Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A warning to Bitcoin users believing this will take over payment systems  (Read 2920 times)
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:33:04 PM

What are you going to do when the person on the other end of the peer-to-peer decentralized open-source transaction is a bad guy who takes your hard-earned coins and leaves? Can Satoshi Nakamoto help you get your money back? He tried to create an utopia where everyone can be trusted and Bitcoin can be the savior of the financial world but unfortunately the world is broken, the world is dirty and is going to shit faster than we can fix it because there is no cure for greed and this greed will end us all. Bitcoin is only safe in a wallet. Upon leaving said wallet there are no rules in place to save your ass if someone out there gets you. If you go back to my post that started this deviation in conversation you would see that I have said 1/ Bitcoin fees other than miners transaction fees will set you back more than a simple debit card which is true because the Bitcoin companies offering cards are there to make profit off you which is a fact and 2/ Bitcoin is not secure after it has left your wallet or someone gets into your wallet because you have no recourse to get it back.

you should search for how many people are getting scammed because of charge-back. just google it and see some forum posts on social places like blackhatworld or reddit. there are a lot of people who have been scammed because of charge-back, the scammer buys the goods and then easily charges back and there is no way of proving by the seller in most of the times.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:53:13 PM

I would like to publicly apologize to everyone caught into this quarrel because it was my fault of interpreting the situation wrong. My sincere apologies to Carlton Banks and hope he is not very upset by my obnoxious behaviour.

I would like to affirm again that I am not anti-Bitcoin. Thank you.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:45:53 PM

you should search for how many people are getting scammed because of charge-back. just google it and see some forum posts on social places like blackhatworld or reddit. there are a lot of people who have been scammed because of charge-back, the scammer buys the goods and then easily charges back and there is no way of proving by the seller in most of the times.

Correct. And it's worse than you can possibly imagine. I have a hundred examples. I won't go into details here because I don't want to give any scammers ideas. But I could easily chargeback any online purchase I've made. I can keep the merchandise and I get all my money back, at the merchant's expense. The credit card companies don't care because they've shifted the responsibility for fraud to the merchants, yet they refuse to give merchants the tools needed to fight fraud. Scammers love credit cards.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: