Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: For those owed by bASIC: How much would you be willing to contribute to costs to recover a maximum of $1000/each from bASIC to be considered settled.
No deal. I'm owed a lot more than that. - 14 (23%)
$10 - 2 (3.3%)
$20 - 1 (1.6%)
$30 - 1 (1.6%)
$40 - 0 (0%)
$50 - 8 (13.1%)
$100 - 5 (8.2%)
$200 - 3 (4.9%)
$500 - 2 (3.3%)
$750 - 0 (0%)
$1000 - I just want justice. - 13 (21.3%)
more - It's all principle at this point. - 12 (19.7%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGAL COURSE of ACTION Discussion --- bASIC / BitcoinASIC  (Read 21222 times)
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:49:10 AM

dear tom still waiting on an response to me email sent yesterday at 3:42 pm est.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:38:22 AM

#1554 .... still waiting

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 10:11:36 AM

Created an updated  thread for the refund list (the "dozen" refunds left):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152980.0

Let's keep this thread on topic about legal action.

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 12:29:49 PM

I will make this easy on you, any information I have I am willing to share. I never meant to scam anyone. If I did I would of kept the money, this is like scamming 101. If your going to scam someone you usually keep the money. I lost everything with this failed business venture and If there were any way I could pay every single person back right away I would.

Latest news:

Last night I paid nearly 1000 btc in refunds to 32 different individuals, and also resolved a 26k debt.

Today I am sending nearly 10kk in western union payments to resolve some other larger debts.

I am going to be accumulating more Bitcoin and will be making the next batch of refunds next friday on 03/22

I understand the anger of those who did not make it into this refund batch, and I am sorry that some of you think that somehow I profited from this. I am now refunding people from my own pocket. All items on the website were listed in a USD price. I used Bit-Pay to process the payments. The items we sold on our website were priced in USD not in BTC therefore When you purchased the items the USD amount was calculated into a Bitcoin amount based on the current exchange rate (mtgox). This is done by Bit-pay and this is the reason that when you purchase something from Bit-pay you only have a 15 minute window to pay the amount before the transaction is canceled. The same things goes for refunds. When you purchased something for 1000.00 you are only going to get that 1000.00 back, and because the refunds in this case are being done in Bitcoin the USD amount is calculated back to the current exchange rate (mtgox) at the time of the refund. Any other Bitcoin business would do this the same exact way, unless something is specifically priced in BTC, you will get back what you paid in USD.

Contact me:
btcfpga@gmail.com

this is the only email address I am using to handle refunds and I have been answering emails every day. I have Zero unanswered emails at this current time at that address.

About BTCFPGA
It's legal status remained as being a sole proprietorship which means the entire liability is with me and me alone. I know we had called ourselves LLC pending at one time and We had LLC papers produced but never filed them .

This is not about the scammer tag. This is about doing the right thing. I urge everyone to please be patient, if you have any thing you want to talk about or you have a special situation or if there is anything I can do other than what I have been doing which is paying back what I have please email me.

I will likely not be posting back here again until 03/22

I will be available everyday at btcfpga@gmail.com

Everyone will be paid back.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:53:39 PM

I will make this easy on you, any information I have I am willing to share. I never meant to scam anyone. If I did I would of kept the money, this is like scamming 101. If your going to scam someone you usually keep the money. I lost everything with this failed business venture and If there were any way I could pay every single person back right away I would.

Latest news:

Last night I paid nearly 1000 btc in refunds to 32 different individuals, and also resolved a 26k debt.

Today I am sending nearly 10kk in western union payments to resolve some other larger debts.

I am going to be accumulating more Bitcoin and will be making the next batch of refunds next friday on 03/22

I understand the anger of those who did not make it into this refund batch, and I am sorry that some of you think that somehow I profited from this. I am now refunding people from my own pocket. All items on the website were listed in a USD price. I used Bit-Pay to process the payments. The items we sold on our website were priced in USD not in BTC therefore When you purchased the items the USD amount was calculated into a Bitcoin amount based on the current exchange rate (mtgox). This is done by Bit-pay and this is the reason that when you purchase something from Bit-pay you only have a 15 minute window to pay the amount before the transaction is canceled. The same things goes for refunds. When you purchased something for 1000.00 you are only going to get that 1000.00 back, and because the refunds in this case are being done in Bitcoin the USD amount is calculated back to the current exchange rate (mtgox) at the time of the refund. Any other Bitcoin business would do this the same exact way, unless something is specifically priced in BTC, you will get back what you paid in USD.

Contact me:
btcfpga@gmail.com

this is the only email address I am using to handle refunds and I have been answering emails every day. I have Zero unanswered emails at this current time at that address.

About BTCFPGA
It's legal status remained as being a sole proprietorship which means the entire liability is with me and me alone. I know we had called ourselves LLC pending at one time and We had LLC papers produced but never filed them .

This is not about the scammer tag. This is about doing the right thing. I urge everyone to please be patient, if you have any thing you want to talk about or you have a special situation or if there is anything I can do other than what I have been doing which is paying back what I have please email me.

Why on earth did you wait THIS LONG to start "communicating" again?   While "nice" to see this "do righteous for all" Tom, we have seen this in the past where you provide an update or attempt some simple sentence structure... then you disappear..

If you are willing to share "any" information.. you could start from the top with details of what went "wrong" with bASIC.. as the people who gave you interest free loans have the right to know...  You can also attempt to explain why you bailed or walled yourself up when people were trying to help you out (visits from Luke and Dave)... Plus, you may want to even try explaining the horrid final act of bASIC with the CAN-ELECTRIC fraud... this would be information that people have been asking for.. and if you say you are willing to share and do the "right thing" this would be a start along with consistent refunds...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:08:37 PM

I really do not want to sound ungrateful for what Tom has tried to do but I cannot say I am whole just yet.

For some reason while the exchange rates were around $47.85ish while he was paying everyone back my transaction received has an apparent exchange rate of $49.31.

This means that for a USD cost of $2169.98 for 2 units he paid back only 44BTC instead of approximately 45.34BTC.
I do not know if this was because of clerical error or what but I believe I am still owed at least 1.25BTC.

I cannot wait until payments start again in a week as that minuscule amount could be wiped out in exchange gains for his benefit.

I put it to everyone here, should I still hound Tom for the remainder or just lick my wounds and be done with it?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

1000 BTC Paid out today.

Next friday hopefully I can take care of the few remaining customers who did not get refunded tonight.

This has nothing to do with a scammer tag and the pic is just a generic pic that comes with the forum software - you can have it too if you want to look like a strung out kurt cobain.

as always contact me at btcfpga@gmail.com

see you next friday for more refunds

hugs and kisses

-cp

What is the transaction id of every payment?

I have a feeling this is just another "crazy tom" series of posts. I intentionally didn't give him my bitcoin address via email or PM knowing that I'm on the list to see if he's honestly trying to work through it. Without proof I wouldn't say that he refunded more than a dozen orders from users who messaged him today.

If you guys will notice, he just ignores me. I've said that he needs to post a list of refunds that are owed. And pointed out, that he won't and that it is easier to refund the people complaining in the thread. Why should he refund people that aren't complaining or threatening to sue him? He might get lucky and keep $50k for all of his investments he made into R&D.

To prove the point, the look right above my post at all the people with lots of Huh? in their threads asking where their refund is because they still have nothing. Unfortunately for them, they weren't complaining while CP was doing his last couple of refunds.

Over 1000 BTC? Maybe, but transaction ID's sure would make it more believable.

Good luck with that. Unfortunately for me I believe in karma, making these refunds was not an option for me.

I don't know what kind of karma you believe in. I don't it's any kind of Hindu or Buddhist karma, but probably more a Hollywood style karma. It doesn't really matter which one you believe in, but eventually paying back what was paid to you doesn't make you even. You've got a lot of good to do to make up for how bad you've handled everything.

It's you I wish I could hug. You're the one that really needs it. And your poor wife.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:26:39 PM

Latest news:

Contact me:
btcfpga@gmail.com

About BTCFPGA

Why on earth did you wait THIS LONG to start "communicating" again?   While "nice" to see this "do righteous for all" Tom, we have seen this in the past where you provide an update or attempt some simple sentence structure... then you disappear..

If you are willing to share "any" information.. you could start from the top with details of what went "wrong" with bASIC.. as the people who gave you interest free loans have the right to know...  You can also attempt to explain why you bailed or walled yourself up when people were trying to help you out (visits from Luke and Dave)... Plus, you may want to even try explaining the horrid final act of bASIC with the CAN-ELECTRIC fraud... this would be information that people have been asking for.. and if you say you are willing to share and do the "right thing" this would be a start along with consistent refunds...
Perhaps he waited until he saw that legitimate legal action was being organized.  Then he had an "oh ****, better do something about this before I'm sued" moment.
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:33:27 PM

Excuses, excuses, rant, blabla cut

Perhaps he waited until he saw that legitimate legal action was being organized.  Then he had an "oh ****, better do something about this before I'm sued" moment.

I think that's exactly what happened...

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

Excuses, excuses, rant, blabla cut

Why on earth did you wait THIS LONG to start "communicating" again?   While "nice" to see this "do righteous for all" Tom, we have seen this in the past where you provide an update or attempt some simple sentence structure... then you disappear..

If you are willing to share "any" information.. you could start from the top with details of what went "wrong" with bASIC.. as the people who gave you interest free loans have the right to know...  You can also attempt to explain why you bailed or walled yourself up when people were trying to help you out (visits from Luke and Dave)... Plus, you may want to even try explaining the horrid final act of bASIC with the CAN-ELECTRIC fraud... this would be information that people have been asking for.. and if you say you are willing to share and do the "right thing" this would be a start along with consistent refunds...
Perhaps he waited until he saw that legitimate legal action was being organized.  Then he had an "oh ****, better do something about this before I'm sued" moment.

I think that's exactly what happened...

Absolutely what it sounds like. Instead of the karma thing, it sounds more like he has fear. In all reality, it's probably not fear of being sued either. It's probably more along the lines he's afraid someone's going to hurt him or his family physically in a permanent way.

Anyone think it is coincidental that he is mining around 60Ghs? Who thinks he took preorder money and bought an Avalon lol

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:38:07 PM

Tom answered me via email again. He states, he will pay me on 22nd. Lets see what happens. Thats the last time I am willed to wait, after that i will pursue legal action.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:44:25 PM

I really do not want to sound ungrateful for what Tom has tried to do but I cannot say I am whole just yet.

For some reason while the exchange rates were around $47.85ish while he was paying everyone back my transaction received has an apparent exchange rate of $49.31.

This means that for a USD cost of $2169.98 for 2 units he paid back only 44BTC instead of approximately 45.34BTC.
I do not know if this was because of clerical error or what but I believe I am still owed at least 1.25BTC.

I cannot wait until payments start again in a week as that minuscule amount could be wiped out in exchange gains for his benefit.

I put it to everyone here, should I still hound Tom for the remainder or just lick my wounds and be done with it?

I'd probably complain once or twice and then let that one go as it's not enough to lose sleep over.

The exchange rate I got was $47.78 btw.

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:07:51 PM

Tom you still have not replied to my email

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:10:53 PM

Tom answered me via email again. He states, he will pay me on 22nd. Lets see what happens. Thats the last time I am willed to wait, after that i will pursue legal action.

Tom still owes us $200k, but I know people he paid back > $100k. I believe Tom has the will to refund everybody but I am not sure Tom is in control of what is going on around him :-) Before pursuing legal action we could try to find somebody who would be willing to visit Tom again and who would be accepted by Tom and let them discuss the plan to refund everybody. If there is nobody near Tom we could in fact consider asking a local lawyer to do this for us so we save on the travel costs :-) I am in Europe and I will not travel myself :-)
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:19:41 PM

Tom still owes us $200k, but I know people he paid back > $100k. I believe Tom has the will to refund everybody but I am not sure Tom is in control of what is going on around him :-) Before pursuing legal action we could try to find somebody who would be willing to visit Tom again and who would be accepted by Tom and let them discuss the plan to refund everybody. If there is nobody near Tom we could in fact consider asking a local lawyer to do this for us so we save on the travel costs :-) I am in Europe and I will not travel myself :-)
I am "near" tom

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

I am "near" tom

Great. Last time Lukas visited Tom they did not come to any conclusions (in fact Lukas did get very little information from Tom about the project). It would be good to ask Tom if the trip will not be a waste of time and we probably need more trips than 1 :-) Also I assume Tom does not repay people because he has not funds. We have to think what we want to do if we find out this is the case.
I am willing to support the trip financially. We should think about the budget for the mediation steps.
tigereye

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:56:36 PM

All,

I apparently just received my refund via BTC. TX https://blockchain.info/tx/fa475b83c51d496f7ea3bf4cba7dfc80da7da53b5d5dda4790ae5f611a6cc3c9 for BTC45.

It's a lot less BTC than I originally paid ( BTC175 https://blockchain.info/tx/bfbff222cb7705a0fa123c979f009a799b441e64227738634e4882e70c67083a Sad ), however at the time of transaction, BTC45 works out to $2,159.10.

After receiving full refund for my bASIC order, I'd like to request to the mods that they remove his scammer tag.

Yes there was a significant amount of time with 0 communication, and yes that lead many to jump to the conclusion that he took people's money and ran. However, his posts on this forum since the incident all claim that he is in the process of refunding people, and as evidenced by my transaction posted above, he is making good on this claim.

While I'm still not super-happy about the long silence, I am most definitely content with Tom's return to posting and the refund he processed for me this morning.

I encourage everyone who is waiting for a refund to hold off on hurling insults at Tom as it's clear he is making some kind of effort to return people's funds.

If my posts have helped, consider leaving a tip! 1AE5e56ivvaGMJJmLrZoLgiZXPx93CddyA
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:01:46 PM

After receiving full refund for my bASIC order, I'd like to request to the mods that they remove his scammer tag.

Good, you got yours, let's remove the scammer tag.

However, there's a list of 20 people and growing that haven't received their refunds yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152980

Along with Even just above you saying that they are still owed over $200k. Not quite time to remove a scammer tag.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:08:08 PM

Good, you got yours, let's remove the scammer tag.

However, there's a list of 20 people and growing that haven't received their refunds yet.

Along with Even just above you saying that they are still owed over $200k. Not quite time to remove a scammer tag.

Am I sensing a team tommy resurgence ?  scammer tag should stay indefinitely, period.  Among other things possibly outside this forum, it actually seems to have helped get shit rolling in a more "positive" direction, if there is a such a thing...  

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:50:53 PM

<SARCASM>Good, you got yours, let's remove the scammer tag. </SARCASM>

Am I sensing a team tommy resurgence ?  scammer tag should stay indefinitely, period.  Among other things possibly outside this forum, it actually seems to have helped get shit rolling in a more "positive" direction, if there is a such a thing...  

Sorry I bolded and italicized the sarcasm tags. Of course he doesn't get the tags taken off because one guy got a refund....

WTF Smiley lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: