p.s. I just wasted 5 minutes trying to think of something nastier to say but I remembered life's too short)

You can't please everyone all the time.

Cheers!

Chris

Turing

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:31:26 PM

\

the bitland project has great potential but this ico thread does no justice to it

If your criticism is "be Lisk Or Waves", I am not sure how to respond.

from page one of lisk:

Having just dumped all my Crypti after reading your announcement literally minutes ago I find this all very distasteful.
The tech was interesting but I really feel youve screwed the pooch here. Time'll tell.

(p.s. I just wasted 5 minutes trying to think of something nastier to say but I remembered life's too short)

You can't please everyone all the time.

Cheers!

Chris

who says you have to please everyone?
and why quote child_harold? he wasn't complaining about how the lisk ico looks, he was trolling about crypti, trolls are everywhere

I dont say you have to try please the trolls, try to reach out to potential investors instead

you don't seem to grasp the message i'm trying to send to the bitland team, it seems you're evading the essence of it or you dont want to see it
it's not about pleasing or meeting half way

its about improving the op, the organisation, the ico, making it look like someone really cared about it

i'm not interested in hearing "that tons is going on behind the scenes", the OP is my first impression and the first impression of anyone visiting this thread
if you think it looks attractive to investors, maybe you need glasses
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:35:48 PM

and why quote child_harold? he wasn't complaining about how the lisk ico looks, he was trolling about crypti, trolls are everywhere

I dont say you have to try please the trolls, try to reach out to potential investors instead

you don't seem to grasp the message i'm trying to send to the bitland team, it seems you're evading the essence of it or you dont want to see it

its about improving the op, the organisation, the ico, making it look like someone really cared about it

i'm not interested in hearing "that a lot is going on behind the scenes", the OP is my first impression and the first impression of anyone visiting this thread

Anything else?

Turing

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:37:00 PM

i'm not interested in hearing "that a lot is going on behind the scenes", the OP is my first impression and the first impression of anyone visiting this thread

Anything else?

that will be it, thanks for listening
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:39:19 PM

that will be it, thanks for listening

Cheers!

Chris

xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:49:50 PM

Just go by your results .. Many comments here are Neg ... Your ICO is a complete FAIL .. What more do u need .. A big ROCK to fall on your head Huh
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:55:47 PM

Just go by your results .. Many comments here are Neg ... Your ICO is a complete FAIL .. What more do u need .. A big ROCK to fall on your head Huh

Quite the opposite.  We have had a ton of small investors.  Just no big whales.  The response in the thread has been largely positive.  The negative responses have been "you're not doing as well as Waves or Lisk, so you're a complete fail".

The ICO hasn't even hit phase 2.  

We are far from being a complete fail.  If we had 0 BTC at the end of Phase 2, that would be a fail.

xboxsold has asked some good questions on the forum here but applying the same logic across the board ultimately leads to a fallacious argument at this point. This project is indeed very different from other ICOs we have seen and it is realistic to believe that it may not get the largest support from those in this forum. However, an Angel investor or two is exactly what I think you guys may be able to draw in for the financial support you need to get it off the ground. Because this project is more likely to be carried by major media outlets (due to its altruistic nature), it is a matter of time before some deep pockets take notice. Have you guys thought about reaching out to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?

Oh yes, absolutely!  There are a lot of things going on that can't really be discussed openly or put into literature until it has happened or has a contract.

After Bitland was picked up on Forbes.com Investing Section, it's only a matter of time before an Angel Investor sees it really.  I hope other major outlets continue the momentum!

And I agree that this may not be the forum that will provide us with a ton of support, but in 2016 you can't do anything in crypto without posting a thread here.

Cheers!

Chris

Cheers!

Chris

xboxsold

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

Quite the opposite.  We have had a ton of small investors.  Just no big whales.  The response in the thread has been largely positive.  The negative responses have been "you're not doing as well as Waves or Lisk, so you're a complete fail".

The ICO hasn't even hit phase 2.  

We are far from being a complete fail.  If we had 0 BTC at the end of Phase 2, that would be a fail.

xboxsold has asked some good questions on the forum here but applying the same logic across the board ultimately leads to a fallacious argument at this point. This project is indeed very different from other ICOs we have seen and it is realistic to believe that it may not get the largest support from those in this forum. However, an Angel investor or two is exactly what I think you guys may be able to draw in for the financial support you need to get it off the ground. Because this project is more likely to be carried by major media outlets (due to its altruistic nature), it is a matter of time before some deep pockets take notice. Have you guys thought about reaching out to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?

Oh yes, absolutely!  There are a lot of things going on that can't really be discussed openly or put into literature until it has happened or has a contract.

After Bitland was picked up on Forbes.com Investing Section, it's only a matter of time before an Angel Investor sees it really.  I hope other major outlets continue the momentum!

And I agree that this may not be the forum that will provide us with a ton of support, but in 2016 you can't do anything in crypto without posting a thread here.

Cheers!

So 42BTC Raised is Good after 2 weeks Not Bad.. http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

So 42BTC Raised is Good after 2 weeks Not Bad.. http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

It's not "great" but it's not "bad" by any means.

Cheers!

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:15:54 PM

This ICO should attract more investors
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:51:18 PM

Hello everyone!

After much consideration, we are going to have the direct deposit method available for the crowdsale.

If you want to purchase Cadastrals in any of the following currencies, you can send the funds directly to the addresses listed below.  Please send an image showing the send transaction to ChrisBates01@gmail.com after the funds have been sent.

BTC: 1abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890
ETH: 0xyouseeifsomeonethinksthisistherealaddress
doge: theymaysendittothisaddressinsteadofyours
dash: andpeoplewillbescammedoutoftheirmoney
litecoin: LLHvuE73CqXUCGgFYW7yKiYpyxUGgtPg4X
BKS: 8PAS5ZhqrDiE3Tw4b1QhJWyDMoXUhpQoSN
nbt:  BTLYWcbvH2e38HyyoFeXF3aBXRNxvuEoaQ

Cheers!

Chris

who's escrowing it?
what if someone quotes and fills in his own address? there's a risk
why such an unprofessional approach, why not search for a professional and safe solution?

this ico is failing so hard; no announcement or time to hype it, graphics and pictures that look like they are stolen

i really like this project but you should really come up with a plan, a strategy, prepare and then execute it instead of doing thoughtless random stuff to "fix it"

Okay:

http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

That is the link to the escrow.  The reason we offered this alternative is because people were saying it was too difficult the way we were doing it.

As well, we appreciate the constructive criticism.  If you want to see the ICO succeed, please support it.

Our team won a Netexplo World Innovation award earlier this year, and were in the ranks with the likes of Colu, and robotics companies.

If you want to read the white paper, please take a look here:

http://www.bitland.world/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Bitland_Whitepaper.pdf

I assure you this is not haphazard whatsoever.  Trying to evaluate this project based on this thread would be a huge mistake.

Cheers!

Chris

I like the project, it's no criticism to the project, i fully trust and support the project

but the organization of the ico is very unprofessional and people will or will not invest based on this thread, look at the OP, no picture has the same size and they look like the got downloaded at random even if they're not
the thread doesn't look low budget, it looks "no budget"

if you or anyone else in the team can't do it, find someone who can

You need to relax bro. The project started with escrow and has been conducted very professionally. BUT Openledger is not as user friendly as it should be right now, and is difficult for newbies to get the hang of. The direct deposit option was ONLY added after people requested additional ways to buy without using openledger. Stop the FUD, just take a breath and think after you read posts.... or maybe your not reading the entire thread.... Thought I would fill you in. Kthnx
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:04:21 PM

@ Chris
Contact me if you need any help with marketing. I'd love to assist.  Smiley

Yeah, like in very successful Lisk community where Joel was helping Max and Oliver and after that he became a full time employee .
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:09:42 PM

Just an FYI, some of these people were involved in an ICO for another coin, Prozcoin.

Here was L. Christopher Bates last message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740383.msg10724258#msg10724258

So he only had to respond to two messages, yet kept all the ICO funds.  Same thing might happen here.

kame

Activity: 324

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:54:37 AM

Just an FYI, some of these people were involved in an ICO for another coin, Prozcoin.

Here was L. Christopher Bates last message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740383.msg10724258#msg10724258

So he only had to respond to two messages, yet kept all the ICO funds.  Same thing might happen here.

Thank you. That's mentioned already.

I took into the unsuccessful story and hoping this pilot project success.

Current problem I foreseen is, Chris is doing his best holding issues TOO MUCH.    Grin  He needs somebody more united.

I can't help much though, wishing this forum member buy in this project and give your hands.

Go Bitland!!

WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:54:24 AM

Thanks for the info. I wasnt aware of it.
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:59:39 AM

Wow, this thread is full of sexy brothers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: