Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves  (Read 33933 times)
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:15:15 AM

Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.
calling some one delusional is most likely uncalled for and should warrant and apology but i'm not seeing in this thread where anyone called you delusional. I did see on a reddit post where a guy named schooltuber called you delusional...but he disavowed being part of the waves team.

While I am sure you may speak for your team, your partners may have pretty diverse interests and may not appreciate being told with who or whom not to do business with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:01:35 AM

Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

Suppose they don't like that truth. How sad they wouldn't be able to steal money if they obeyed the law.  Cry

The laws you refer to were created to protect interests of banksters, not of ordinary people. We all are 18+ here and decide ourselves what to do with our money. Go and post on Wall Street forums, people like you (who want to be a submissive of USA govt) are not welcome here.

PS: Could anyone quote my post, please? The guy doesn't like when I disturb him in his delusion world, but the message is intended to open his eyes and bring him back to the reality, it's important for him (though he won't admit that even to himself).

I'll help you out. We all know how well TPTB likes to coat his ass with his lawyer's genitals. Like the time where he threatened people here with a lawsuit for trolling him.

Oh and remember when TPTB said a few weeks ago how he will never post on these forums again? Sad

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:05:09 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 07:33:27 AM by TPTB_need_war

Just curious, and not looking to get into a long-running discussion over this, but if Waves is domiciled in Europe somewhere isn't it really the responsibility of US investors to obey US laws, not some foreign organization?

IANAL, but apparently US law goes after the issuers if they market them to non-accredited US investors. There may be details and exceptions. There is an entire thread on this topic.

Secondly, they are selling tokens, not shares in a corporation. How is what they're doing different then selling any other token (postage stamps, old coins) or commodity that goes up and down in value?

That linked thread explains the Supreme Court Howey test. Key criteria is the n00b (non-accredited) investors are relying on the future actions of issuer for the expectations of profits.

traumschiff added to my Ignore list for replying to a discussion/debate of the facts with an ad hominem attack. Attacking a person, is not a rebuttal of the facts under debate. It is non-informational noise.

AltcoinScamfinder added to my Ignore list for replying with an ad hominem attack to my post pointing out the high correlation between those who have ICO coins in their signature (or are known ICO promoters) to attack me with ad hominem posts devoid of any discussion of merit, when I mention US securities law. Appears from his signature line that he promoting crypto gambling; perhaps there is some connection to ICO coins in his vested interests.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:17:55 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 07:38:52 AM by TPTB_need_war

1. Core: no any protection against any DDoS atm. Peer blacklisting is just done(in 1.2.3). Networking layer is quite raw. Other things in the core are seem to be pretty OK.

I wrote a small paper on DDoS protection:

https://github.com/shelby3/hashsig/blob/master/DDoS%20Defense%20Employing%20Public%20Key%20Cryptography.md

I argued to Gmaxwell at al that Bitcoin's DDoS protection is insufficient as it scales.

there are only 1.5 seriously validated systems(... and partly Ethereum).

Sorry to Charles, but I have explained in technical detail in the Ethereum Paradox thread why I think Ethereum is a grandiose technobabble deception/clusterfuck. The Casper consensus algorithm insolubly flawed conceptual crap isn't validated. Vitalik entirely ignores my technical criticism, even I had put it in front of his face a few times already. What peer review. I am not too thrilled about them throwing $18 million down a rat hole then coming back for more by pumping some technobabble that can't work decentralized without destroying Nash equilibrium.

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:22:37 AM

question to charles why dont you join

I knew you were fucking stupid.  why would he join a copy of his own shit?
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:00:34 AM

Cohnhead, he said it in a slack convo that was reposted here and then edited. Regardless, I brought it up over skype to him and he admitted to saying it privately in his slack group. I have the text logs. Also the reddit claims of extortion are a lie and should be publicly disavowed.

The waves project has repeatedly lied to the public. They claimed to have one of my developers working on their project. They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not). The head of the project called me delusional and attacked my character. Several of the marketers here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

All of this does not change the fact that Waves currently has no product, does not have a stable governance structure, has no independent oversight of the project. They are using source code written by other people and in no way configured to do the things they have claimed.

If you want to throw your money at this garbage, then go ahead. But let me be very clear, iohk and it's partners will have nothing to do with Waves after this disgusting conduct.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:27:08 AM

Cohnhead, he said it in a slack convo that was reposted here and then edited. Regardless, I brought it up over skype to him and he admitted to saying it privately in his slack group. I have the text logs. Also the reddit claims of extortion are a lie and should be publicly disavowed.

The waves project has repeatedly lied to the public. They claimed to have one of my developers working on their project. They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not). The head of the project called me delusional and attacked my character. Several of the marketers here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

All of this does not change the fact that Waves currently has no product, does not have a stable governance structure, has no independent oversight of the project. They are using source code written by other people and in no way configured to do the things they have claimed.

If you want to throw your money at this garbage, then go ahead. But let me be very clear, iohk and it's partners will have nothing to do with Waves after this disgusting conduct.

What is scorex good for and what are you planning on doing with it?

That seems relevant to evaluating whether what Waves claims to plan to do with it is credible or not.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

As you may know, Nxt prevents forking with closing code not released into production yet and also by somewhat terrible licensing(since 1.5?).
Why GPL license is 'terrible'?
Anyone share some detailed opinions?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:43:53 AM

They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not).

That's not the purpose of an IPO anyway, so I doubt it will be a problem.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:57:58 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 12:54:18 PM by instacalm

Several (...) here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

Why would you even think that? Apparently it was posted to show who you are. Do you regard leaving Ethereum as some sort of fail? I didn't.

Frankly, I think nobody really cared about "iohk and its partners" before you came here and posted this topic, and most likely nobody really cares now either. In my view it is quite obvious that you posted this to create a negative vibe, you had even hoped for personal attacks, helping you to act as a victim who's been hurt. You didn't get such attacks though. If waves is "such garbage" why not go ahead and ignore it -- your "disgusting conduct" -- as you call it -- is not going to cure your personal anger.
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 09:17:22 AM

Scorex is a toolkit to rapidly prototype new ideas and models for cryptocurrency development. Iohk's goal is to make scorex a pedagogical framework for universities and researchers to use to both teach students about cryptocurrencies and test new protocols quickly.

We will be making a major presentation in Corfu, Greece and attaching a university partner to the project soon.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:30:26 AM

I thought ETH is garbage when I were mainly using Ripple. But nowadays, I admit rise of ETH gave other crypt currency markets super success. ETH made us happy. Who made ETH? We believe you know the answer.

If you would, please don't be so PC. I feel as if Superman is not helping people in suffer claiming "because you disgust me before". As much as you got a power n good experience in your business, you should lead your follower to right path, not making a feeling of entrapment in between.

Someone very special to regal or law, will you be so PC with the Superman? You better no so, the Superman battle with bad monsters but crushes building near by and say nothing afterwords. What you need skill is to say the building owners "forget about it. that's Superman business. bye!".

I will decide I should invest my money to your further business or not, depends on your next move.Lack of HR management means lack of credibility to controlling his organization, result, repeating in and out of your resource... that what I leant.

Peace Wink

p.s. I hope my slopy English make sense to you.

hmachado

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:36:04 AM

Several (...) here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

Why would you even think that? Apparently it was posted to show who you are. Do you regard leaving Ethereum as some sort of fail? I didn't.

Frankly, I think nobody really cared about "iohk and its partners" before you came here and posted this topic, and most likely nobody really cares now either. In fact, I believe there's not even anybody here who had planned to cooperate with you in the first place. In my view it is quite obvious that you posted this to create a negative vibe, you had even hoped for personal attacks, helping you to act as a victim who's been hurt. You didn't get such attacks though. Funny! If waves is "such garbage" why not go ahead and ignore it -- your "disgusting conduct" as you call is is not going to cure your personal anger. Have a great day and good bye!

Damn... you are actually still trying to make it look better.
Forget about it, there is no possible way to make this mess look half decent.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:03:51 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 11:19:59 AM by TPTB_need_war

Scorex is a toolkit to rapidly prototype new ideas and models for cryptocurrency development. Iohk's goal is to make scorex a pedagogical framework for universities and researchers to use to both teach students about cryptocurrencies and test new protocols quickly.

We will be making a major presentation in Corfu, Greece and attaching a university partner to the project soon.

Charles good luck with your project. I was amazed to see you (kushti actually) had afaik succeeded in using Scala to make a modular crypto-currency experimentation framework. I immediately suspected it was you when I first of heard of Waves some weeks ago.

Btw, I am (in all likelihood) abandoning Scala and thinking about Rust:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg14495386#msg14495386
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg14496524#msg14496524

P.S. You know I am just a 2 hour flight from the Philippines to your HK office. Perhaps we will finally meet this year if we have a reason to or if I just happen to be in HK when you are also there.

Edit: I think you want to encourage open-source use of Scorex, so I'd lay off the defensiveness about the perceived (unintended, real, or otherwise) personal attacks. I would just stick to saying that you want to encourage open-source adoption and experimentation, but will not allow such uses to claim or imply endorsement by IOHK (by way of mentioning its employees for example) nor to claim or imply that Scorex is offered as a ready for prime-time commercial for-profit code base. Waves afaics (and has been quoted in this thread from their website) clearly misled the investment public and could clear this up by making a definitive disclaimer on their website.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:06:38 AM

So Scorex was declared to be not ready for a production use. Since 1.1.0 modular design is there, so a consensus as well as transactional modules are to be injected into core. Since 1.2.0 only core is to be called Scorex, and our first testnet application running on Permacoin consensus protocol is being called Lagonaki.

But Waves doesn't need anything except of core probably. They will build own transactional and consensus modules. Then it is Waves business to prove those modules are shine like a diamond.

Btw these are the most important parts of this thread and this should close down all the negative vibes of some people.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:11:44 AM

P.S. You know I am just a 2 hour flight from the Philippines to your HK office. Perhaps we will finally meet this year if we have a reason to or if I just happen to be in HK when you are also there.

Sweet Grin
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:09:55 PM

Another ad hominem throwing, ostensibly scammer accomplice added to my Ignore list.

Yeah, that's not an irrational response to a GIF pointing out that you're still responding to someone you claim to have on ignore at all.

Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

BlueMeanie, that you?

Is that 'FISTBUMP' up the arse of your victims.

You might want to look up the definition for "ad hominem" and apply it to the proper person. (HINT: It's you). Wink

To answer your question, at least I'm going to pretend it's a question ... FISTBUMP is a User Issued Asset created for tipping forum post on the BitShares forum. You can put them where ever you like.

cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:15:48 PM

Sweet Grin
Dude  Grin
sasha35625

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:19:13 PM

Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.
Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

65cerberus

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:44:01 PM

Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

people who can mend their differences creates respect.  thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: