Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: For those owed by bASIC: How much would you be willing to contribute to costs to recover a maximum of $1000/each from bASIC to be considered settled.
No deal. I'm owed a lot more than that. - 14 (23%)
$10 - 2 (3.3%)
$20 - 1 (1.6%)
$30 - 1 (1.6%)
$40 - 0 (0%)
$50 - 8 (13.1%)
$100 - 5 (8.2%)
$200 - 3 (4.9%)
$500 - 2 (3.3%)
$750 - 0 (0%)
$1000 - I just want justice. - 13 (21.3%)
more - It's all principle at this point. - 12 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGAL COURSE of ACTION Discussion --- bASIC / BitcoinASIC  (Read 21222 times)
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:32:41 AM

Anyway, it's a little bit promising that your order number is somewhat low.
Actually the fact that my order number was somewhat low (one of the first 30 ordered units) is not promising, it just means I was on one of the top spots of the list... far more people below me, still waiting for a BTC refund...

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:15:18 PM

Actually the fact that my order number was somewhat low (one of the first 30 ordered units) is not promising, it just means I was on one of the top spots of the list... far more people below me, still waiting for a BTC refund...

That's about what I thought. But didn't realize you were in the top 30. Anyway, my perspective was that maybe it means Tom started from an end of the list (among the first) and is working his way down the list like a plan. However, I haven't heard anyone else claiming to receive a refunds lately. Then again, I haven't been paying close attention this weekend.

||bit
||bit (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:04:55 PM

On second thought, this may not be very hopeful at all. If he is starting at the top and you're order was maybe 30(max 200 something) from the first preorder, that would seem too indicate Tom has only just begun with the refunds. He said there were "thousands" to do...so why did it take this long to get so few down the list?

||bit

Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:40:46 PM

On second thought, this may not be very hopeful at all. If he is starting at the top and you're order was maybe 30(max 200 something) from the first preorder, that would seem too indicate Tom has only just begun with the refunds. He said there were "thousands" to do...so why did it take this long to get so few down the list?||bit

Because they (he?) is playing for time, so by the time we morons are woken up to the fact that they are not going to refund even most victims, they are long gone and tracks are cold. With all probability they (Tom, Dave whoever) are not even who they say they are. They are just stolen some poor bastards identity, and fucking us around.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:43:51 AM

On second thought, this may not be very hopeful at all. If he is starting at the top and you're order was maybe 30(max 200 something) from the first preorder, that would seem too indicate Tom has only just begun with the refunds. He said there were "thousands" to do...so why did it take this long to get so few down the list?||bit

Because they (he?) is playing for time, so by the time we morons are woken up to the fact that they are not going to refund even most victims, they are long gone and tracks are cold. With all probability they (Tom, Dave whoever) are not even who they say they are. They are just stolen some poor bastards identity, and fucking us around.

Possible, but I don't think so. If it were true, they would not likely have refunded anyone. I think the images and addresses used by Tom were real. Even his vehicle license plate number which we know from photos Tongue The only question is, when/if to start legal action. Many seem ready. Already at least 80% of polled people owed are ready to do something if asked to cooperate.

||bit

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 05:35:25 AM

On second thought, this may not be very hopeful at all. If he is starting at the top and you're order was maybe 30(max 200 something) from the first preorder, that would seem too indicate Tom has only just begun with the refunds. He said there were "thousands" to do...so why did it take this long to get so few down the list?

||bit

Tom's claim of "thousands" of refunds still to be processed is dubious (it may have been thousands including the CC refunds which were already processed by Dave).

Dave's post of 27 January is probably more accurate.

Remaining:
136 BTC order refunds
106 BTC order refunds (already sent to Tom for payment)

I will now move into reconciling the BTC payments made already and then create a master list of BTC refunds that I will give to Tom.  I plan to provide him with the USD value of the order and BTC payment address - it will be up to Tom to decide what exchange rate to convert these to.

In Dave's final post on Tom's forum on 2 February, he said that about 40 people hadn't responded to requests for a Bitcoin payment address.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 06:09:00 AM

Ahhh. even more "get rich quick" schemes.

Read the prospectus very clearly, even an absolute beginner can see the massive holes in it.

Tom was a scammer.
He has been reported as such and I believe actions are being taken to close current and any future "credit card"  processing opportunities.
The rat is soon to find his Maze is very much reduced in Size.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
BasementMiner!

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:26:22 AM

||bit

Tom's claim of "thousands" of refunds still to be processed is dubious (it may have been thousands including the CC refunds which were already processed by Dave).

Remaining:
136 BTC order refunds

I will now move into reconciling the BTC payments made already and then create a master list of BTC refunds that I will give to Tom.  I plan to provide him with the USD value of the order and BTC payment address - it will be up to Tom to decide what exchange rate to convert these to.

In Dave's final post on Tom's forum on 2 February, he said that about 40 people hadn't responded to requests for a Bitcoin payment address.

Wrong, 40 people weren't notified of a request. I was one.

There was no email in my inbox; a ignorant buyer could have easily had forgotten and not gotten a refund.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:33:18 AM

Same.  I was watching for it and never received one.  I sent the email regardless.

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
||bit (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:35:47 AM

||bit

Remaining:
136 BTC order refunds

There was no email in my inbox; a ignorant buyer could have easily had forgotten and not gotten a refund.

No email received here either. However, I logged into the account on the website and saw a note there from late January. The note said to respond to the email message with a payment address. But there was no email, and the message in the account didn't include an email address to send a btc payment address to... so, I simply emailed him using the email address Dave said was the best he knew about.

||bit
||bit (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:46:30 AM

I wonder if it would be worth seeking justification to search his records or accounts if we take him to court. B/c if this was more than a business fiasco, then he needs to be taken down completely by the legal system. No sense in letting him get away to rob again, if that is indeed what he intended. And if he did, then lock him up, liquidate his assets, and redistribute to the victims.

||bit
||bit (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:47:28 AM

Same.  I was watching for it and never received one.  I sent the email regardless.

Same here.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792

Bite me

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:42:26 AM

still waiting  Angry

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 06:09:48 PM

No email received here either. However, I logged into the account on the website and saw a note there from late January. The note said to respond to the email message with a payment address. But there was no email, and the message in the account didn't include an email address to send a btc payment address to... so, I simply emailed him using the email address Dave said was the best he knew about.

||bit
Same here.  I provided all of my order information and and refund address in a Jan. 12 email, then the status changed to "Payment address Requested" in late January.  I added btcfpga@gmail.com to the 3 emails I was sending the request to and resent it.  I wish there was a way we could confirm we are on the list.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:53:09 PM

I also received no email. I noted that status had changed to "address requested" and sent that information on my own initiative. Communication was dreadful and if you didn't check status of your account you could have been excluded from the refund list entirely.

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:41:07 PM

I am baffled as to why he would run with the coins considering the massive uptick in price?

If he indeed did not convert them to USD, it seems he would easily have funds to pay back everyone and still profit from some basic arbitrage.

I see people want their 20,30,etc. BTC, but he could make a case easily to state he offered the product pricing in "USD" and merely "accepted" bitcoins as a payment option at current conversion rates at time of sale.

This would satisfy any court in the world and it seems he could settle all and still make out.

I don't know if this helps anyone's pain, but I did get a credit card refund and since I'm currently getting a divorce and stuck with my own debts, that refund has made a pretty crappy situation much easier than losing nearly $27,000.

For the record, I initiated my refund last November.

So...at least you're not getting a divorce with young children to think about.

Bets of luck to everyone here, I hope you guys get your money back.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:49:34 PM

So...at least you're not getting a divorce with young children to think about.

Been there. Sucked.

Best of luck to you sir.

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:53:57 PM

Thanks.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 12:20:13 AM

didn't have time to properly read, but i'm interested.
Purchased using bitcoin, one of the first preorders, just down single BASIC01 worth fortunately

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

I need a count of people who are ready to take legal action to recover their BTC purchases.
If your ready to take action, PM me, (DO NOT POST in this forum)
I need a count to give to the NY Lawyer I have working on this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: