Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves  (Read 33933 times)
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:38:43 PM

You can sell an ICO legally I presume. One thing you could have done is get a lawyer and have him advise, e.g. blacklisting USA non-accredited investors.

wait a sec shelby. shouldnt this be the job of the US non-accredited investors to decide what they can or cant do.

u see, naturally I dont give a darn about USA. U obey ur nifty laws, I obey mine.

~CfA~

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:09:58 PM

This is all irrelevant.  It's another recursive, permissioned ledger like every other IPO with Russian affiliation.  You need a Nash equilibrium for security aspects, but you also need one for adoption.  If someone premines the entire coin and has the market cornered by design on day one, there's zero incentive for anyone to adopt it when the issuer and his cronies have such advantage over everyone else.  You're just replicating central banking except the value of central banking units is derived through coercion, and without it, it would have no value.

You can't remove mining without turning cryptocurrency into a permissioned ledger either:

The purpose of mining (in bitcoin) is to create a permanent two way peg, decentralized exchange, which thus results in a permissionless system.

From the thread:

IOTA - Permissioned ledger Russian extortion scheme

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1414866.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:25:15 PM

This is all irrelevant.  It's another recursive, permissioned ledger like every other IPO with Russian affiliation.  You need a Nash equilibrium for security aspects, but you also need one for adoption.  If someone premines the entire coin and has the market cornered by design on day one, there's zero incentive for anyone to adopt it when the issuer and his cronies have such advantage over everyone else.  You're just replicating central banking except the value of central banking units is derived through coercion, and without it, it would have no value.

You can't remove mining without turning cryptocurrency into a permissioned ledger either:

The purpose of mining (in bitcoin) is to create a permanent two way peg, decentralized exchange, which thus results in a permissionless system.

From the thread:

Another chunk of bullshit, as usually.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:33:35 PM

wait a sec shelby. shouldnt this be the job of the US non-accredited investors to decide what they can or cant do.

Originally I supported this perspective, which also seems to be supported by the actual history of the blueksky laws in the USA:

http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2679&context=fss_papers

What changed my mind is the altcoin arena has turned totally away from any sane decentralized designs to the proof-of-shit/stake designs which are really just MLM investment scams in disguise that prey on the gambling instinct in humans.

It is regressing the progress of our technologies, not advancing them.

More abstractly, you are essentially arguing that every member of society is an island and can protect him/herself from every threat alone.

Shouldn't it be the job of every citizen of a nation to defend themselves against a nuclear bomb using their handgun.

The reason the USA protects the little man from his own gambling instinct is because it is known to be an impoverishing addiction that leads to deleterious outcomes for society. Whether it didn't entirely come about for that reason, the public seems to support the regulation of gambling.

My more abstract generative essence statement on regulation is as follows. Any market which is not self-regulating, i.e. which is dysfunctional and not behaving as a free market, will end up regulated by special interests. My definition of "free market" is decentralized market. So the reason the altcoin market is not decentralized and is dysfunctional, is because of asymmetric information. The speculators entirely lack the ability to understand the technobabble. They entirely rely on a few "experts" to guide them. And thus the market does not function. It regresses.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:03:59 PM

You need a Nash equilibrium for security aspects, but you also need one for adoption.  If someone premines the entire coin and has the market cornered by design on day one, there's zero incentive for anyone to adopt it when the issuer and his cronies have such advantage over everyone else.  You're just replicating central banking except the value of central banking units is derived through coercion, and without it, it would have no value.

Which is precisely why it can't become a "value transfer system" where that is supposed to mean a currency and unit-of-exchange, and not a transfer of value from gamblers and fools to snakeoiltechnocoolbabble salesmen.

sasha35625

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:08:28 PM

From the thread:

Bad Russians, lol.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:26:36 PM

Originally I supported this perspective, which also seems to be supported by the actual history of the blueksky laws in the USA:

http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2679&context=fss_papers

What changed my mind is the altcoin arena has turned totally away from any sane decentralized designs to the proof-of-shit/stake designs which are really just MLM investment scams in disguise that prey on the gambling instinct in humans.

More abstractly, you are essentially arguing that every member of society is an island and can protect him/herself from every threat alone.

Shouldn't it be the job of every citizen of a nation to defend themselves against a nuclear bomb using their handgun.

The reason the USA protects the little man from his own gambling instinct is because it is known to be an impoverishing addiction that leads to deleterious outcomes for society. Whether it didn't entirely come about for that reason, the public seems to support the regulation of gambling.

My more abstract generative essence statement on regulation is as follows. Any market which is not self-regulating, i.e. which is dysfunctional and not behaving as a free market, will end up regulated by special interests. My definition of "free market" is decentralized market. So the reason the altcoin market is not decentralized and is dysfunctional, is because of asymmetric information. The speculators entirely lack the ability to understand the technobabble. They entirely rely on a few "experts" to guide them. And thus the market does not function. It regresses.

What a pile of bull shit. Laws related to finances have only one real purpose - to help banksters to keep the current status quo. Of course, lawmakers pretend they work hard to protect us against terrorists/pedophiles/immigrants. There are only few people here who believes them.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:46:28 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 03:56:56 PM by TPTB_need_war

What a pile of bull shit. Laws related to finances have only one real purpose - to help banksters to keep the current status quo. Of course, lawmakers pretend they work hard to protect us against terrorists/pedophiles/immigrants. There are only few people here who believes them.

You don't even comprehend what I wrote. It is far above your abstraction capacity.

When markets don't have decentralization (which in this case is centralized due to asymmetric information which is why only accredited or sophisticated investors are allowed because they have more motivation to become informed and have proven they will do their DD), then those effectively centralized markets WILL BE INEVITABLY regulated/captured by special interests. It is an inevitable outcome of the lack of a free market due to centralization (in this case asymmetry of information is a form of centralization of the market). Thus the market can't anneal to productive investment, due to the lack of decentralized decision making (e.g. all the fools rely on the information from a few "experts" who manipulate them).

And you forgot to point out that you are one of the special interests who are milking the fools and just as culpable as the banksters you try to deflect their attention to.

You are pretending you are the good car salesman and the banksters are the bad car salesmen. Nice one!  Wink

You’ll be greeted by a friendly sales person—and if he’s any good at what he does, he’s also personable and disarming.

What follows is a classic episode of the good-cop-bad-cop game with your salesman pretending to be arguing for you. I say pretending because the manager and your salesman work for the same organization, are both on commission, and both stand to benefit from you paying a higher price. They’re on the same side, get it?

This sad comedy plays out several times during the negotiations with the salesman conducting a physically impressive begging routine, while his manager makes exaggerated side to side motions with his face as if to say “definitely not”—all playing out in a corner office with glass walls so you can see the drama unfold inside. Finally, after your salesman has done “all he can”, the manager makes a quick guest appearance to deliver the let-me-give-you-our-bottom-line speech.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:00:44 PM

Bad Russians, lol.

Why are you not marketing your ICO to Russians first then? Why not write your website in Russian so we can't pesker you.

You want to take from our high productivity (CfB seems to think the USA stole everything it has using our military and reserve currency), yet you don't want to respect our legal systems.

Make a decentralized token and get it widely adopted, then you won't need to beg for money before the product is even created. Or go get non-public investment from professionals/angels who do their due diligence. Or market to your own nation and the laws you have there. Or do a crowdfunding for contributions not providing any monetary value in return.

sjccrypto

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:13:46 PM

Bad Russians, lol.

Why are you not marketing your ICO to Russians first then? Why not write your website in Russian so we can't pesker you.

You want to take from our high productivity (CfB seems to think the USA stole everything it has using our military and reserve currency), yet you don't want to respect our legal systems.

Make a decentralized token and get it widely adopted, then you won't need to beg for money before the product is even created. Or go get non-public investment from professionals/angels who do their due diligence. Or market to your own nation and the laws you have there. Or do a crowdfunding for contributions not providing any monetary value in return.

Has Charles responded to your request to meet?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:16:32 PM

Has Charles responded to your request to meet?

There was no request. You can try to read the thread again and I understand if English is not your native language. I'd be delighted if you quote the post you misunderstood (I know of course exactly what you are referring to).

I find it hilarious if you are implying that I need to ride on Charles' coattails. I am quoting this for posterity which we can look back on retroactively.

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

Bad Russians, lol.

FYI this forum isn't only visited by the US citizens (just because we all speak english here), stop speaking as if everyone should respect YOUR laws and bullshit. You don't even live in the US anymore.

This is slowly turning into heavy racism on your part, better stop now.

I'm starting to report your posts for racism and as a disclaimer, I am not russian.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:49:30 PM

This is slowly turning into heavy racism on your part.

Since when was a nationality and/or culture a race. I might even have Russian ancestry. I am far from rascist dude. I am against scammers. Period.

My point was quite clear and had nothing to do with race.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:50:33 PM

This is slowly turning into heavy racism on your part.

Since when was a nationality a race. I might even have Russian ancestry. I am far from rascist dude. I am against scammers. Period.

You start to troll him with your posts because of his nationality, this is way 2 obvious from the content. Stop dude.

Bad Russians, lol.

Are you implying that everyone on this forum is from the US? That only US citizens invested into Waves? That I as a Hungarian shouldn't invest because you have certain laws in the US?

Don't invest into it if you feel it's not legal in your jurisdiction, no one asked you to.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:51:23 PM

You don't even comprehend what I wrote.

Didn't read the rest, not interested in new excuses. Put me back on ignore, please.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:53:05 PM

You start to troll him with your post because of his nationality, this is way 2 obvious from the content. Stop dude.

I am not trolling. I am stating the issues around scamming. These guys seem to think they can sell their wares to us in the USA while adhering only to their culture and legal system, while telling us they don't give a fuck about our culture and legal system. So I am telling them why not sell their wares to their own countrymen in their own culture and legal system.

The reason they don't is because they know their own countrymen won't buy the shit (and probably break both of their legs after being scammed). So they have to peddle their shit illegally on us across the wire.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:54:47 PM

You start to troll him with your post because of his nationality, this is way 2 obvious from the content. Stop dude.

I am not trolling. I am stating the issues around scamming. These guys seem to think they can sell their wares to us in the USA while adhering only to their culture and legal system, while telling us they don't give a fuck about our culture and legal system. So I am telling them why not sell their wares to their own countrymen in their own culture and legal system.

The reason they don't is because they know their own countrymen won't buy the shit. So they have to peddle their shit illegally on us across the wire.

No one told you to buy anything. Period.

Now stop with the racism.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:00:16 PM

Since when was a nationality and/or culture a race. I might even have Russian ancestry. I am far from rascist dude. I am against scammers. Period.

My point was quite clear and had nothing to do with race.

It's not the first time I show you this link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_racism
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:06:06 PM

No more time to waste on these losers. My posts stand on their merits. I stated upthread the sample size is too small. There is no backpedaling and I know damn well you are trying to find some way to salvage your massive defeat in this thread.

Sorry you've lost. Which is what you deserve because you do bad things. Bye.

Karma will get you. Mark my word. (And if you really piss me off maybe some of my New Orleans black magic voodoo too, hehe)

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:09:56 PM

No more time to waste on these losers. My posts stand on their merits. I stated upthread the sample size is too small. There is no backpedaling and I know damn well you are trying to find some way to salvage your massive defeat in this thread.

Sorry you've lost. Bye.

Not sure how you can live in the Philippines with that US supremacist attitude, but I wouldn't go as far as telling it to the locals. It would be the worst place to do it just right before a crypto-currency forum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: