Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: For those owed by bASIC: How much would you be willing to contribute to costs to recover a maximum of $1000/each from bASIC to be considered settled.
No deal. I'm owed a lot more than that. - 14 (23%)
$10 - 2 (3.3%)
$20 - 1 (1.6%)
$30 - 1 (1.6%)
$40 - 0 (0%)
$50 - 8 (13.1%)
$100 - 5 (8.2%)
$200 - 3 (4.9%)
$500 - 2 (3.3%)
$750 - 0 (0%)
$1000 - I just want justice. - 13 (21.3%)
more - It's all principle at this point. - 12 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGAL COURSE of ACTION Discussion --- bASIC / BitcoinASIC  (Read 21222 times)
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:00:45 PM

I'm sorry your angry. I fucked up. I poorly managed this business. I completely fucked it up and its my fault but I did not do it with the intention of scamming anyone.
Yes, we are angry, we are also very disappointed in how you have behaved.

I will admit that although my FPGA business was going well until they became obsolete, I was way out of my league when it came to making an ASIC - I fucked it up, I ruined my business and if it makes you feel any better I feel like a piece of shit every day.
No it does not.

I should have a couple hundred BTC by the end of the day - the entirety of that will go to refunds.

There's nothing I can do other than pay people back and believe me or not I will continue to do so util everyone is paid.
Give us a plan of action.
I am sorry about my attitude, I did not mean to come off like that - please everyone can you find it in your heart to forgive me for my poor attitude. This is a very humbling experience for me.

When I feel like  I am being attacked - I tend to act immaturely and fight back and I am truly sorry.
The only way to forgiveness is atonement, time to act like an adult and face people directly and honestly.

Your right its no ones fault but my own that this happened but you can ask the people I was working with I never once had the intentions of scamming anyone. There's no point in it for me, I made nothing from this and I am spending my own money to pay it back.
You used the pre-order money after you stated that you had not or would not. In my book, that's embezzlement.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me I dont want pity I just want you to work with me.

thanks to those who can feel at least some empathy towards me. My wallet has 36920  blocks left to download and then the refunds will begin.
This is business, you wanted to play with the big boys, you failed to follow up and hid like an abused child. Time to man up and make things right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:02:38 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 05:30:53 PM by malevolent

Glad to see people are willing to take legal action, will this be the first bitcoin suite? (apart from bitcoinica's which appears to be going nowhere)

EDIT: you could one more poll option - I am just an observer curious how it ends.

Signature space available for rent.
Mobius

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

I'm sorry your angry. I fucked up. I poorly managed this business. I completely fucked it up and its my fault but I did not do it with the intention of scamming anyone.

I will admit that although my FPGA business was going well until they became obsolete, I was way out of my league when it came to making an ASIC - I fucked it up, I ruined my business and if it makes you feel any better I feel like a piece of shit every day.

I should have a couple hundred BTC by the end of the day - the entirety of that will go to refunds.

There's nothing I can do other than pay people back and believe me or not I will continue to do so util everyone is paid.

I am sorry about my attitude, I did not mean to come off like that - please everyone can you find it in your heart to forgive me for my poor attitude. This is a very humbling experience for me.

When I feel like  I am being attacked - I tend to act immaturely and fight back and I am truly sorry.

Your right its no ones fault but my own that this happened but you can ask the people I was working with I never once had the intentions of scamming anyone. There's no point in it for me, I made nothing from this and I am spending my own money to pay it back.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me I dont want pity I just want you to work with me.

thanks to those who can feel at least some empathy towards me. My wallet has 36920  blocks left to download and then the refunds will begin.

So instead of doing the right thing and showing what is still owed and the plan to pay it back, you whine that people are attacking you.

You're so deserving of the blue ribbon. Does that make you feel better?

I am sorry if I left this out, I have purchased a couple hundred BTC and have some more on the way - As soon as my block chain downloads
34700 left to download now I will begin todays refunds. If anyone emails me I will reply today.
Everyone will be refunded starting in 3400 or so blocks - people will post confirmations today. I hope this is enough information for you
Im not going to bicker with anyone Im just going to refund them, I dont care about the scammer tag anymore have a nice day.

Try posting the order # each time you refund someone.
Mobius

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:08:15 PM

Update: I submitted more information this past Friday to the lawyer I have hired in this action. No further news is available at this point.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

Tom, what keeps you from posting a list of order number with a refund status and maintain that list in public?
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:37:51 PM

Tom, what keeps you from posting a list of order number with a refund status and maintain that list in public?

If it wasn't already clear, I pointed that out. If he does that, the list of refunds is probably larger than those that are bugging him. If he can get a few people that are really mad calmed down, likely some people have given up and their orders never need to be refunded.

Also, 100 BTC on the way. Woohoo! A whopping $4500! It would be interesting to see how long the to do list is. If it's 1000 to go, and he can do 3 a week, everyone will be refunded in 6 years. Not too bad.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Mobius

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:48:55 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 02:33:37 PM by Mobius

To get the ball rolling, for those of you who have had enough, here are some places to file a formal complaint:

I do not believe there is a requirement to be a citizen of the United States to file a complaint at some of these offices.

Federal Trade Commission:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?lang=en

NY Dept of State
https://www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/form/complaintform.asp

NY Attorney General Online Complaint System
http://www.ag.ny.gov/internet-bureau-online-complaint-form

Internet Crime Complaint Center - Read the FAQ https://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx
https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Reminder:
Invoices were from:
Thomas Van Riper
BTCFPGA
PO Box 246
Hannibal, NY 13074

315-514-0269

btcfpga@gmail.com
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:09:31 PM

anybody searching for Tom, this will help you identify the correct one;

Thomas Van Riper birth date: 02-xx-81

itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:29:14 PM

Hello Tom/Cablepair, since your ASIC project fell through. Please show us evidence that you actually had started with the project. Any details will help of course. You always kept quiet about the entire project, did you have an ASIC protype that hashed until they didn't hash anymore (died). Can you show us any proof at all that you actually had anything other than good intentions?

I had an order with you for 1 unit, which you did refund. I would just like to see proof you actually had a project, and it wasn't all just words to get more orders. If you actually showed proof of your project, even though it failed. Maybe people would be a little easier on you.
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:32:56 PM

If anyone emails me I will reply today.

Maybe this time you do, lets see. Last 5 emails got ignored, like always

Hai
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:09:18 PM

Tom actually answered my email today, so that worked.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
randomguy7

Activity: 527

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:21:02 PM

What I'd like to see is an explanation for the "CAN electronics" stunt.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:16:21 PM

What I'd like to see is an explanation for the "CAN electronics" stunt.

The fucker will say .... "it was hacked"....

Has anyone seen his youtube videos? the way he talks is shady like hell. The fat fck jaw doesnt like to move.

Btw, i have found his church. Gonna send more info of his action there.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:34:51 PM

No shiny e-mail here yet.  Undecided

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
tigereye

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:54:09 AM

My order #764 for 2x54GH/s miners hasn't received a BTC refund yet...

Now I'm as mad as everyone else in this thread.
I'm interested in pursuing legal action against someone who has willfully stolen money from people.
I have friends in the field and can call in some favours from them at no cost to me. I'm not at that point yet...

I know how much it costs to buy equipment, pay staff for their time, and deal with bootstrapping a brand new business, so **IF** this has occurred, I can understand where the initial funds went. Tom says he's trying to pay people back and I wish I could take his word as truth.

Now, I am not a "tommy lover" nor am I a "tommy hater."
I'm simply one man who is owed over $2,000 that I paid to another man in good faith that he would be shipping me a product. That didn't happen, and I've requested my refund. The man has said he would refund me, and we'll see if he's good to his word.

One thing HAS changed in the last week, I don't know if everyone has noticed.
We were complaining for about two months that Tom wasn't saying anything and that nobody could get any communication from the man.

Well now he's communicating.

Sure, it could all be BS, but the man is actually TALKING to us. This is a huge step up from last month.
Yes, we're still mad, and yes he still owes us money, but the man has repaid some people and says he is intent on repaying everyone else.

Throwing insults at him will not get your money any faster. The only thing it *WILL* do is alienate him, possibly causing him to stop posting again. Then we'll lose the communication we finally have gained.
I don't want that, and I'm sure you will all agree that you don't want that either. I like that he's finally communicating about this issue we all face.

Anyways.

Tom, like everyone else here I'd of course like my refund too.
Are you a scammer? I don't know. But I'm glad you're talking to us again and I'm glad you are saying you intend on paying each of us back. I'd like to take you on your word, but only time will tell.

-Tigereye

If my posts have helped, consider leaving a tip! 1AE5e56ivvaGMJJmLrZoLgiZXPx93CddyA
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:57:51 AM

Tom actually answered my email today, so that worked.

What email did you use? He hasn't responded to me, either via email, PM, or unannounced BTC refund.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:51:23 AM

One thing HAS changed in the last week, I don't know if everyone has noticed.
We were complaining for about two months that Tom wasn't saying anything and that nobody could get any communication from the man.

Well now he's communicating.

lol - No - sorry, nothing has changed.. Tom's "communication" levels are on par with a retarded gorilla throwing a temper-tantrum while flinging his own feces around the room. 

That example would actually be considered almost an improvement regarding "communication" and Tom during the entire abortion project of bASIC.

Also - odd how it took a BTC-talk "scammer" tag for him to come "communicate" with us..  hrrrmmmmmmmm

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 04:03:16 PM

Just so everyone knows I am ignoring all hostility and lies. I will not respond to them.

It's all about business now and getting this situation resolved and behind me.

My block chain will be finished downloading today for sure

I thought it would of been completed last night but it's taking forever.

The most recent transaction is 01/22 so we are getting close...

I already have my spread sheet setup - with who is getting what and to what address.

If you need to speak to me please email btcfpga@gmail.com

if all your interested in is being hostile with me - you will not get a response.

For those who want to work this out like adults and get their money back. Let's get this done.

thanks.
Tom
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:13:36 PM

Just so everyone knows I am ignoring all hostility and lies. I will not respond to them.

So providing a list of order numbers and amounts, is hostility? Because it isn't a lie... I'm confused. Anyone else?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 05:47:09 PM

For those who want to work this out like adults and get their money back. Let's get this done.
thanks.
Tom

For the record I do not think I have been hostile at all through this.  I am still awaiting a positive response to my e-mail from yesterday, thanks.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: