Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84758 times)
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:01:45 PM

Hello,

Technically, we are in the first phase of the ICO.  We anticipated that the ICO would not take off in the same way as something like Digix, Waves, or Lisk, because there would be a first wave of people who want to get in, but aren't sure until they can talk to us for a bit to really understand what we are trying to do.  We partnered with Openledger because of the voting system that they are currently working on within their system, and the fact that their exchange has so many different tokens and also allows Fiat.  We wanted to give people the chance to use Openledger and were hopeful that the technology wouldn't be as much of a barrier as it is.  From the very beginning, we had already discussed with the Openledger team that if this happened, we would possibly switch to a different Escrow for the Phase 2 of the ICO.  

As far as my credentials, I have worked with Factom as a Community Leader, am currently a Community Leader for Synereo, just completed a white paper for Synereo, am working on a second white paper for Synereo.  

I have a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Telecommunications, and will receive a second Master's in Cyber-Security in two-months.  I have experience working on augmented reality teams, and have direct experience in machine learning.  I have written code for the fMRI machine at IU to run experiments, and in that regard have had exposure to about 8 different languages at this point in my life.  At one point I was doing game and sound design, and was part of an award-winning game design team.  Here is a list of the awards we got for the "medical action game" that team created:
http://www.medicalactiongames.com/bodyguard/recogs.shtml  

Recently learned SQL as part of my M.S.

So...It's not that I don't have experience.  It's just...you're supposed to keep your C.V. to one page Wink

Cheers!

Chris

Impressive!

and this bold underline thing,people are often too lazy,that all thing with openledger is not that difficult as we people are lazy  Grin

Good point. People are very lazy!

But what I don't understand is if they want to invest in the project can't they just make an account and deposit some BTC there? It's so hard? It's not weird science, or a complicated algorithm to solve... it's quite easy especially if there is already a guide how to do it. C'mon people, it's a good project that can be great in the years to come, at least some effort you can put in it and it's not much: just an account to be created and some BTC transferred into an address inside that account. It's quite easy if you follow the guide. No need to store keys and files offline just to remember an user name and a password.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mchwierutSC

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:18:01 PM

AA / If someone want to buy a house he can buy it with cadastral? Is it compulsory or people will still be able to buy with FIAT / normal bank account and be registered on bitland as well?

BB / "1 Million To Establish Basket of Currency Reserve during ICO Period" : What will you do with the sell of other 20 millions of cadastral? You will also convert it into  various currency right? So what is the difference between the basket of currency and the money you will get from the sell of 20 millions cadastral?

CC/ About direct deposit in bitcoin, as you use CCDEK as escrow, I don't understand why we cannot buy directly cadastral on CCDEK by creating an account and sending BTC?

Thanks for your good communication Chris, I did not invest yet but still very interested.

AA/  Yes, that is the plan.  However, we are going to put safeguards in place so foreign investors can't "buy up" houses.  This is why the system has to be set up in a double-blind investment system for foreigners and the government.  In order to prevent mass displacement of locals, you can't really allow anyone external to Ghana to "buy" land.  If that were allowed, the government would forcibly remove citizens, then sell the land to the foreigners.  This is also why the government isn't the entity who decides WHERE the development capital is going.  The government is made aware of the investment, but doesn't directly handle it.  This prevents corrupt government officials from directing funds towards their friends and family, and also prevents government from just taking the money. 

As far as different currencies, Bitland is going to hold currency of whatever country it resides in, and will keep a multi-currency reserve so that it is NOT compulsory to only use Cadastrals to enter the system.  Main thing being, the system has to be able to prevent charge-backs on debit cards, so it just has to come later down the line.  We partnered with Openledger specifically because they can already handle Fiat deposits.

BB/  The year 1 project plan has already allocated where funds will be spent from the ICO.  It will all go towards building a physical infrastructure to support the Bitland Network.  As was mentioned previously, in developing countries, you cannot rely on the local infrastructure, and thus blockchain solutions are not practical.  We are building a solar-powered wireless network that is dedicated to the Bitland Project.  The Basket reserve is coming from 1 million.  That has nothing to do with the 20 million being sold to build the infrastructure.  The 20 million will only be converted to Bitcoin, USD, or Ghanaian Cedi whenever necessary to cover a development cost.

CC/  There has been some confusion about this.  You absolutely CAN make an account on Openledger, deposit BTC, and send directly to Escrow account.  The only reason we added the direct send to address method is because people wanted that option, so we gave it to them.

Cheers!

Chris

Great questions Marechoux and great response Chris. Thank you. Elliot was kind enough to reach out to us and we will hopefully be able to publish a write-up soon.
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:31:50 AM

Phase 1 -----  ends either May 1st or when 1,000 Bitcoin worth (first 10 million) are sold.
Phase 2 -----  ends June 1st or when 4,000 Bitcoin worth are sold (10 million at 30,000 satoshi = 3,000 bitcoin + phase 1 1,000= 4,000 total).

You can confirm current successful funds at the escrow account here:  http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

30% bonus ends May 1st or might little faster!!

Go GO GO Bitland!!

Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:39:53 AM

I was one of the people that had said they encountered issues with Openledger, and just to clarify - There was a UI display issue with the open.bitcoin deposit address so I couldnt send to the correct address, I sent it to the exchange address instead. The next day I tried again and the Open.Btc address appeared.. weird yeah, but w/e. I made it through the process and I am a participant in this ICO.

Best of Luck!
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:40:56 PM

This ICO should attract more investors

how? it dosent take rocket science to realize how retarded this is overall.
like people who have to worry about shit like militia and running water are gonna benefit from REGISTERING property? whaaa? hahahaha
omg this is too funny! the people from that area are the hardest trying scammers in the world i swear! Wink
as bad as the scam ass russian waves ico lmao.
but atleast your not making people sell their souls and spam the sig to try push your garbage ;p
best of luck? or should i say thanks for the laugh? this is the best yet in this
ICO BUBBLE

use your heads people, tell me right now what a persona in ghana would do with this? wonder how they can sell it thats what, for shit to actually survive with
what a joke
tabali tigi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:41:09 PM

I was one of the people that had said they encountered issues with Openledger, and just to clarify - There was a UI display issue with the open.bitcoin deposit address so I couldnt send to the correct address, I sent it to the exchange address instead. The next day I tried again and the Open.Btc address appeared.. weird yeah, but w/e. I made it through the process and I am a participant in this ICO.

Best of Luck!

We appreciate you, and everyone who has participated so far!  Thanks for your support!

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:43:33 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 12:55:34 PM by tabali tigi

This ICO should attract more investors

how? it dosent take rocket science to realize how retarded this is overall.
like people who have to worry about shit like militia and running water are gonna benefit from REGISTERING property? whaaa? hahahaha
omg this is too funny! the people from that area are the hardest trying scammers in the world i swear! Wink
as bad as the scam ass russian waves ico lmao.
but atleast your not making people sell their souls and spam the sig to try push your garbage ;p
best of luck? or should i say thanks for the laugh? this is the best yet in this
ICO BUBBLE

use your heads people, tell me right now what a persona in ghana would do with this? wonder how they can sell it thats what, for shit to actually survive with
what a joke

You're kind of on topic.  Yes, the people in developing countries have to worry about being killed over their land.  That is EXACTLY the point.  If there is no real system to protect land from simply being taken by force, guess what?  THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS.

I didn't want to be the person to take it there, but since you are trying to make a mockery of this project, you need to understand that people are in fact dying over land titles.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/05/07/elderly-native-detroit-sisters-slain-ghana/70980666/

"Nzinga Janna, was found near their home in Ghana in what may been killings in a dispute over land. She was 75 and her sister was 60 at the time of death, according to reports in a Ghanian online news site and family members. Two men have been arrested, according to the Ghanian news report and family members."

"Salters said his mother and aunt were killed by people who wanted land she had legally acquired from the government in Ghana.

"Some locals decided they wanted to take the land from them," he said. "My mom went to court over that" and won.

"I guess the locals decided they were going to take matters into their own hands," he said. "And they decided to abduct and murder them."

Please...This is not a joke to the people who have to deal with it...

If you are going to use the names of the dead to mock this cause, please don't do it here.

Chris

kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:25:51 PM

In Japan, Ghana chocolate is very common. Somehow I grow up with Ghana chocoletes  Smiley

http://lotte.co.jp/products/brand/ghana/cm_haha2016/index.html

Let's talk about our project and all the best to Ghana people.

If you can see some videos there, you have been producing tons of smiles in Japan.  Grin

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:34:45 PM

In Japan, Ghana chocolate is very common. Somehow I grow up with Ghana chocoletes  Smiley

If you can see some videos there, you have been producing tons of smiles in Japan.  Grin

Yes, we are trying to work with the local cocoa farmers in Ghana to get them involved in this project. 

Cheers!

Chris

BitLandGlobal

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:16:41 PM

The number export from Ghana to the world market, cocoa.
jioy

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:41:39 PM

how about the coin info???
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:41:42 PM

how about the coin info???

From OP:

30 million Cadastrals were created in one block. 21 million Cadastrals will be sold during the ICO hosted by Crypto Currency Exchange Denmark(CCEDK). The remaining 9 million is allotted for distribution over 99 years for various purposes. At the completion of phase two of the crowd sale, all unsold Cadastrals will be added to the reserve and all purchased Cadastrals will be released for immediate trade. The funds raised will be apportioned directly to laying the operational infrastructure in Ghana. Future use of the token will be to register land titles, settle disputes, sell land, purchase property, and issue microloans for residential/commercial/industrial development. 20% of the network profit will be utilized to support the tokens on the open market. The Bitland reserve will hold multiple denominations of currencies, commodities, and will always keep a portion of currency from any country in which BitLand has a presence as part of the basket.

Escrow Account:
http://cryptofresh.com/u/ccedk.escrow

Cadastral Blockchain:
http://cryptofresh.com/a/CADASTRAL

Cheers!

Chris

brockhager

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:02:27 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brock Hager and I am the Web Admin for the Bitland Team. I apologize for being late to the party and look forward to the discussions here.

Like many of the Bitland Team, I work a full time job and do most of the work for Bitland on nights and weekends and whenever I can find time. All work done by me and others are not currently paid.  Speaking for myself, the last 2 years has been a lot of work, but my motivation for doing it goes beyond money.  Of course I would like to get paid for any work done, but we started at the ground level and for anyone that has looked at Bitland and the history that is here, this is how it works.  If the only projects that were ever successful were only the ones where the initial team was always getting paid, then there would be a lot of important things NOT getting done in the world.

From the beginning, I believed in this project. I have always wanted to be part of something that made the world a better place for people. I also wanted to be part of something that tackled an important issue like this (land registration) and the way we are approaching it is by working with the government, yet still being independent so we are not being influenced in a negative way.

Early on - when joining this team - there were other people with us.  They did not share the same vision that we had and we had to part ways.  For the past few years, I have worked closely with Nari, Chris and Elliot and we have spent hundreds of hours getting this project to the point where it is now. Mainly the work has been done by those other 3 with myself and others acting in a supporting role to help in anyway that the team needed.  By having this structure with the team, it made things work very smoothly compared to other teams that I have been part of.  I have been fortunate to be around these guys and to be part of this team.  Without all of the hard work that they have put in, Bitland wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is now.

Full disclosure:  Besides being on the Bitland Team and having a full time job, I am also part of a couple other projects that take up my time.  I am married and work 2 other jobs as well. There are a lot of things that take up my time, which is why I have not been able to join in on this forum until now.  I will try to respond when I can, but if my responses are delayed, please understand.

Chris - and the rest of the team - have done a great job responding here, so I don't feel the need to repeat anything that they have said. If you are questioning my identity, a simple Google search of "Brock Hager Iowa" or "Brockton Hager Iowa" will pull up anything you want to know about me.

I'm not that familiar with forum etiquette so please excuse me on that as well. (Not even sure how to add a sig?)

Thanks to everyone who has been part of the ICO and for all the support you have given to our project.

Look forward to talking with each and any of you.

All the best -

Brock Hager
Web Admin
Bitland

Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry - get your Cadastrals at the Initial Crowd Offering! ** CLICK **

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:09:22 PM

Very much cool,what you guys are doing is beautiful! 
brockhager

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:15:06 PM

Thanks Tuvok007!  We appreciate all of the support we have been getting
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 08:23:30 PM

Looks interesting, i will keep reading this thread, i want to join at the party Grin

Do you have any campaign like waves?

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 01:37:51 AM

Looks interesting, i will keep reading this thread, i want to join at the party Grin

Do you have any campaign like waves?

We are starting a campaign the 27th.  It will be a Proof of Action campaign to reward participants in Cadastrals for doing a few actions that will be named at the start of the campaign.  It will coincide with the release of a use-case video about the project.

Also, we are currently running a sig campaign and the next 93 people who change their sig to support the ICO and send me a pm will get 25 Cads.

Cheers!

Chris

tj303

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:12:47 AM

I am very interested in your solution to land managment and have been following it for a while now. I'm planning on contributing. However, there are other similar solutions that are aiming to solve a similar problem. How do you differ from bitfury's solution? I know factom is stalled in honduras as of now, but could it also be a real competitor if the politics are solved?

Bitfury:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-working-with-georgian-government-on-blockchain-land-registry/

Thanks!
BitLandGlobal

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:55:09 AM

I am very interested in your solution to land managment and have been following it for a while now. I'm planning on contributing. However, there are other similar solutions that are aiming to solve a similar problem. How do you differ from bitfury's solution? I know factom is stalled in honduras as of now, but could it also be a real competitor if the politics are solved?

Bitfury:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-working-with-georgian-government-on-blockchain-land-registry/

Thanks!

As you said, the project in Honduras stalled for various reasons known and unknown. Hats off to the BitFury team for jumping into the game in Georgia as well. While our systems and operation might be similar, our initiative is being injected into an area where the national and local climates are very different. To quote the Forbes article, "according to the World Bank, Georgia ranks third in the world for ease of registering a property for a small or medium-sized business." Ghana is ranked 77 on that list. Let it be said, it does not matter what part of the world we use the technology in a focused manner such as this, there is going to be an almost immediate benefit as operations move forward. For our part, Ghana was selected because of the much more pronounced uphill battle, the greater need, and the amount of gain which can be realized by the population. There is also the fact that 20% of the earth is Africa. Of that, 90% of that rural landmass is undocumented. Learning to navigate the complex traditions and customs of the nations of Africa early on in the process will only allow BitLand to move with greater precision and alacrity as we push ahead. It is very important to us that we put people first and not the technology. It has long been hypothesized, postulated, and evangelized that the blockchain could do wonders for land titles just like many other areas. The difficulty has never been writing the code, it is in designing a system the fits the needs for a target population. That being, there is no one size fits all solution. One step at a time, one person at a time, one country at a time.

Elliot
markus124

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:04:54 PM

It was a lil bit complicated but i buy some cadastrals. Im watching this thread. Good luck.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: